Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by KK » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:58 am

RichardUK wrote:I find the Beagle Street advert quite funny how his girlfriend is pushing him to get life insurance and he needs to do it right at that moment, I also like the over 50 plan adverts for how fake and ridiculous the conversions are in them

Taken at the wrong time (i.e. too early) those over 50 plans are a massive rip off. You end up paying far more than you get back out. And if you ever stop paying, you get nothing. It's a con and payments should be capped past a certain point.

Image
User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Yulehide » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Mafro wrote:This banana split.

Image


As irritating as it is, that ad is nowhere near the awfulness of this other Nationwide ad:



JUST strawberry float OFF!

Image
User avatar
Darkstalker90
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Darkstalker90 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:54 pm

How about the Harris Fowler accident claim one where that guy crashes a wheelbarrow into the kerb? There's nothing particularly annoying about the ad itself but I find it funny that they've been using the exact same ad for at least 10 years now. You can even tell by the lower quality of the footage versus newer ads lol

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Advent7 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:58 am

They guy who tries to hide the fact he's not doing any work by loudly exclaiming what he's pretending to be doing or reading :roll:

"Why won't this open?"

"I don't believe this is happening!"

"What does he MEAN?!"

With outlook taking up one monitor all while on the other one the BBC homepage is in a browser shrunk down to the very corner which he thinks nobody can see :fp:

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:01 am

Ad7 wrote:They guy who tries to hide the fact he's not doing any work by loudly exclaiming what he's pretending to be doing or reading :roll:

"Why won't this open?"

"I don't believe this is happening!"

"What does he MEAN?!"

With outlook taking up one monitor all while on the other one the BBC homepage is in a browser shrunk down to the very corner which he thinks nobody can see :fp:


That sounds like me. :lol:

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Advent7 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:08 am

Empty desktop on display and now eating sandwiches :fp:

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Green Gecko » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:01 pm

<]:^D wrote:wear shorts? :|

I'm wearing tailored chino shorts but they're probably worse for that for some reason.

It must just be the shape of my thighs.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
*<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by *<]:^D » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:20 pm


User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Notifications on my phone that it won't let me dismiss!

For some reason certain apps can display notifications which cannot be swiped away - they just bounce right back at you. Now if it's a message telling me something unbelievably important (a countdown timer for the impending end of the world for example) then maybe that would be acceptable behaviour, but most of the time I just get stuck with pointless notifications filling my list that obscure anything that is actually useful!

ImageImage
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Death's Head » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:37 pm

Jenuall wrote:Notifications on my phone that it won't let me dismiss!

For some reason certain apps can display notifications which cannot be swiped away - they just bounce right back at you. Now if it's a message telling me something unbelievably important (a countdown timer for the impending end of the world for example) then maybe that would be acceptable behaviour, but most of the time I just get stuck with pointless notifications filling my list that obscure anything that is actually useful!
Which apps? It might be better to just stop them from notifying. I know some of the Android services won't let you tell them to go away, but there are ways of stopping them notifying you in the first place

Yes?
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Hexx » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:37 pm

Cuttooth wrote:On the topic of annoying mummy strawberry floaters from adverts I present this millennial nerd from the Beagle Street insurance ads:

Image

Clearly not being capable of sorting out his own life insurance policy has led him to use his doorbell security camera to feel smug about chasing potential burglars away from his home.

Image

He's appeared in a third advert for something equally banal that I can't remember with as equally a punchable face.


What's wrong with him?

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: RE: Re: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Notifications on my phone that it won't let me dismiss!

For some reason certain apps can display notifications which cannot be swiped away - they just bounce right back at you. Now if it's a message telling me something unbelievably important (a countdown timer for the impending end of the world for example) then maybe that would be acceptable behaviour, but most of the time I just get stuck with pointless notifications filling my list that obscure anything that is actually useful!
Which apps? It might be better to just stop them from notifying. I know some of the Android services won't let you tell them to go away, but there are ways of stopping them notifying you in the first place


Yeah I've disabled anything that I don't want to hear from at all, but it's more that there are apps which don't seem to understand that there are times when you value their notification and times when you don't!

For example the Amazon Prime Music application will provide a notification telling you what you are playing and giving you controls to pause, skip etc. Now that is useful when I am playing music and want to quickly control it, but when I've stopped playing music why the strawberry float won't you let me get rid of your notification! :x

ImageImage
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by KK » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Really don't like the 'new' GMail web browser/front end. It's now much slower to start up, and regularly seems to get stuck on "loading". It's such a non change as well.

Image

Image
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:19 pm

KK wrote:Really don't like the 'new' GMail web browser/front end. It's now much slower to start up, and regularly seems to get stuck on "loading". It's such a non change as well.

Image


I think you can still go back to the old view (at least for now...)

ImageImage
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: RE: Re: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by DarkRula » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Jenuall wrote:For example the Amazon Prime Music application will provide a notification telling you what you are playing and giving you controls to pause, skip etc. Now that is useful when I am playing music and want to quickly control it, but when I've stopped playing music why the strawberry float won't you let me get rid of your notification! :x


You have to clear the currently playing list. It's a recent change that just seems pointless. If I've closed the app, it means I'm no longer wanting to listen to music, but now the app doesn't realise that. Same on a Kindle, except that's always been like it.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: RE: Re: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:27 pm

DarkRula wrote:
Jenuall wrote:For example the Amazon Prime Music application will provide a notification telling you what you are playing and giving you controls to pause, skip etc. Now that is useful when I am playing music and want to quickly control it, but when I've stopped playing music why the strawberry float won't you let me get rid of your notification! :x


You have to clear the currently playing list. It's a recent change that just seems pointless. If I've closed the app, it means I'm no longer wanting to listen to music, but now the app doesn't realise that. Same on a Kindle, except that's always been like it.


Exactly it's just bad design!

ImageImage
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Preezy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:29 am

Wasps - what is even the point of them? Put them in the bin.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Death's Head » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:34 am

Preezy wrote:Wasps - what is even the point of them? Put them in the bin.
Evil version of Bees.

Yes?
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:48 am

Preezy wrote:Wasps - what is even the point of them? Put them in the bin.


They are undeniable proof that God hates picnics.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by jawafour » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Preezy wrote:Wasps - what is even the point of them? Put them in the bin.

Oh, come on - every GRcadian should know by now that Blu-Tack is the only correct way of dealing with them :toot: .


Return to “Stuff”