Theme Park Chat and Stuff

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostTheme Park Chat and Stuff
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Couldn't find a theme park thread so am making one.

Looks like the hype train is starting to roll for the new coaster at Alton Towers, proper excited to go up next year and try it out :D


User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:55 pm

I love a theme park however my wife isnt too keen so I don't get to go places as often as I like.

Went to legoland twice this year with my 8 yr old son. Did Alton towers last year. Haven't been to Thorpe Park for years.

Hoping to get back to disneyland Paris in the next few years. Waiting for all the refurbs and upgrades to be finished first though.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Benzin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Blackpool's will be better...

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Frank » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:10 pm

I still haven’t forgiven Blackpool for getting rid of the turtles.

Didn’t realise that they’d actually totally moved the Space Invader 2 coaster so the building’s just empty, too.

Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Death's Head » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:01 am

I don't like theme parks anymore. They are ridiculously over priced and in return for paying a premium, most of the time is spent queing. It is also utter BS that you need to pay just to go in. When you take your kids but you don't want to go on the rides, you pay more for adult entry but get practically zero in return.

Yes?
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:39 am

Death's Head wrote:I don't like theme parks anymore. They are ridiculously over priced and in return for paying a premium, most of the time is spent queing. It is also utter BS that you need to pay just to go in. When you take your kids but you don't want to go on the rides, you pay more for adult entry but get practically zero in return.


I do agree with this. Park tickets are horrendous now. We collect the sun tickets for legoland every year and go on a weekday and just take my son out of school. The park is very quiet. Been on a few weekends and there’s just no point. You manage about 4 rides it’s awful.

I also make sure I collect the 2 for 1 vouchers that are available earlier in the year just in case we go later on somewhere.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Pell
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The scarlet fields of Can'-Ka No Rey
Contact:

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Pell » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 am

Can't wait for SW8 at Alton Towers. I'm a big fan of wooden coasters - El Toro at Six Flags NJ is one of my favourites. If the Wicker Man theme comes to pass I might lose my mind.

The wife and I love theme parks - our honeymoon in 2010 was in Florida - but it's been about three years since I've been to Alton Towers as Thorpe Park is closer to us now.

Been waiting for the new SW to go back, so reckon we'll book one of those forest cabins for next year and spend a couple of days there.

User avatar
IAmTheSantaMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by IAmTheSantaMan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:38 pm

Frank wrote:I still haven’t forgiven Blackpool for getting rid of the turtles.

Didn’t realise that they’d actually totally moved the Space Invader 2 coaster so the building’s just empty, too.


I’m pretty sure it’s a pizza restaurant now, along with an outdoor stage for the Nickelodeon mascots.

Image
User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:42 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Death's Head wrote:I don't like theme parks anymore. They are ridiculously over priced and in return for paying a premium, most of the time is spent queing. It is also utter BS that you need to pay just to go in. When you take your kids but you don't want to go on the rides, you pay more for adult entry but get practically zero in return.


I do agree with this. Park tickets are horrendous now. We collect the sun tickets for legoland every year and go on a weekday and just take my son out of school. The park is very quiet. Been on a few weekends and there’s just no point. You manage about 4 rides it’s awful.

I also make sure I collect the 2 for 1 vouchers that are available earlier in the year just in case we go later on somewhere.


We get Merlin oasses each year and will be fine for the little one when she is big enough, they work out great value if you go along and as you get free parking and discount in food etc it takes the edge of that too.

Ended up doing 13 trips in all this year to the parks. Queues aren't so bad if you are smart about how you do rides, we pretty much get everything in at least one every time we go so works out well you just have to watch what the queues are doing and know where best to go which is hard I guess if you don't go allot and get a feel for how people generally act in a park.

User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Pell wrote:Can't wait for SW8 at Alton Towers. I'm a big fan of wooden coasters - El Toro at Six Flags NJ is one of my favourites. If the Wicker Man theme comes to pass I might lose my mind.

The wife and I love theme parks - our honeymoon in 2010 was in Florida - but it's been about three years since I've been to Alton Towers as Thorpe Park is closer to us now.

