The Wrestling Thread III

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
SerialCeler
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Booripides
Location: Stuck in the Tron machine

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by SerialCeler » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Crazy to get a tattoo like that when your job is an actor, and will have to spend hours in make up getting it covered up.

Image

Latest GRecommends:

Nintendo Network ID: SerialCeler (Switch: 5559-9603-3982) | Xbox Live: Serial Celer
User avatar
Minty14
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Minty14 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:54 pm

I have 2 tickets to the Ring of Honor/NJPW/RevPro show in Liverpool next Saturday, but can't make it so selling them for £50 (paid £60). If anyone is interested, PM me.

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Fade » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:01 pm

SerialCeler wrote:Crazy to get a tattoo like that when your job is an actor, and will have to spend hours in make up getting it covered up.

Or they just put a skin coloured/green screen sleeve on him and cgi it

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:16 pm

Fade wrote:
SerialCeler wrote:Crazy to get a tattoo like that when your job is an actor, and will have to spend hours in make up getting it covered up.

Or they just put a skin coloured/green screen sleeve on him and cgi it


Well he already has a massive tattoo on the other arm and chest which he's had for years so I'm sure he's aware of whether it impacts him in Hollywood or not and if he's bothered by it.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Fade wrote:
SerialCeler wrote:Crazy to get a tattoo like that when your job is an actor, and will have to spend hours in make up getting it covered up.

Or they just put a skin coloured/green screen sleeve on him and cgi it


Well he already has a massive tattoo on the other arm and chest which he's had for years so I'm sure he's aware of whether it impacts him in Hollywood or not and if he's bothered by it.


I was thinking that. :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Banjo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:09 pm

The Rock makes a pretty strong case for the modern day application of Star Studies. He's the obvious successor to the Classical Hollywood idea of a movie star, dialling it back after the rise in method acting from the 50's onwards. The guy oozes charisma and can act, but his persona and star image is built around that of The Rock, and not his ability to transform into other identities. So I doubt the tattoo would change much, as it's just an evolution of what his fame and career is built on.

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Floex » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Ric Flair had to be checked into hospital, one report saying it was routine while more recent updates seemingly a lot worse.

Oh man, not the Nature Boy :(

User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Skippy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Certainly sounds bad



It's heart related too, which is never great when wrestlers are involved. It's never great anyway but you know what I mean

User avatar
Marvin
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Marvin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Hoping he pulls through whatever this is. The wrestling world wouldn't be the same without Ric.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Hope he doesn't style and profile his way into the next life :dread:

Image Image
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by IAmTheSaladMan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Word is that his surgery was successful and that it wasn't heart related. At least one source (Mean Gene apparently) has suggested it was colon surgery.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:57 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Word is that his surgery was successful and that it wasn't heart related. At least one source (Mean Gene apparently) has suggested it was colon surgery.


Carlos Colon surgery?

Image Image
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by IAmTheSaladMan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Word is that his surgery was successful and that it wasn't heart related. At least one source (Mean Gene apparently) has suggested it was colon surgery.


Carlos Colon surgery?


Well he did once beat Flair for the NWA title in 1983. Maybe they still have beef.

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:15 pm

I wonder if WWE are going to pull the trigger on Ambrose turning on Rollins at SummerSlam or if they've going to wait.

Image
User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Kanbei » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 pm

KK wrote:I wonder if WWE are going to pull the trigger on Ambrose turning on Rollins at SummerSlam or if they've going to wait.


Tag team title run will come first I imagine

User avatar
Slimgrady
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Cork

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Slimgrady » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:56 pm

Kanbei wrote:
KK wrote:I wonder if WWE are going to pull the trigger on Ambrose turning on Rollins at SummerSlam or if they've going to wait.


Tag team title run will come first I imagine

I was thinking they'd keep the "fist bump" moment after the long build for summer slam, which would have worked much better after they won the titles, so an Anbrose turn seems more possible now.

ImageImage
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:51 am

Corbin cashing in and losing :D

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:21 am

John Cena is no longer booked for SmackDown Live either, last night was his final appearance. He's listed for RAW from now on. So Corbin could win at SummerSlam to get his revenge on Cena, but he's not writing him out.

But seriously though, Corbin's been shat on by Cena all week long, got into a Twitter spat with Dave Meltzer that made him look like a goof, shat on by Meltzer again on why he should never be WWE champion, launched a T-Shirt range that makes it look like he's supporting the KKK, has a physique that by WWE standards is poor, and bores the crowd to tears.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:58 am

This ref :lol:

Image

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:03 am

The Charles Robinson school of referees.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andretmzt, Frank, Garth, Lagamorph, lex-man, Lime, Mafro, Miguel007, Monkey Man, Parksey, Peter Crisp, Rax, Somebody Else's Problem, Tsunade and 59 guests