Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Moggy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Vermilion wrote:One thing that is getting annoying now is the crappy air quality around here, some of the farms are cutting their wheat which fills the air with dust, and that added to the usual traffic fumes, salisbury plain grass fires, and stool bloke's camper van is making for a particularly toxic soup.

At least once it eventually rains the air should start to clear.


I'd worry more about the novichok than any of that. :dread:

User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by smurphy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:53 pm

banana spliting Windows 10.

Pop ups telling you to update. The update takes ages. Asks again to enable all their spyware gooseberry fool. Disable everything and check settings and somehow some of it is still enabled. Added an Edge shortcut to my desktop. Re-enabled all my disabled audio devices and changed the default. Right click menus in taskbar are now the stupid touch friendly monolithic pieces of gooseberry fool with dumbed down options. Removed control panel from the start menu.

It beggars belief how they continue to actively make it more and more gooseberry fool.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Jenuall » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:58 pm

smurphy wrote:banana spliting Windows 10.

Removed control panel from the start menu.


WIN + R, control, RETURN.

Don't think I've used the start menu for about 15 years, keyboard is king!

ImageImage
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Errkal » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Jenuall wrote:
smurphy wrote:banana spliting Windows 10.

Removed control panel from the start menu.


WIN + R, control, RETURN.

Don't think I've used the start menu for about 15 years, keyboard is king!


WIN + X > Control Panel

User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by smurphy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 pm

The windows + X menu is where they've removed it from.

And I'm not stupid, I can still get to it. It just bugs me that they keep stripping away advanced user stuff so old grannys and idiots don't get confused.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Errkal » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:07 pm

They aren't removing advanced stuff as much as building more into the settings app and universal search. Generally you can get whatever you want by just typing it with start open.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Ad7 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 pm

The hot weather making all of my unopened wraps go mouldy way ahead of their use by date. Just opened a fresh pack that should be good till next Friday and they're mouldy :x Happened last week too.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Errkal » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Ad7 wrote:The hot weather making all of my unopened wraps go mouldy way ahead of their use by date. Just opened a fresh pack that should be good till next Friday and they're mouldy :x Happened last week too.

You k ow you can freeze bread things right?

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Ad7 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Yes but i bought these only a few days ago and kept them in the fridge which usually does the trick.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Errkal » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Blimey that's bad if they were in the fridge! I'd take them back that can't be heat related if they are in a fridge.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Ad7 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:39 pm

They were only a pound or so, i cant be arsed driving back to the shop for it.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Preezy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:17 pm

Those strawberry floating Nationwide adverts, such pretentious gooseberry fool spouted by slappable faces :x

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Jenuall » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 am

Moths.

There is big strawberry float off moth in my kitchen right now, flapping about like a bitch and freaking me out. This isn't just some piddly little thing, we're talking proper Mothra territory here, I'm going to need to put a call in to Godzilla to sort this gooseberry fool out.

I strawberry floating hate moths.

ImageImage
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Green Gecko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:50 am

Sounds like a elephant moth, not quite Mothra but close.

Speaking of food going off in the heat, Tesco had managed to forget to punch holes in a packet of parsnips today, so they had fermented into cider in the bag. Not quite what we had in mind for dinner.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Squinty » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:19 am

Jenuall wrote:Moths.

There is big strawberry float off moth in my kitchen right now, flapping about like a bitch and freaking me out. This isn't just some piddly little thing, we're talking proper Mothra territory here, I'm going to need to put a call in to Godzilla to sort this gooseberry fool out.

I strawberry floating hate moths.


There was one on my bus into work this week. Was strawberry floating huge. The lady it was flapping behind lost her gooseberry fool, ran down to sit at the bottom of the bus :lol:

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Vermilion » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:34 am

Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:One thing that is getting annoying now is the crappy air quality around here, some of the farms are cutting their wheat which fills the air with dust, and that added to the usual traffic fumes, salisbury plain grass fires, and stool bloke's camper van is making for a particularly toxic soup.

At least once it eventually rains the air should start to clear.


I'd worry more about the novichok than any of that. :dread:


This morning i'm not so sure, the town has been blanketed in thick smoke.

Preezy wrote:Those strawberry floating Nationwide adverts, such pretentious gooseberry fool spouted by slappable faces :x


Oh god yes! There's a similar one done by another company too which is just as bad.

User avatar
andretmzt
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Lincolnshire

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by andretmzt » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:49 am

Vermilion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:One thing that is getting annoying now is the crappy air quality around here, some of the farms are cutting their wheat which fills the air with dust, and that added to the usual traffic fumes, salisbury plain grass fires, and stool bloke's camper van is making for a particularly toxic soup.

At least once it eventually rains the air should start to clear.


I'd worry more about the novichok than any of that. :dread:


This morning i'm not so sure, the town has been blanketed in thick smoke.


Your neighbour running his van again?

HSH28 wrote:No Last Guardian.
No new exclusive PS4 games.
No longer free MP for PS4.

Microsoft win E3.
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Vermilion » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:51 am

andretmzt wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:One thing that is getting annoying now is the crappy air quality around here, some of the farms are cutting their wheat which fills the air with dust, and that added to the usual traffic fumes, salisbury plain grass fires, and stool bloke's camper van is making for a particularly toxic soup.

At least once it eventually rains the air should start to clear.


I'd worry more about the novichok than any of that. :dread:


This morning i'm not so sure, the town has been blanketed in thick smoke.


Your neighbour running his van again?


Not this morning, i think the wind direction changed and has blown the salisbury plain grass fire smoke in this direction as over the last week or so there have been other towns similarly affected.

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Dowbocop » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:33 am

Vermilion wrote:
Preezy wrote:Those strawberry floating Nationwide adverts, such pretentious gooseberry fool spouted by slappable faces :x


Oh god yes! There's a similar one done by another company too which is just as bad.

Is that the Giffgaff one with the woman who looks like a girl's school bully circa 1996?

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Vermilion » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 am

Dowbocop wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Preezy wrote:Those strawberry floating Nationwide adverts, such pretentious gooseberry fool spouted by slappable faces :x


Oh god yes! There's a similar one done by another company too which is just as bad.

Is that the Giffgaff one with the woman who looks like a girl's school bully circa 1996?


I think it might be.


Return to “Stuff”