Been waiting for the new SW to go back, so reckon we'll book one of those forest cabins for next year and spend a couple of days there.


Yeah it's gonna be epic, going to go up for 2 days next year with some friends, I would recommend a town called Leek just north of the park it has a premier Inn we have used but there are some really nice pubs (the Belgian place is outstanding).

User avatar
IAmTheSantaMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by IAmTheSantaMan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:50 pm

I’m kinda getting bored of UK parks now. I’ve been to just about all of them bar Chessington and there’s been nothing new for years. I suppose there’s Icon and Wicker Man on the horizon but I feel overall I need to start looking further afield for my theme park thrills. I like the look of Flug der Dämonen at Heide Park so maybe that would be a good place to start.

Last edited by IAmTheSantaMan on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Benzin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:11 pm

Tonnes of great value European parks around, Efteling, Europa Park and Phantasialand are 3 of the best in the world, all easy to get to (apart from Europa) and excellent value with their hotels...

Efteling is especially good for kids cos fairy tales, could spend at least 2 hours in their fairytale forest of forever...

User avatar
Lastpostamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Lastpostamorph » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:19 pm

IAmTheSantaMan wrote:I’m kinda getting bored of UK parks now. I’ve been to just about all of them bar Chessington and here’s been nothing new for years. I suppose there’s Icon and Wicker Man on the horizon but I feel overall I need to start looking further afield for my theme park thrills. I like the look of Flug der Dämonen at Heide Park so maybe that would be a good place to start.

Chessington is gooseberry fool for anyone over the age of 10.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:28 pm

Lastpostamorph wrote:
IAmTheSantaMan wrote:I’m kinda getting bored of UK parks now. I’ve been to just about all of them bar Chessington and here’s been nothing new for years. I suppose there’s Icon and Wicker Man on the horizon but I feel overall I need to start looking further afield for my theme park thrills. I like the look of Flug der Dämonen at Heide Park so maybe that would be a good place to start.

Chessington is gooseberry fool for anyone over the age of 10.

The dragon is good all be it broken a lot, Vampire is fun in a simple charm kind of way it isn't as thrilling as the others but as a fun simple day out it's pretty good.

User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Harry Ellis » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:33 pm

I used to go to Thorpe Park and Alton Towers once a year without fail, didn't go this year though. Probably won't be going for a few years now.

Never go without some kind of BOGOF.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Death's Head » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Christmas CrackErrkal wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Death's Head wrote:I don't like theme parks anymore. They are ridiculously over priced and in return for paying a premium, most of the time is spent queing. It is also utter BS that you need to pay just to go in. When you take your kids but you don't want to go on the rides, you pay more for adult entry but get practically zero in return.


I do agree with this. Park tickets are horrendous now. We collect the sun tickets for legoland every year and go on a weekday and just take my son out of school. The park is very quiet. Been on a few weekends and there’s just no point. You manage about 4 rides it’s awful.

I also make sure I collect the 2 for 1 vouchers that are available earlier in the year just in case we go later on somewhere.


We get Merlin oasses each year and will be fine for the little one when she is big enough, they work out great value if you go along and as you get free parking and discount in food etc it takes the edge of that too.

Ended up doing 13 trips in all this year to the parks. Queues aren't so bad if you are smart about how you do rides, we pretty much get everything in at least one every time we go so works out well you just have to watch what the queues are doing and know where best to go which is hard I guess if you don't go allot and get a feel for how people generally act in a park.
If you have young kids, Gulliver's is pretty good. When I used to take mine it was about £10.

Yes?
User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: RE: Re: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Christmas CrackErrkal wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Death's Head wrote:I don't like theme parks anymore. They are ridiculously over priced and in return for paying a premium, most of the time is spent queing. It is also utter BS that you need to pay just to go in. When you take your kids but you don't want to go on the rides, you pay more for adult entry but get practically zero in return.


I do agree with this. Park tickets are horrendous now. We collect the sun tickets for legoland every year and go on a weekday and just take my son out of school. The park is very quiet. Been on a few weekends and there’s just no point. You manage about 4 rides it’s awful.

