The Wrestling Thread III: R.I.P. Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart 1955 - 2018

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by KK » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:13 pm

Somehow RAW this week managed to turn off viewers in almost unprecedented numbers. The show started at 3,332,000 and by the end it was 2,557,000.

Wrestling Observer wrote:One of the weirdest Raw ratings patterns ever took place last night, but overall the show did an average of 2.94 million viewers, up nine percent from last week due to the PPV bump, indicating a lot of curiosity coming off the TLC show.

However, the hour-to-hour drop was among the largest in history.

Raw finished third for the night on cable. The Washington Redskins vs. Philadelphia Eagles game did 11.28 million viewers, and the other show that beat Raw was the SportsCenter episode after the game.

Dancing with the Stars on ABC with Nikki Bella did 9.15 million viewers.

On average, 23 percent of those watching the first hour weren't watching the third hour. In reality, the turnoff number would be much higher because the start of the show was likely well above the first hour average, and the end was likely lower than the third hour average. Even in the male 18-49 demo the drop from hour one to hour three was 19 percent.

The invasion garnering a massive amount of interest on YouTube though (2.1 million)

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by Saint of Killers » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:28 am

Slightly nsfw: https://twitter.com/muratagenzou/status ... 0657852417 (covered up boob/partially undressed model and legend.)

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by captain red dog » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:21 am

I also liked the invasion but it could have done with a couple of the bigger SD stars involved. Like AJ Styles should be the most loyal to Smackdown from the way he talks but it was like he had joined Raw!

User avatar
Cuban Pete
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by Cuban Pete » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Thought it weird how AJ went into Ambrose considering they’d just won a match together; and then hung around to get dropped by Kane too.

User avatar
Pedro
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leeds

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by Pedro » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:15 am

I hate the survivor series thing. Couple of years ago we saw Bailey for Raw sticking the boot in on someone and it just kills all disbelief. Babyface Shane being the leader if it makes it no better.

For Smackdown it just seemed to kill all heat for the Zayn/Owens stuff that could be so good. These guys are in it for themselves but they're gonna jump through hoops to fight for the Blue brand? Doesn't make sense. Hell even if there was a kayfabe reason like SS was a massive payday as it's cross brand would at least give it some reasoning.

User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by CuriousOyster » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:13 am

They do have a reason though, both are being hugely egotistical and want it to be all about 'Team Sami and Owens' i.e want to do it for themselves rather than help Shane.

Anyway, wrestling is and always will be stupid. Best to not read into it too much.

WWE Live next Wed in Glasgow, can't see Roman or Bray being there fs.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:44 am

I see that ex-WhatCulture Adam Blampied twat has been outed as a creepy sex pest on Twitter.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Slimgrady
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Cork

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by Slimgrady » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:59 am

Mafro wrote:I see that ex-WhatCulture Adam Blampied twat has been outed as a creepy sex pest on Twitter.

Great timing, only a few days until their new channel launches. What did he do?

ImageImage
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by KK » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:05 am

GMA Network.com wrote:YouTuber Adam Blampied admits to using fame to harass women

A YouTube video blogger (vlogger) from the UK known for his videos on professional wrestling issued an apology this week after several women came forward with screenshots and accounts of him emotionally manipulating them for nude pictures.

Former WhatCulture host and writer Adam Blampied, whose claim to fame includes video critiques and speculations on WWE programming, admitted on Twitter that he "falsely claimed" to be in an open relationship with his girlfriend to convince women to send him "images of themselves."

"I didn't make threats or offer perks in exchange, but I exploited my growing public position and often my friendships with these women, all to fuel my ego," he stated.

"By manipulating them in this manner and acting completely inconsiderately of their feelings as I asked for these pictures, I have violated their trust and my girlfriend's trust," Blampied continued.

Blampied's former partner Natasha Hodgson confirmed a week before Blampied released his statement that they were not in an open relationship and that she was not aware of his actions or claims upon her person.
"For the avoidance of doubt, I am not in an open relationship with @AdamTheBlampied. So, sorry if he's told you otherwise. For all of us," she wrote.

