The Xbox 360 Marketplace Thread

Our best bits.
User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by GrinWithoutaKat » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:53 am

I don't know how I missed this, but MS are putting out a Banjo Kazooie/Tooie bundle today, and the US price is $14.99. Been waiting for either of these to get discounted for ages, and it looks like the bundle price is pretty much what the individual games had been going for. Maybe it's an introductory offer.

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Monkey Man » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:59 am

Todays games -

Halo 4 Games on Demand 50%
ArcaniA Games on Demand 75%
WWE 2K14 Games on Demand 50%
Dragon Age II Games on Demand 75%
Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate Arcade 50%

http://majornelson.com/2014/07/08/xbox- ... -2-update/

ImageImage
User avatar
Harry Bizzle
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Harry Bizzle » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:02 pm

I've got some money in my account but I'm not sure if I should hold out for Forza Horizon or go for Halo 4.

Those are the last two 360 exclusives I haven't played and Halo 4 looks a bit crap, to be frank. Just want to play something on my 360 again.

instagram: @habiz
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Trelliz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:18 pm

[iup=3503330]Harry Bizzle[/iup] wrote:I've got some money in my account but I'm not sure if I should hold out for Forza Horizon or go for Halo 4.

Those are the last two 360 exclusives I haven't played and Halo 4 looks a bit crap, to be frank. Just want to play something on my 360 again.


You could get a disc version of Halo 4 for half the price from CEX or somewhere like that - i'd hold out for Horizon personally.

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Harry Bizzle
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Harry Bizzle » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:20 pm

I just typed Halo 4 gameplay into YouTube, skipped a few minutes into the video and Cortana looks at chief like his Waifu and tells him "don't make a girl promises you can't keep."


:vom:


Horizon it is.

instagram: @habiz
User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by GrinWithoutaKat » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:30 pm

[iup=3503161]GrinWithoutaKat[/iup] wrote:I don't know how I missed this, but MS are putting out a Banjo Kazooie/Tooie bundle today, and the US price is $14.99. Been waiting for either of these to get discounted for ages, and it looks like the bundle price is pretty much what the individual games had been going for. Maybe it's an introductory offer.



Okay, so not as good as the US where it's pretty much two games for price of one, but the Banjo Bundle is up.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Produ ... 025841145d

£12 for both instead of £10 each.

Image
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Super Dragon 64 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:24 pm

[iup=3503161]GrinWithoutaKat[/iup] wrote:I don't know how I missed this, but MS are putting out a Banjo Kazooie/Tooie bundle today, and the US price is $14.99. Been waiting for either of these to get discounted for ages, and it looks like the bundle price is pretty much what the individual games had been going for. Maybe it's an introductory offer.

I hope that the individual games are discounted because I'd like to get Tooie. I should then get around to actually playing them both :oops:

Image
User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by GrinWithoutaKat » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:07 pm

[iup=3503455]Dark Dragon 64[/iup] wrote:I hope that the individual games are discounted because I'd like to get Tooie. I should then get around to actually playing them both :oops:


I'm going to wait and see if they get discounted in this week's sales.

Image
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Buffalo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Bizzle, Horizon was discounted about 3/4 weeks ago down to about a tenner. Whether this means it'll be in the sale again, I'm not sure.

Image
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Lotus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:34 pm

Just bought GoW 3, Fallout New Vegas and Dishonored, all about £4 each. Bargain.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Harry Bizzle
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Harry Bizzle » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:02 pm

[iup=3503481]Buffalo[/iup] wrote:Bizzle, Horizon was discounted about 3/4 weeks ago down to about a tenner. Whether this means it'll be in the sale again, I'm not sure.


Payed the demo and I'm quite impressed. I'm going to hold out for it.

Might be a bit melodramatic but I think 343 have wrecked Halo. Not spending £15 on that.



I've got £27.88 on my account which is apparently going to expire in July 2015 though so I'm definitely going to pick up some stuff in the sale.

instagram: @habiz
User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:07 am

The Red Faction price is pretty cheap, but the box version is easily found for around that price or cheaper pretty much anywhere. And new too.

User avatar
Harry Bizzle
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Harry Bizzle » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Bastion is £2.49 today. Ninja Gaiden II and Crysis 3 are both like 4 quid.


Decided to just get Super Time Force instead, which seems really cool so far.

Got about £15 left so might hold out for Forza Horizon and if not, maybe Peggle 2.

instagram: @habiz
User avatar
tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: N.Ireland
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by tomvek » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:37 am

Thanks Harry, might go for Crysis 3.

How long is the sale running for?

Image Image
User avatar
Harry Ola
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Harry Ola » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:37 am

Deals for today are mixed:

Peggle £1.68
Left 4 dead 2 £3.74
Madden 25 £20.99
South Park Stick of Truth £37.49 :slol:

Image
User avatar
Harry Bizzle
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Harry Bizzle » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:18 am

Those are crap. The fact that Peggle is on sale instead of Peggle 2 highlights how out of touch MS can be. I was playing that in class in Uni maybe 5 years ago. :|

instagram: @habiz
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by HSH28 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:48 am

[iup=3505589]Harry Bizzle[/iup] wrote:Those are crap. The fact that Peggle is on sale instead of Peggle 2 highlights how out of touch MS can be. I was playing that in class in Uni maybe 5 years ago. :|


Its a 360 sale and the 360 version of Peggle 2 has only been out a couple of months.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Buffalo » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:50 am

I hope this sale goes on for a while yet. Tomvek I think Crysis 3 was a 1 day only deal, I'm afraid.

Image
User avatar
Harry Bizzle
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by Harry Bizzle » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:17 am

[iup=3505607]HSH28[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3505589]Harry Bizzle[/iup] wrote:Those are crap. The fact that Peggle is on sale instead of Peggle 2 highlights how out of touch MS can be. I was playing that in class in Uni maybe 5 years ago. :|


Its a 360 sale and the 360 version of Peggle 2 has only been out a couple of months.


It's like the PS3 doesn't exist in your world or something.

I'd take a 25% discount on Peggle 2.

instagram: @habiz
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Games Store Thread - Ultimate Games Sale p701
by HSH28 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:21 am

[iup=3505615]Harry Bizzle[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3505607]HSH28[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3505589]Harry Bizzle[/iup] wrote:Those are crap. The fact that Peggle is on sale instead of Peggle 2 highlights how out of touch MS can be. I was playing that in class in Uni maybe 5 years ago. :|


Its a 360 sale and the 360 version of Peggle 2 has only been out a couple of months.


It's like the PS3 doesn't exist in your world or something.


Huh?

We are talking about an Xbox 360 sale in the Xbox 360 Games Store thread, specifically about a game that isn't even available on PS3.

What the hell are you talking about?


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests