The Wrestling Thread III

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: N.Ireland
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by tomvek » Sat May 26, 2018 3:44 pm


With the complete blandness of recent WWE shows, this is going to be a massive breath of fresh air. Only 2 weeks to go :toot:

Image Image
User avatar
Minty14
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Minty14 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:56 pm

tomvek wrote:
With the complete blandness of recent WWE shows, this is going to be a massive breath of fresh air. Only 2 weeks to go :toot:

The way the card is looking, this could be a shoe-in for show of the year. It's so nice being able to get up on a Saturday morning and watch a wrestling event live too.

User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Kanbei » Tue May 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Haven't watched in a few weeks, when did Nia Jax turn from an anti-bullying babyface into a destroyer of jobbers?

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Tue May 29, 2018 9:55 pm

Who was that random person on the stretcher on RAW during the Owens/Angle backstage segment? When Rollins got attacked and the stretcher came out I thought they may have filmed something out of sync.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Wed May 30, 2018 1:54 pm

KK wrote:Who was that random person on the stretcher on RAW during the Owens/Angle backstage segment? When Rollins got attacked and the stretcher came out I thought they may have filmed something out of sync.

Apparently this was actually a real injured person.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:32 pm

They really are phoning it in until Money in the Bank. Barely anything of interest happened on RAW last night, aside from some matches. Big Show returned, but they treated it as absolutely nothing, instead he announced the participants in the USA Special Olympic Games.

BTW, if you haven't seen it yet the Andre documentary from HBO is on Sky Atlantic this Sunday night from 10:10pm.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:34 am

Wow the jury sided with Punk in the trial with the former wwe doctor.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:54 am

Disappointing that the Royal Albert Hall shows won't be airing Live on the Network (they've stuck them on a 1 week delay).

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:09 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:Wow the jury sided with Punk in the trial with the former wwe doctor.

Glad it's over because I was strawberry floating sick of hearing about it.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Zellery » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Dr Amann's legal team lost the case when they concluded that a dollar a download should be worthy compensation, taking the total amount to $3.9m. :lol:

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Floex » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:56 am

Oh snap, Naito/Jericho and Okada/Omega in a few hours time

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Floex » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:03 am

Jericho killing it right now

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:55 am

Zellery wrote:Dr Amann's legal team lost the case when they concluded that a dollar a download should be worthy compensation, taking the total amount to $3.9m. :lol:


Too be honest that sounds quite low by american suing standards.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Floex » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Everyone go watch Okada/Omega, instant classic

User avatar
Dangerblade
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Dangerblade » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Floex wrote:Everyone go watch Okada/Omega, instant classic

Was hoping to avoid spoilers but sadly didn't. Will still watch it later though, people are calling it the best out of their 4 matches, which is absolutely insane

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Floex » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Dangerblade wrote:
Floex wrote:Everyone go watch Okada/Omega, instant classic

Was hoping to avoid spoilers but sadly didn't. Will still watch it later though, people are calling it the best out of their 4 matches, which is absolutely insane


The match must have gone on for an hour +, it felt like it was on for 15 minutes.

Shame you got it spoiled but don’t let that spoil your enjoyment. And watch Jericho/Naito too!

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Will be watching the whole thing tomorrow :wub:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Dangerblade
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Dangerblade » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Floex wrote:
Dangerblade wrote:
Floex wrote:Everyone go watch Okada/Omega, instant classic

Was hoping to avoid spoilers but sadly didn't. Will still watch it later though, people are calling it the best out of their 4 matches, which is absolutely insane


The match must have gone on for an hour +, it felt like it was on for 15 minutes.

Shame you got it spoiled but don’t let that spoil your enjoyment. And watch Jericho/Naito too!

Yeah I finally said strawberry float it and signed up to NJPW World. About to watch Ospreay/Takahashi :wub:

User avatar
Minty14
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Minty14 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:58 pm

I think their other matches may be technically slightly better from a pure in-ring perspective, that was probably the greatest 70 minutes-ish of pro-wrestling ever. Incredible.

I'm going to Tokyo for the G1 Finals and I could not be more hyped for it right now.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:15 pm

I still think Naito should've won at Wrestle Kingdom, but then again if he did we probably wouldn't have this awesome feud with Jericho.

EDIT: Six out of eight of the New Japan championships are held by foreigners now which is pretty surprising.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bunni, Gemini73, Parksey, Photek, wensleydale and 59 guests