USTV Chat - The Good Place returns & Big Brother/Salvation/The Sinner finales

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: USTV Chat - iZombie, Gotham, Last Man, Modern Family & Blindspot etc renewed & Timeless etc cancelled
by Memento Mori » Thu May 11, 2017 9:26 am

Two more seasons of Modern Family? :dread: Let it die already.

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USTV Chat - American Gods & Blacklist renewed & Making History, Son of Zorn & APB cancelled
by Monkey Man » Thu May 11, 2017 8:54 pm


ImageImage
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USTV Chat - Designated Survivor & Agents of Shield etc renewed & American Crime etc cancelled
by Monkey Man » Fri May 12, 2017 1:19 am


ImageImage
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USTV Chat - Brooklyn 99, Fresh Off The Boat & Speechless renewed & Blacklist: Redemption cancelled
by Monkey Man » Fri May 12, 2017 10:03 pm


ImageImage
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USTV Chat - Brooklyn 99, Fresh Off The Boat & Speechless renewed & Blacklist: Redemption cancelled
by Monkey Man » Sat May 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Timeless saved from cancellation - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... al-1003568

ImageImage
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USTV Chat - Finales of NCIS:LA & Once Upon A time tonight
by Monkey Man » Sun May 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Image
The Keepers, Season One, Friday 19th May. All episodes that day on Netflix UK.

This docuseries examines the decades-old murder of Sister Catherine Cesnik and its suspected link to a priest accused of abuse.

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80122179



No reviews on metacritic.

Image
Mommy Dead and Dearest, Monday in the US.

Child abuse, mental illness and forbidden love converge in this true crime mystery of a mother and daughter who were thought to be living a fairy tale life.

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/mommy-dead-and-dearest



No reviews yet on metacritic.

Image
The Wizard of Lies, Saturday in the US.

In 2008, stockbroker, investment advisor and financier Bernie Madoff made headlines around the world when he was arrested for perpetrating perhaps the largest financial fraud in U.S. history.

http://www.hbo.com/movies/the-wizard-of-lies



2 reviews of 80% & 60% on metacritic - http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-wizard-of-lies

Returning Shows this week

Tracy Morgan Stand-Up Special 16th May (New) - Stand Up Show that day on Netflix UK
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 19th May (New) - all episodes that day on Netflix UK
12 Monkeys 19th May (New)

Finales this week (UK Days)

Monday - Season finales of NCIS: LA, Chicago Justice & Once Upon A Time.
Tuesday - Season finales of Quantico, Scorpion & Man with a Plan.
Wednesday - Season finales of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Bull, NCIS, NCIS:NO, Fresh Off The Boat, Chicago Fire & The Middle.
Thursday - Series finale of Designated Survivor, Modern Family, Blindspot, Speechless, The Goldbergs, Chicago P.D. & Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.
Friday - Season finales of The Blacklist, Big Brother Canada, Scandal, Supernatural & Grey's Anatomy.
Sunday - Season finale of Training Day.

ImageImage
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USTV Chat - Finales of NCIS:LA & Once Upon A time tonight. Elementary renewed
by Monkey Man » Sun May 14, 2017 1:18 pm


ImageImage
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: USTV Chat - Mommy Dead and Dearest debuts & finales of Quantico/Scorpion tonight
by Memento Mori » Mon May 15, 2017 9:58 pm

I've belatedly seen this:



:datass:

User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USTV Chat - Finales of Designated Survivor, Modern Family, Blindspot, Speechless etc
by satriales » Thu May 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Survivor:

Bit of a weird episode this week. 3 Minutes in and they're already doing an immunity challenge. I figured either something crazy was going to happen or they're squeezing two episode into one, unfortunately it was the latter. The first tribal had so little strategy beforehand that I had no idea what to expect and it was pretty fairly straight forward. Second one was just crazy and I loved it!

It looks like Sarah might be getting the winner's edit, and I'd be okay with that, she has made big moves and played a decent game. Cirie's plan was awesome but seeing it completely backfire on her was even better :slol:

I can't believe Tai didn't play one of his idols! That means next week he will be playing one, and Sarah will also be immune, plus maybe Troyzan plays his, and then if Brad or one of the other wins immunity it's going to be a complete shambles.

