Things that make you smile - the official thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by That's not a growth » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:24 am

I was messaging my friend the other day and she asked for my home address. Since she's currently on holiday with her boyfriend I assumed they got engaged but got home yesterday to find a card and photo announcing they got married. Well chuffed for them.
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Death's Head » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:35 pm

My daughter lost her phone today (OPO) telling me she must have dropped it in the car. Checked and not there. Drove to the bus stop where I dropped her off 5 hours earlier and unfucking believably, there it was, on the floor. 8-)

Got Wheeler Dealers on now, finally got to watch the episode with the TVR Cerbera. :D
Yes?
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Qikz » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:48 pm

For the past 2 weeks or so. Going home in the evening.

I've been happy since I moved at the end of last months, but since I've had my cat back I've been genuinely excited to get home. When I was staying with my Dad/Step Mum I was never all that excited to get home and when I was on my own I felt kind of lonely. Now it's perfect.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Errkal » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Qikz wrote:For the past 2 weeks or so. Going home in the evening.

I've been happy since I moved at the end of last months, but since I've had my cat back I've been genuinely excited to get home. When I was staying with my Dad/Step Mum I was never all that excited to get home and when I was on my own I felt kind of lonely. Now it's perfect.


Glad you are enjoying the new place. I've never lived on my own, I bet it is awesome.
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:44 pm

Qikz wrote:For the past 2 weeks or so. Going home in the evening.

I've been happy since I moved at the end of last months, but since I've had my cat back I've been genuinely excited to get home. When I was staying with my Dad/Step Mum I was never all that excited to get home and when I was on my own I felt kind of lonely. Now it's perfect.


There's no feeling quite like independence.
Image
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I sleep in a racing car, do you?
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Falsey wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I sleep in a racing car, do you?


Pfft, if you could, you would.
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by jawafour » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Qikz wrote:...since I've had my cat back I've been genuinely excited to get home... when I was on my own I felt kind of lonely. Now it's perfect.

After that period of hassle its great to hear that things are workin' out, dude :) .
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by jawafour » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:54 pm

After a bit of "down" time, I can feel things are looking a bit brighter. And now Neil Diamond playing "Sweet Caroline" is on the radio. It *always* makes me feel good :wub: .
User avatar
Karl
Consider The Following
Consider The Following
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Karl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:05 am

Falsey wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I sleep in a racing car, do you?


Qikz wrote:I sleep in a big bed with mai waifu.


;)
User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Bunni » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:09 am

So after my usually highly psychotic patient called me by my name last week, we had another beautiful moment tonight. Talking in the garden about how cold it is outside, she asks if I would like a cup of tea. Then holds my hand and leads me inside. We make tea and coffee, which she insists on making for all the staff too. So sweet :wub:
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Albear » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:56 am

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Rex Kramer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:06 am

The Detectorists

It's very rare that I find a TV show that I just absolutely adore. This is just the most perfect thing I've watching in ages. From the way it's shot (it just seems so warm and idyllic), to the locations, to the soundtrack, to the sheer British quirkiness of it but most of all for the characters. I love each and every one of them which is bizarre given I've only watched 8 30 minute episodes but my connection is stronger with them than some of my immediate family. I'd like to think in the future it will be looked back on with the same fondness as something like Fawlty Towers but maybe it's just not mainstream enough. And Toby Jones is utterly magnificent (though that goes without saying).



And both series are on Netflix.
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Moggy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:13 am

Rex Kramer wrote:The Detectorists

It's very rare that I find a TV show that I just absolutely adore. This is just the most perfect thing I've watching in ages. From the way it's shot (it just seems so warm and idyllic), to the locations, to the soundtrack, to the sheer British quirkiness of it but most of all for the characters. I love each and every one of them which is bizarre given I've only watched 8 30 minute episodes but my connection is stronger with them than some of my immediate family. I'd like to think in the future it will be looked back on with the same fondness as something like Fawlty Towers but maybe it's just not mainstream enough. And Toby Jones is utterly magnificent (though that goes without saying).



And both series are on Netflix.


I completely agree with you, it's a great show. The characters are oddballs but feel like real people that you actually care about. Plus without this show how else would we ever get to know the best way to celebrate getting your starter for 10 correct? Or which Blankety Blank host's chequebook and pen is the rarest?
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by jawafour » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:45 pm

I am smiling because I have blocked PPI calls from 020 3634 2540. They rang twice today and, thanks to BT's new 1572 call-blocking service, I shan't be disturbed by them any more :toot: .
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Errkal » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:25 pm

jawafour wrote:I am smiling because I have blocked PPI calls from 020 3634 2540. They rang twice today and, thanks to BT's new 1572 call-blocking service, I shan't be disturbed by them any more :toot: .


DOnt worry they will use a new number tomorrow.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by jawafour » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Errkal wrote:DOnt worry they will use a new number tomorrow.

Errkal, this is meant to be a "happy" thread. There are tons of Switch threads for people to be grumpy and miserable in ;) .
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by jawafour » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Oh boy!

We did it!

Over one year of this thread being ALIVE :toot: . Some folk thought it wouldn't happen... but, just sometimes, good things can work out!

Let's celebrate with one of the greatest "smiley" songs of the 80s :toot: .

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by Rex Kramer » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:51 pm

When your MOT bill comes out as much less than you were expecting!! The tricky bit now is not spunking the money saved on something completely pointless.
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that make you smile - the official thread
by KingK » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:53 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:When your MOT bill comes out as much less than you were expecting!! The tricky bit now is not spunking the money saved on something completely pointless.

I had my MOT today and passed.

Real reason for posting in this thread was I saw Rex was the last post and I assumed (wrongly) he was posting about Lord Bendtner moving on from our team! That's freed up some wages for us so I'm happy on that front
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, bigcheez2k3, Heskimo, Memento Mori, Oblomov Boblomov, Poser, Wrathy and 51 guests