The Wrestling Thread III

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:34 pm

Dangerblade wrote::lol:

Suzuki is legit terrifying, in the ring and out. He hits Naito in today's match with some of the loudest forearms to the face I've ever heard (even for him) :dread:

Have you seen his instagram? Loves his novelty socks and his coffee :lol: https://www.instagram.com/suzuki.d.minoru

I'm gutted Ishii doesn't seem to have an instagram but you see him a lot in Yano's stories and pics and he's exactly how you'd imagine him in real life.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
BAKA
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by BAKA » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:53 pm

Omega vs Ishii was great. Not sure if I was familiar with Ishii before or not, but the 'Stone Pitbull' moniker definitely suits him. After HIAC it was refreshing to see such a satisfying gimmick free match, and one that went over half an hour but never outstayed its welcome. Loved the moment at the end with Ibushi too.

Can't wait to check out Destruction In Beppu next.

User avatar
Dangerblade
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Dangerblade » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Mafro wrote:
Dangerblade wrote::lol:

Suzuki is legit terrifying, in the ring and out. He hits Naito in today's match with some of the loudest forearms to the face I've ever heard (even for him) :dread:

Have you seen his instagram? Loves his novelty socks and his coffee :lol: https://www.instagram.com/suzuki.d.minoru

I'm gutted Ishii doesn't seem to have an instagram but you see him a lot in Yano's stories and pics and he's exactly how you'd imagine him in real life.

Yeah he's pretty fascinating :lol:

BAKA wrote:Omega vs Ishii was great. Not sure if I was familiar with Ishii before or not, but the 'Stone Pitbull' moniker definitely suits him. After HIAC it was refreshing to see such a satisfying gimmick free match, and one that went over half an hour but never outstayed its welcome. Loved the moment at the end with Ibushi too.

Can't wait to check out Destruction In Beppu next.


Have you seen Omega vs. Ishii from this year's G1 yet? Because it was much, much better than their match from the weekend (which was also great)

BAKA
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by BAKA » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:11 pm

Dangerblade wrote:Have you seen Omega vs. Ishii from this year's G1 yet? Because it was much, much better than their match from the weekend (which was also great)


I haven't yet, but I will get around to it eventually. There are a crazy amount of G1 shows. I watched the first and the special from the Cow Palace. :lol:

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:26 am

WWE sure looks like gooseberry fool going to Saudi Arabia again this year when the Saudi’s have been attacking one of WWE’s most popular markets in Canada, and also called out the WWE the last time for daring to show a trailer for their next PPV that featured women in it.

Brock Lesnar getting a $100,000+ payday out of it though. God, he has the easiest gig in the world that bloke.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:40 am

Isn’t it happening relatively close to the women’s “sorry you can’t come to Saudi Arabia” apology PPV too?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:30 pm

Same week. Evolution on the Sunday, SA on Friday. Very cynical.

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Why do we have to endure the Bella twin(s) on RAW and SmackDown.

Image
User avatar
The Captain
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by The Captain » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 am

I find it confusing that in the last few years they've been presenting WWE as more of a legit sport kind of thing when we're the furthest from kayfabe we've ever been. I find it hard to get into matches these days since it's, you know, not a legitimate contest. When I found out it was a work in the 90s, I kept watching because of the story, and, again, in these kayfabe-less days of Lucha Underground and Broken Matt Hardy (best thing to happen in wrestling in years by the way), I find it weird they're pushing "sport" over story.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:42 pm



:lol: :lol: :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
The Captain
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by The Captain » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:26 am

He sounds like he's on the AE Podcast or OSW. :p

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:17 pm

Saudi Sports Authority:


“What is the World Cup that no one talks about this“

Hogan for Crown Jewel?

Image
BAKA
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by BAKA » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:50 pm

Caught up with Destruction In Beppu this weekend, and gave Kobe a watch just now. Beppu was a bit slow to start, but I loved Naito / Suzuki in the main event. I'm convinced one of the Japanese announce team is Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii. Loved Bushi / Kushida (?) and Tanahashi / Okada. I think the significance of the betrayal was lost on me a little (no idea who beardy guy was). Did one of the guys running in pull a Titus, but cut himself open? It was hard to tell from the camera angles. I don't know what it is, but I just can't like Juice Robinson.

Does anyone know what time Fighting Spirit Unleashed is on Sunday? It lists 5pm on the site, but I've no idea if that's Japan time or US, or if it converts to UK. It literally doesn't say. I assume as it's taking place in the US it'll be a similar time to WWE PPVs.

What time will that Super Show-Down thing be for us too, out of interest?

Someone work everything out so I don't have to, please! :lol:

User avatar
Dangerblade
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Dangerblade » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:00 pm

BAKA wrote:I think the significance of the betrayal was lost on me a little (no idea who beardy guy was). Did one of the guys running in pull a Titus, but cut himself open? It was hard to tell from the camera angles.

The former is Gedo, Okada's former manager (and legit NJPW booker).

The latter is YOSHI-HASHI, and yes he did legit bust himself open on the run-in and had to go to hospital :lol: The poor guy can't really catch a break.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:20 pm

BAKA wrote:Caught up with Destruction In Beppu this weekend, and gave Kobe a watch just now. Beppu was a bit slow to start, but I loved Naito / Suzuki in the main event. I'm convinced one of the Japanese announce team is Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii. Loved Bushi / Kushida (?) and Tanahashi / Okada. I think the significance of the betrayal was lost on me a little (no idea who beardy guy was). Did one of the guys running in pull a Titus, but cut himself open? It was hard to tell from the camera angles. I don't know what it is, but I just can't like Juice Robinson.

Does anyone know what time Fighting Spirit Unleashed is on Sunday? It lists 5pm on the site, but I've no idea if that's Japan time or US, or if it converts to UK. It literally doesn't say. I assume as it's taking place in the US it'll be a similar time to WWE PPVs.

What time will that Super Show-Down thing be for us too, out of interest?

Someone work everything out so I don't have to, please! :lol:

Fighting Spirit Unleashed is in the US, so it'll be around 1am I think.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:52 am



That knocked her out apparently. Wish the Bellas would go away.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:12 am

Every match the Bellas have been in since returning they've botched something. Brie almost begrudgingly cheered because of Daniel Bryan.

Talking of the women, Bayley and Sasha's re-ignited feud a couple of months ago sure went somewhere, huh.

They brought up Ember Moon from NXT and have done nothing with her since either.

Back on the men's side, Bobby Roode has presumably fallen back into the midcard. I've been watching the RAW extended edit and he hasn't featured on the show in about 3 months.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by Mafro » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 am

Image

Knocked out and Brie just dragging her around :fp:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:51 pm

There feels like such a disconnect when the wrestlers come out all chummy on stage with Stephanie and HHH for their charity segment when seconds earlier they hated each other (Braun standing with The Shield for example). Almost like everyone breaking character mid movie.

More generally, Stephanie and Triple H always flipping between good and bad at the drop of a hat is just bizarre as well.

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by KK » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:23 pm

When on earth did Carmella turn face.

That start to SmackDown. :fp:

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gemini73, Parksey, Photek, wensleydale and 60 guests