Edit: Actually the preview made it look like Tai gives an idol to Brad, so if Aubrey or Cirie wins immunity then the other could be the only person not immune :dread: :fp:

User avatar
Irene Demova
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

PostRe: USTV Chat - Finales of The Blacklist, Big Brother Canada, Scandal, Supernatural & Grey's Anatomy
by Irene Demova » Fri May 19, 2017 7:55 am

http://www.avclub.com/article/supernatural-doing-scooby-doo-crossover-255620
Supernatural will be doing a fully animated Scooby-Doo episode next season


It's over. There is no way anything else in tv will ever top this

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: USTV Chat - The Keepers debuts & Kimmy Schmidt returns on Netflix
by Ironhide » Fri May 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Does anyone know how the hell to download stuff off megalinks when they do this with the password?


Mods feel free to remove the link as soon as someone explains

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: USTV Chat - The Keepers debuts & Kimmy Schmidt returns on Netflix
by Drumstick » Fri May 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Password would appear to be megalinks

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: USTV Chat - The Keepers debuts & Kimmy Schmidt returns on Netflix
by Memento Mori » Fri May 19, 2017 7:59 pm

It is but to be fair the link isn't working even when it gets past that screen. It's stuck in a requesting folder data > decrypting folder data loop.

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: USTV Chat - Finales of The Blacklist, Big Brother Canada, Scandal, Supernatural & Grey's Anatomy
by chalkitdown » Fri May 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Irene Demova wrote:http://www.avclub.com/article/supernatural-doing-scooby-doo-crossover-255620
Supernatural will be doing a fully animated Scooby-Doo episode next season


It's over. There is no way anything else in tv will ever top this


I haven't watched Supernatural in years but I will definitely have to check this out.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: USTV Chat - The Keepers debuts & Kimmy Schmidt returns on Netflix
by Memento Mori » Fri May 19, 2017 8:21 pm

chalkitdown wrote:
Irene Demova wrote:http://www.avclub.com/article/supernatural-doing-scooby-doo-crossover-255620
Supernatural will be doing a fully animated Scooby-Doo episode next season


It's over. There is no way anything else in tv will ever top this


I haven't watched Supernatural in years but I will definitely have to check this out.




Sam actually looks spot-on.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: USTV Chat - The Keepers debuts & Kimmy Schmidt returns on Netflix
by Ironhide » Fri May 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Memento Mori wrote:It is but to be fair the link isn't working even when it gets past that screen. It's stuck in a requesting folder data > decrypting folder data loop.


I don't know why but almost every episode of Arrow is an absolute nightmare to download no matter where I attempt to acquire it from.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: USTV Chat - Finales of Designated Survivor, Modern Family, Blindspot, Speechless etc
by Drumstick » Sat May 20, 2017 8:59 am

satriales wrote:Survivor:

Bit of a weird episode this week. 3 Minutes in and they're already doing an immunity challenge. I figured either something crazy was going to happen or they're squeezing two episode into one, unfortunately it was the latter. The first tribal had so little strategy beforehand that I had no idea what to expect and it was pretty fairly straight forward. Second one was just crazy and I loved it!

It looks like Sarah might be getting the winner's edit, and I'd be okay with that, she has made big moves and played a decent game. Cirie's plan was awesome but seeing it completely backfire on her was even better :slol:

I can't believe Tai didn't play one of his idols! That means next week he will be playing one, and Sarah will also be immune, plus maybe Troyzan plays his, and then if Brad or one of the other wins immunity it's going to be a complete shambles.

Edit: Actually the preview made it look like Tai gives an idol to Brad, so if Aubrey or Cirie wins immunity then the other could be the only person not immune :dread: :fp:

I think I'm a bit lower on this season than you.

Whilst there were things to like about this week's episode, there was more to dislike. I didn't like the fact that Andrea was voted out. She's a really good player and to see her get clipped in the 6-8 spot again is frustrating. I generally disapprove of double boot episodes in general because you lose a lot of context unless it's two dullards getting the boot like Will and Sunday from last season, but even then you're missing out on a lot of strategy talk.

Second episode was better, only really down to the Tai-Cirie-Sarah conundrum and Cirie's blunder with the advantage. I think only Cirie and can actually win the game and I think Cirie will be going out pretty early in the finale leaving the rest of it pretty hollow for me. I think Sarah has played a good game but in a way she's been allowed to, nobody really seems to be picking up on a lot of things she's doing. Andrea picked up on her expression at the previous TC when Sierra was voted off but other than that she's coasted by.