Blampied issued the apology in response to a post made by a Twitter user detailing an incident in 2016.

"About a year ago, a drunk Adam Blampied slid into my DMs and asked me to send him nudes. I was also drunk at the time, which I made clear to him. I asked if he had a girlfriend, and he said yes," the user shared.

"I asked if his girlfriend was okay with this kind of thing, and he said she didn't know. So I told him that I didn't feel comfortable sending him nudes for that reason," she continued.

She added that the conversation continued and that Blampied steered it back to sexual matters and her breasts, which he described as "probably big AND firm" after she told him that she was 19.

The 30-year-old host continued to persuade the teenager, who admitted to being "19, drunk, sexually inexperienced" and said that she "had moral objections to sending him nudes" even though she relented.

"I don't feel good about my actions. I wish I had the self-control not to do it, but I'd never really had that kind of attention from a man before, especially not someone like Blampied. He was charming, he was the face of a YouTube channel, and I'd been a fan of him for a while," she said.

Blampied apologized to her a day later, though he would continue to send her pictures on Snapchat and ignore her responses, leading her to ask the host to stop contacting her.

"If I hadn't, I'm sure it would've turned into a cycle, making me rely on him for validation, as this is exactly what he did to other women," she said.

She learned about other women who allegedly suffered from the same emotional manipulation from Blampied, including a woman struggling with her mental health and a close friend.

"He convinced one female fan who knew had feelings for him that if he was single, he would have been dating her. He emotionally manipulated her into continuously sending him nudes, even when she was struggling with her mental health," she recounted.

"He also guilt tripped a close friend of mine for not sending him nudes on his birthday. He made threatening comments towards her and then claimed they were jokes when she was upset by them. He berated her for flirting with other people, as if that were any of his business."

She claimed a total of at least seven women were allegedly manipulated by Blampied.

The victims she knew personally were supposedly "in vulnerable positions when he did it, suffering from poor mental health and dealing with difficult personal circumstances."

"That's what scares me most. How many people has he emotionally abused using his platform as a successful YouTuber? He paints himself as someone who respects women, but he manipulates and abuses them in his personal life."

Another Twitter user came forward to share her own experience of being harassed by Blampied.

"HE ISN’T A GOOD PERSON. HE ISN’T BRAVE. Brave is the word used to define those who spoke up about what they’ve experienced. He only spoke up because he was SO close to being exposed publicly, because girls had decided to speak up and tell people about his bullshit," she wrote.

Cultaholic, Blampied's new Youtube project with other former members of WhatCulture, also released their own statement announcing the postponement of their channel launch to allow Blampied to take a short leave of absence.

"While everyone at Cultaholic certainly does not condone Adam Blampied's actions, we all recognize that in choosing to make this situation public he's taken responsibility for what he's done and fully support his decision to seek professional help," they said.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/hashtag/ ... men/story/

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:59 am

It’s a real shame as he was undoubtedly the best presenter at whatculture so I was looking forward to cultaholic. He hasn’t committed a crime but clearly his actions were wrong and immoral at least in most people’s eyes. I would assume that he could come back in the future. I don’t actually believe that people would stop watching his videos because of it but the comments sections will be full of hate and pisstaking. Whether that makes him unusable in the future is debatable.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:07 pm

Creep. Most of the WhatCulture guys come across a bit weird - this isn't altogether the most surprising thing I've ever read.

Image Image
User avatar
Slimgrady
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Cork

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by Slimgrady » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:09 pm

The silly bollocks, I was looking forward to Cultaholic, it probably won’t launch until the new year now. Undoubtedly their best presenter but there was always something off about him.

ImageImage
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:14 pm

Slimgrady wrote:The silly bollocks, I was looking forward to Cultaholic, it probably won’t launch until the new year now. Undoubtedly their best presenter but there was always something off about him.


