The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Vermilion » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm

There was a lady who lived on my street when i was a kid who would regularly hoover her real grass lawn.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Drumstick » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:34 pm

Ad7 wrote:
Drumstick wrote:My lawn is artificial and therefore doesn't require mowing. 8-)


:dread:

I bet you have a gas 'barbecue' too you monster :capnscotty:

I do. Can't stand the smoke billowing around and making everything stink.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Drumstick » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Drumstick wrote:My lawn is artificial and therefore doesn't require mowing. 8-)

With the bitumen in the roads melting in the heat, how has your fake garden not turned into a green puddle?


I was thinking this, also don't you have to hoover artificial grass or something? Seems like a lot of work for something that's not even the real thing!

I have no idea what you are talking about. No, my garden hasn't melted, neither do I need to hoover it. The only thing I do to is water it to stop it smelling after a while from the dog's wee.

The reason we got it in the first place is because the dog's wee was killing the grass.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Jenuall » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Drumstick wrote:My lawn is artificial and therefore doesn't require mowing. 8-)

With the bitumen in the roads melting in the heat, how has your fake garden not turned into a green puddle?


I was thinking this, also don't you have to hoover artificial grass or something? Seems like a lot of work for something that's not even the real thing!

I have no idea what you are talking about. No, my garden hasn't melted, neither do I need to hoover it. The only thing I do to is water it to stop it smelling after a while from the dog's wee.

The reason we got it in the first place is because the dog's wee was killing the grass.


Fair enough, the few people I know who have artificial grass say the advice is that you need to hoover or otherwise clean it fairly regularly.

ImageImage
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Alvin Flummux » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:33 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Drumstick wrote:My lawn is artificial and therefore doesn't require mowing. 8-)

With the bitumen in the roads melting in the heat, how has your fake garden not turned into a green puddle?


I was thinking this, also don't you have to hoover artificial grass or something? Seems like a lot of work for something that's not even the real thing!

I have no idea what you are talking about. No, my garden hasn't melted, neither do I need to hoover it. The only thing I do to is water it to stop it smelling after a while from the dog's wee.

The reason we got it in the first place is because the dog's wee was killing the grass.


Fair enough, the few people I know who have artificial grass say the advice is that you need to hoover or otherwise clean it fairly regularly.


Rug Doctor?

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Qikz » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Tube is so unbearably hot today god damn.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Hime » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Ad7 wrote:
Drumstick wrote:My lawn is artificial and therefore doesn't require mowing. 8-)


:dread:

I bet you have a gas 'barbecue' too you monster :capnscotty:

I thought we'd sorted this :fp:

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by KK » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Qikz wrote:Tube is so unbearably hot today god damn.

And the new trains now have air conditioning as well...which to be honest doesn’t seem to make a hell of a lot of difference.

It’s not the heat or the sunshine, it’s the humidity. It’s been off the rails.

I have been contemplating buying a Dyson humidifier.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Qikz » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:58 pm

KK wrote:
Qikz wrote:Tube is so unbearably hot today god damn.

And the new trains now have air conditioning as well...which to be honest doesn’t seem to make a hell of a lot of difference.

It’s not the heat or the sunshine, it’s the humidity. It’s been off the rails.

I have been contemplating buying a Dyson humidifier.


This was the northern line. No air conditioning there. It helps on the met/district/circle and Hammersmith lines honestly.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:23 pm

KK wrote:
Qikz wrote:Tube is so unbearably hot today god damn.

And the new trains now have air conditioning as well...which to be honest doesn’t seem to make a hell of a lot of difference.

It’s not the heat or the sunshine, it’s the humidity. It’s been off the rails.

I have been contemplating buying a Dyson humidifier.


Surely you want a dehumidifier, not a humidifier?

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by KK » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:48 pm

It doubles up as a fan.

An actual air conditioning unit would be nice but seems a bit ridiculous when for 11 months of the year it would never get used.

I have the Dyson Hot+Cool which also pulls double duty and is good in winter, but in terms of a fan it’s no better than a £15 job for cooling you down.

I don’t know how the tower model (as posted earlier) compares though.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Moggy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Vermilion wrote:There was a lady who lived on my street when i was a kid who would regularly hoover her real grass lawn.


How did everyone miss this? :lol:

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Vermilion » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:There was a lady who lived on my street when i was a kid who would regularly hoover her real grass lawn.


How did everyone miss this? :lol:


Not too long ago, i had a wander past that house, and she's still there, didn't look any older either which was slightly creepy.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Moggy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:There was a lady who lived on my street when i was a kid who would regularly hoover her real grass lawn.


How did everyone miss this? :lol:


Not too long ago, i had a wander past that house, and she's still there, didn't look any older either which was slightly creepy.


Maybe she’s hoovering up the elixir of life?

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Robbo-92 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:08 pm

Been a glorious weekend, however I've spent it melting at Silverstone which starts off of alright but after being sat in direct sunlight for a good 8 hours today I was kind of glad to be shot of it.

Image

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Vermilion » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:41 am

Robbo-92 wrote:but after being sat in direct sunlight for a good 8 hours today I was kind of glad to be shot of it.


I could not have done that, for me it has to be a shady spot or not at all.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Robbo-92 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:54 am

Vermilion wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:but after being sat in direct sunlight for a good 8 hours today I was kind of glad to be shot of it.


I could not have done that, for me it has to be a shady spot or not at all.


Being sat just before Abbey for the start of the F1 was pretty special though!

Image

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Lagamorph » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:58 am

It finally seems to have cooled down a little today.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by Vermilion » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:11 am

Robbo-92 wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:but after being sat in direct sunlight for a good 8 hours today I was kind of glad to be shot of it.


I could not have done that, for me it has to be a shady spot or not at all.


Being sat just before Abbey for the start of the F1 was pretty special though!


I must admit, i am a little jealous, but in that level of heat i don't think i would have been able to properly enjoy it.

User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2018 | The Struggle is Real
by still » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Lagamorph wrote:It finally seems to have cooled down a little today.


Started off really muggy today but now, finally, after weeks, it seems to cooled down and be much fresher. Still not exactly cold but much more pleasant to work in. I guess it's only a temporary reprieve though.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Crimson, Denster, Garth, Gemini73, Return_of_the_STAR, RichardUK, Somebody Else's Problem, zXe and 62 guests