The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Hans Bubby
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Hans Bubby » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Oh well :lol:

I'll be slowly working my way through the GOTY edition on PC so I'll get that strawberry floater then :nod:

Image Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Trelliz » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:12 pm

I got the goty version on ps4 as its on sale, i'll get round to it once i get through the witcher 2 first. That should be my gaming for the next year sorted...

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Dual » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:09 pm

I've had to turn the difficulty down on this as I keep getting my butt handed to me in combat. Currently save locked on Family Matters at the bit where you protect the old Brummy guy when he does the spell in the woods and the ghosts come out.

I can get them one on one but as soon as they surround me or I get stuck between a rock and my horse I get got.

Very frustrating especially when it takes 5 minutes to load after death.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Dual » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:32 pm

Not a good day for the bloody baron. First i kicked his arse at Gwent and then told him his missus has gone nuts in the local swamp.

:simper:

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Dual » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:56 am

Dual wrote:Not a good day for the bloody baron. First i kicked his arse at Gwent and then told him his missus has gone nuts in the local swamp.

:simper:


Well his day just got a lot worse :(

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Rudolphin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm pretty sure the reason I haven't finished this yet is because I can't stand the idea of a world with no new Witcher content :(

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by zXe » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:I'm pretty sure the reason I haven't finished this yet is because I can't stand the idea of a world with no new Witcher content :(

CDProjectRed already said they'll likely do another Witcher game. Probably not for a very long time though.

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Advent7 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:02 pm

Bought the goty edition in the steam sale, currently about an hour and a half in.

Looks bloody lovely on pc, cranked to ultra across the board. Silky smooth with gsync too. Geralt is a little clunky to control in normal movement circumstances but it's satisfying in combat. The only quests I've done are finding out who burned down a smithing place and clearing a well of a ghost.

Good stuff so far.

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Ad7 wrote:Bought the goty edition in the steam sale, currently about an hour and a half in.

Looks bloody lovely on pc, cranked to ultra across the board. Silky smooth with gsync too. Geralt is a little clunky to control in normal movement circumstances but it's satisfying in combat. The only quests I've done are finding out who burned down a smithing place and clearing a well of a ghost.

Good stuff so far.


There's a setting you can adjust which makes the controls more responsive - I didn't mind the default as much as some but definitely think it's worth adjusting to see how you fare.

Easily my favourite game of the last few years, I envy anyone getting to go into this for the first time!

ImageImage
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Advent7 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:13 pm

I found that, ive got it set to alternative and its more direct.

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Advent7 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:30 am

I really like this.

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Trelliz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 am

I played through the first game earlier this year and have W2 to get through first, i'll probably start that soon as W3 with all the expansions seems like a major endeavour.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by CuriousOyster » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:23 am

You have all reminded me I have this on my (dusty) XB1. Time to boot it back up I think, was rather enjoying it. Would like to see the expansions some days as well...

User avatar
Ho-Ho-Ho-tek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Ho-Ho-Ho-tek » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:09 am

CuriousOyster wrote:You have all reminded me I have this on my (dusty) XB1. Time to boot it back up I think, was rather enjoying it. Would like to see the expansions some days as well...

You just missed out on the season pass which was 75% off last week.

I'm waiting for the X1X upgrade to drop before I play the NG+

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by CuriousOyster » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:21 am

Photek wrote:
CuriousOyster wrote:You have all reminded me I have this on my (dusty) XB1. Time to boot it back up I think, was rather enjoying it. Would like to see the expansions some days as well...

You just missed out on the season pass which was 75% off last week.

I'm waiting for the X1X upgrade to drop before I play the NG+


Thankfully got the GOTY edition, insane value. X1X upgrade for this would be worth it alone. Want for X1X increasing.....

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Trelliz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:15 pm

Trelliz wrote:I played through the first game earlier this year and have W2 to get through first, i'll probably start that soon as W3 with all the expansions seems like a major endeavour.


So soon in fact I started W2 this evening; a marked visual improvement and i'm probably going to blitz through on easy to get it done wth as little fusd as possible to get to 3. I preferred the combat system from the first game, as weird as it was the different stances were a neat mechanic.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Advent7 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:34 pm

I started 2 after hearing great things about it and hated it. I dropped it really quickly whereas I love this.

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Advent7 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:01 pm

The Griffin he ded

User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by floydfreak » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:26 pm

Advent7 wrote:The Griffin he ded


Image

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
by Advent7 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:00 pm

It's so pretty :datass:
Image
Image
Image

Last edited by Advent7 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, chanticleer, Google [Bot], Hans Bubby, HaruKazuhira, Ho-Ho-Ho-tek, Jazzem, Krik Kringle, OldSoulCyborg, Osito, The Cuttcracker Suite, Xeno, Yubel and 62 guests