I also make sure I collect the 2 for 1 vouchers that are available earlier in the year just in case we go later on somewhere.


We get Merlin oasses each year and will be fine for the little one when she is big enough, they work out great value if you go along and as you get free parking and discount in food etc it takes the edge of that too.

Ended up doing 13 trips in all this year to the parks. Queues aren't so bad if you are smart about how you do rides, we pretty much get everything in at least one every time we go so works out well you just have to watch what the queues are doing and know where best to go which is hard I guess if you don't go allot and get a feel for how people generally act in a park.
If you have young kids, Gulliver's is pretty good. When I used to take mine it was about £10.


I'll have a look into it, we have been to asking bug to chessington and Legoland this year, 3 or 4 times each, wasn't expecting it to be great for her but there was loads we could do and she has had a great time each time.

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: RE: Re: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Christmas CrackErrkal wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Death's Head wrote:I don't like theme parks anymore. They are ridiculously over priced and in return for paying a premium, most of the time is spent queing. It is also utter BS that you need to pay just to go in. When you take your kids but you don't want to go on the rides, you pay more for adult entry but get practically zero in return.


I do agree with this. Park tickets are horrendous now. We collect the sun tickets for legoland every year and go on a weekday and just take my son out of school. The park is very quiet. Been on a few weekends and there’s just no point. You manage about 4 rides it’s awful.

I also make sure I collect the 2 for 1 vouchers that are available earlier in the year just in case we go later on somewhere.


We get Merlin oasses each year and will be fine for the little one when she is big enough, they work out great value if you go along and as you get free parking and discount in food etc it takes the edge of that too.

Ended up doing 13 trips in all this year to the parks. Queues aren't so bad if you are smart about how you do rides, we pretty much get everything in at least one every time we go so works out well you just have to watch what the queues are doing and know where best to go which is hard I guess if you don't go allot and get a feel for how people generally act in a park.
If you have young kids, Gulliver's is pretty good. When I used to take mine it was about £10.


Yeah Gullivers is good for younger kids.

I consider the merlin passes every year. They are worth it if you are likely to visit two or more parks in 12 months.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: RE: Re: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Death's Head wrote:
Christmas CrackErrkal wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Death's Head wrote:I don't like theme parks anymore. They are ridiculously over priced and in return for paying a premium, most of the time is spent queing. It is also utter BS that you need to pay just to go in. When you take your kids but you don't want to go on the rides, you pay more for adult entry but get practically zero in return.


I do agree with this. Park tickets are horrendous now. We collect the sun tickets for legoland every year and go on a weekday and just take my son out of school. The park is very quiet. Been on a few weekends and there’s just no point. You manage about 4 rides it’s awful.

I also make sure I collect the 2 for 1 vouchers that are available earlier in the year just in case we go later on somewhere.


We get Merlin oasses each year and will be fine for the little one when she is big enough, they work out great value if you go along and as you get free parking and discount in food etc it takes the edge of that too.

Ended up doing 13 trips in all this year to the parks. Queues aren't so bad if you are smart about how you do rides, we pretty much get everything in at least one every time we go so works out well you just have to watch what the queues are doing and know where best to go which is hard I guess if you don't go allot and get a feel for how people generally act in a park.
If you have young kids, Gulliver's is pretty good. When I used to take mine it was about £10.


Yeah Gullivers is good for younger kids.

I consider the merlin passes every year. They are worth it if you are likely to visit two or more parks in 12 months.


Not just the parks you get all sealifes the eye London dungeons etc. I think this wpyear we used them enough that we bought entries we would have paid 4 times as much.

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Theme Park Chat and Stuff
by Rudolphin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:41 pm

This is a great account to follow for theme park ridethrough vids


Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: floydfreak, Garth, Godzilla, grog monster 64, Harry Ola, JediDragon05, lex-man, rudderless, Skarjo, Skippy, Snowcannon, The Watching Artist, wensleydale, Yahoo [Bot] and 44 guests