The funny thing was I noticed often how he would criticise wwe and wrestling’s past use of its women, and also women in other media on the normal whatuclture channel and he would often make out how uneasy he felt about it. Clearly he was over compensating for it to give a false impression of himself.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by PES Fan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:15 pm

So apparently Nia walked out because she didn't want to lose to Sasha clean. Hope she stays home.

Best thing about Smackdown was Zayns entrance and dance in front of Shane.

User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by CuriousOyster » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:12 pm

If that's true I agree, stay home, what a terrible attitude when you are essentially a nobody compared to the rest of the women.

Sure she's big, scary and impressive but has zero personality or selling ability.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by KK » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:40 pm

On the one hand it's good that she's invested in her character, storylines, and you know, a big woman comparable to Big Show or somebody like that getting beat should be a big deal. One problem in the WWE, and to quote Road Dogg on Twitter, is that wins and losses don't matter. You can go from beating AJ Styles one night to getting jobbed out to Kane the next. And then a month later everyone has forgotten anyway, from viewers to the writing team.

In this company, Jax appears to have developed ideas above her station. Steve Austin can walk out and tell Vince he's not losing to Brock Lesnar on a throw-away RAW because it's stupid and should be on PPV; or a John Cena or Roman Reigns. Nia Jax (and others in that undercard spot) cannot. Then again, she is cousin of The Rock.

You can tell there's a lot of unhappiness in that locker room from a number of people though. Wade Barrett had enough, Cody Rhodes had enough, Neville's gone, Nia Jax walked out...it probably doesn't help that the undercard see all these ex-WWE guys having fun on the independants, earning more money and less travel and wondering why they can't have a piece of that action.

WWE is in a extremely privileged spot at the moment because there are just so many revenue streams these days, the fact TV ratings keep falling and now you've got buildings on TV that at their worst are 50% empty doesn't seem to matter that much.

Image
User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by CuriousOyster » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:47 pm

It's frightening to think how much they make on nothing Live events for example Glasgow always sells out or is 95% there, 10,000 x £40 (cheapest seats) so you are talking £400k in gate worst case scenario per night on these UK shows, then you've got £30 a T shirt etc. Had to see why they would change any time soon, as you say makes ratings almost meaningless.

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by IAmTheSaladMan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Why is it that everybody I follow on YouTube, Twitter etc turns out to have a skeleton in their closet? I really hope this doesn't strawberry float things up for the other guys and kill the channel before it even gets started.

Image
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by Fade » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:41 pm

So he basically just cheated on his girlfriend?

I guess the fame went to his head and he went on a bit of a power trip.

It's kind of embarrassing to see his fans defend him, especially when he is directly telling them not to and admitting fault. I forgot how sexist some people can be.

He is handling his strawberry float up exactly how he should. Making it public and seeking help.

I'm still looking forward to his new stuff, just so long as he sorts himself out.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The @GRcadeWrestling Thread III
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:54 pm

CuriousOyster wrote:It's frightening to think how much they make on nothing Live events for example Glasgow always sells out or is 95% there, 10,000 x £40 (cheapest seats) so you are talking £400k in gate worst case scenario per night on these UK shows, then you've got £30 a T shirt etc. Had to see why they would change any time soon, as you say makes ratings almost meaningless.


This is why I don't get why they haven't done a stadium event in the UK again. If it's the weather concerns then they can use the millennium stadium with its roof although the weather rarely bothers concerts and boxing in stadiums. PPV buy rates don't matter anymore due to the network so the time of the event does not impact on them. In fact a live raw and SD is surely now of more of an issue for them as it often leads to lower TV ratings and can impact on advertising incowe x, me. They can also put on an axxess event and make big bucks there too.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abcd, Benzin, Camp Freddie, Dowbocop, gamerforever, lex-man, Oblomov Boblomov, Poser, Preezy, Qikz, Rax, Squinty and 64 guests