S34 is likely going to be in the bottom half of seasons for me but I'm looking forward to the F6 TC to see what happens with all the advantages and idols.

PS: How, HOW does Tai not play an idol at F7 Tribal? Never known anyone like it. He did it during S32 as well. Ice water for blood.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USTV Chat - Finales of Designated Survivor, Modern Family, Blindspot, Speechless etc
by satriales » Sat May 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Drumstick wrote:
satriales wrote:Survivor:

Bit of a weird episode this week. 3 Minutes in and they're already doing an immunity challenge. I figured either something crazy was going to happen or they're squeezing two episode into one, unfortunately it was the latter. The first tribal had so little strategy beforehand that I had no idea what to expect and it was pretty fairly straight forward. Second one was just crazy and I loved it!

It looks like Sarah might be getting the winner's edit, and I'd be okay with that, she has made big moves and played a decent game. Cirie's plan was awesome but seeing it completely backfire on her was even better :slol:

I can't believe Tai didn't play one of his idols! That means next week he will be playing one, and Sarah will also be immune, plus maybe Troyzan plays his, and then if Brad or one of the other wins immunity it's going to be a complete shambles.

Edit: Actually the preview made it look like Tai gives an idol to Brad, so if Aubrey or Cirie wins immunity then the other could be the only person not immune :dread: :fp:

I think I'm a bit lower on this season than you.

Whilst there were things to like about this week's episode, there was more to dislike. I didn't like the fact that Andrea was voted out. She's a really good player and to see her get clipped in the 6-8 spot again is frustrating. I generally disapprove of double boot episodes in general because you lose a lot of context unless it's two dullards getting the boot like Will and Sunday from last season, but even then you're missing out on a lot of strategy talk.

Second episode was better, only really down to the Tai-Cirie-Sarah conundrum and Cirie's blunder with the advantage. I think only Cirie and can actually win the game and I think Cirie will be going out pretty early in the finale leaving the rest of it pretty hollow for me. I think Sarah has played a good game but in a way she's been allowed to, nobody really seems to be picking up on a lot of things she's doing. Andrea picked up on her expression at the previous TC when Sierra was voted off but other than that she's coasted by.

S34 is likely going to be in the bottom half of seasons for me but I'm looking forward to the F6 TC to see what happens with all the advantages and idols.

PS: How, HOW does Tai not play an idol at F7 Tribal? Never known anyone like it. He did it during S32 as well. Ice water for blood.


For me it's been a very average season, which is disappointing considering the players and potential, however I still enjoy watching it week by week.
Tai is crazy. When he didn't play his idol I was sure he was gone, but I've thought that a few times this season. I never really liked Cirie in the past but this time around she's been very good at making subtle moves. Definitely deserves to win, but I agree she's probably going to be one of the next ones out purely because she doesn't have an idol. Tai and Sarah will make the final three, and maybe Brad although he hasn't been very prominent in the edit.


Edit: Also I started watching the New Zealand version of Survivor and it has some promise. It feels a lot like the first few seasons of the US Survivor where you actually saw them building camp and trying to find food. There are two episodes a week but without giving too much away they only vote someone out every other episode, which is a bit strange.

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USTV Chat - The Keepers debuts & Kimmy Schmidt returns on Netflix
by Monkey Man » Sat May 20, 2017 9:11 pm


ImageImage
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USTV Chat - Twin Peaks returns & finales of Into The Badlands, Elementary etc tonight
by Monkey Man » Sun May 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Image

No new shows this week. Next new show is I'm Dying Up Here on 4th June.

Returning Shows this week

Twin Peaks 21st May (New)
Family Guy 21st May
Making History 21st May
The Simpsons 21st May
Casual 23rd May (New)

Finales this week (UK Days)

Monday - Season finales of Into The Badlands, Madam Secretary, Elementary, Making History, The Simpsons.
Tuesday - Season finales of Supergirl & Jane The Virgin.
Wednesday - Season finales of The Flash, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Great News.
Thursday - Season finales of Arrow, The 100, Survivor & Empire.

Last edited by Monkey Man on Sun May 21, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, abcd, Bing [Bot], Cuttooth, Denster, Errkal, Finish.Last, lex-man, NotGreaterorEqual, OrangeRakoon, Photek, Rax, Reavus, satriales, Skippy, thumbgoals, Yahoo [Bot] and 58 guests