The Wrestling Thread III

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
BAKA
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III: WWE SummerSlam - 10pm, WWE Network
by BAKA » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:49 am

In retrospect it was shrewd, Strowman was there to fluff the crowd into thinking they were getting something better than they were. There's no reason Strowman still couldn't have cashed in, he's gotten up from worse than a few chair shots (he was essentially fresh given the length of his match with KO), and throwing the brief case up the ramp is no excuse. It was calculated in the short term to get a better reaction from the crowd, but in the long term it'll sour people of the product.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III: WWE SummerSlam - 10pm, WWE Network
by Mafro » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Been away on holiday so I've missed a lot. Haven't watched it yet but takeover sounded good. Bored of the Chimp v Gargano thing now. Great to see Matt Riddle signed finally. Not arsed about watching Summerslam at all. Charlotte as champion again zzzzzzzzzzz. Roman zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The entire main roster ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Next New Japan Destruction shows have some great matches lined up :datass:


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III: WWE SummerSlam - 10pm, WWE Network
by KK » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:25 pm

Luke Gallows has announced on Twitter he’s dating Nia Jax.

Image
User avatar
Minty14
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III: WWE SummerSlam - 10pm, WWE Network
by Minty14 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Mafro wrote:Been away on holiday so I've missed a lot. Haven't watched it yet but takeover sounded good. Bored of the Chimp v Gargano thing now. Great to see Matt Riddle signed finally. Not arsed about watching Summerslam at all. Charlotte as champion again zzzzzzzzzzz. Roman zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The entire main roster ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Next New Japan Destruction shows have some great matches lined up :datass:


Ma boi Taichi on his way to having all the belts :datass:

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Watching Summerslam, Becky's heel turn really backfired on wwe. They clearly expected her to get booed then. The crowd eruption when she attacked Charlotte after the match :lol:

They have to make sure they capitalise on this and turn her into an ass kicking hardass, that becomes a face and not a standard heel which is watch they are probably aiming for given the face she was pulling as she walked off.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Slimgrady
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Cork

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III: WWE SummerSlam - 10pm, WWE Network
by Slimgrady » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:16 pm

KK wrote:Good to see the wrestling business still learning from Beyond the Mat.

You should see this weeks being the elite(episode 116), the opening few minutes made me genuinely laugh out loud. :lol:

ImageImage
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:25 pm

The “Randy shook my hand” sign on SmackDown last night. :slol:

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III: WWE SummerSlam - 10pm, WWE Network
by Mafro » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:50 am

Slimgrady wrote:
KK wrote:Good to see the wrestling business still learning from Beyond the Mat.

You should see this weeks being the elite(episode 116), the opening few minutes made me genuinely laugh out loud. :lol:

The bit with Scurll and Okada in the hallway :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Slimgrady
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Cork

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III: WWE SummerSlam - 10pm, WWE Network
by Slimgrady » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Mafro wrote:
Slimgrady wrote:
KK wrote:Good to see the wrestling business still learning from Beyond the Mat.

You should see this weeks being the elite(episode 116), the opening few minutes made me genuinely laugh out loud. :lol:

The bit with Scurll and Okada in the hallway :lol:

Scurll is strawberry floated though!.....Imagine if they pulled a swerve at All In! :o

ImageImage
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Image

:dread:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Floex » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:48 pm

The All In card is abit of an odd one. Who really wants to see Cody/Aldis headlining? Nobody.

User avatar
Dangerblade
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Dangerblade » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Floex wrote:The All In card is abit of an odd one. Who really wants to see Cody/Aldis headlining? Nobody.

I'd be surprised if it was the main event, but to be fair the story with the Rhodes name and NWA legacy is a decent one so I don't mind too much, even if the match itself probably won't be that great.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Mafro wrote:Image

:dread:

Roided out of his mind. Turning into Scott Steiner circa 1998.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:21 pm



Straight to New Japan and Ring of Honor, no doubt. Would be nice if he's at All In.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:51 pm




Wow :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Floex » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:38 pm

:lol: :lol:

User avatar
Johnny Ryall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig
Location: Box Elder, MO

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Johnny Ryall » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:43 pm

Fair play to striker. Idiot should have just gone in.

User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Dig Dug » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:59 pm

I'm astounded Vampiro didn't gooseberry fool himself doing that.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:44 pm

I watched the first hour or so of Triplemania this afternoon (it streamed for free on Twitch and the archive is available) and Vampiro and Striker's commentary was all over the place. You could randomly hear Vampiro moaning at the production folk in the background while striker awkwardly tries to talk over him.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:01 pm



Looks like an absolute shambles :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Bunni, DubuDeccer, Gemini73, Qikz, satriales, Senor_Coconut, Snowcannon, Ste, The Watching Artist, Tineash and 66 guests