What coffee/tea you drinking currently?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by smurphy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:02 am

Fatal Exception » Thu May 29, 2014 8:53 am wrote:
smurphy » Thu May 29, 2014 1:15 am wrote:Can you buy pre-ground coffee for an espresso machine? Is there a name for it, or something to differentiate it from cafetiere coffee?


Yeah you can. Just look for Illy or another good brand of coffee at the supermarket.


They had some Illy stuff on offer in Tesco, it's pretty good. The machine is at work, so there's no way I'm buying a grinder and stuff to leave there. And it's for cappuccinos anyway. I'll look into that stuff when I get a decent machine for myself, for black coffee.
Found London
Member
Joined in 2014

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by Found London » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Amazing coffee bean deli in Old Compton Street - been there for 30 years...worth checking out.
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by abcd » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Found London » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:46 pm wrote:Amazing coffee bean deli in Old Compton Street - been there for 30 years...worth checking out.



This place?

https://www.algcoffee.co.uk/
Image
Found London
Member
Joined in 2014

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by Found London » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:27 pm

That's the one...amazing coffee.

We will be offering amazing coffee in our October opening gaming centre a stone's throw from Leicester Square (PC and console with bar in a cool environment)... :P
User avatar
jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by jamcc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Anyone had a Chai Latte from Costa?

Just got a large one and, my strawberry floating word, is it painfully sweet. Totally ruined. I had a look at the website and a large has 80g of sugar in it. :dread: :dread: :dread:
User avatar
Stugene
Member ♥
Joined in 2011
AKA: Handsome Man Stugene
Location: handsomemantown
Contact:

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by Stugene » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Been making some coffee with my new Hario V60. Got a bunch of the kit, the pour over kettle and the range server, and my god it's one of the nicest cups of coffee I've had in years.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hario-V60-Clear ... =v60+hario
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hario-Small-Sta ... =v60+hario
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hario-Range-Ser ... =v60+hario
Image
Taint
User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by Bunni » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Pan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:03 pm wrote:Ordered and then cancelled the day it was delivered. Nice coffee but I couldn't justify spending £7 on a bag every two weeks. I just don't drink it that often.


You can adjust your settings to deliver once a month, and put the account on hold too. Not sure how good they are with just straight up orderings as you need mind.
User avatar
tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: N.Ireland
Contact:

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by tomvek » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Currently on Twining Peppermint. Used to hate the stuff but their version is really nice.
Image Image
User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by SandyCoin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:24 am

Thought I'd bring this topic back from the dead.

I got an Aeropress for Christmas and am really liking it so far. Took me a few goes before I got to the stage of really liking it. I'm still probably doing it wrong but ho-hum. I'm doing the inverted technique as it makes the most sense. I tried getting the water to about 75 degrees but found it got cold way too quickly so I put it in slight hotter. It's very noticeable how much better it is than a standard French Press. Really smooth and intense flavours.

I'm drinking a very nice coffee ground though. I was in Amsterdam and went to a really nice breakfast spot on my last day. It was empty so I had a chat with the girl behind the counter and she gave me a bag of an experimental mix they are working on for Aeropress for FREE! Dutch people :wub: :D (apart from Dblock)

I still use my Bialetti for espresso though as it makes the best one for me.
-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by Tomous » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:37 am

Honestly, I think the Dutch are the nicest people in the world.

Is the aeropress significantly different to a normal cafetiere that you use ground coffee with? I have a coffee machine that does the work for me (you just add the water and coffee and press a button)-I just looked up an aeropress and there seems to be a lot of pieces...
User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by SandyCoin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:46 am

[iup=3647370]Tiny Timous[/iup] wrote:Honestly, I think the Dutch are the nicest people in the world.

Is the aeropress significantly different to a normal cafetiere that you use ground coffee with? I have a coffee machine that does the work for me (you just add the water and coffee and press a button)-I just looked up an aeropress and there seems to be a lot of pieces...


Do you mean as in a French Press? It just tastes a lot better imo. Same amount of grinds and water, but the system makes you get all the coffee taste you can due to the pressure I assume.

It's not too many bits really. They all stay together and you just slot the different chambers together. It's the same amount of bits as a Bialetti actually.
-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
Doug
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by Doug » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:46 am

[iup=3460212]Pedro-ho-ho[/iup] wrote:
KKLEIN » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:16 pm wrote:Tried http://www.pactcoffee.com for the first time (£1 with the code: EMPIRE). Coffee tastes great. In fact it tastes excellent. Can't fault the delivery speed either as it arrived the next day. The regular £7 asking price for 250g however works out very expensive when compared to the supermarket premium (454g at Sainsbury's for £6).


Cheers for this, just ordered my trial bag.

Compared to other brewers that deliver to the door the price isn't too expensive, especially with free shipping. I'm currently buying Square Mile coffee from a local shop and that's £9/£10 a bag (350g) and my local indie shops roast is £7 for 250g - but obviously you have to go collect it from the city centre.



Pact Coffee is great, they used to use James Gourmet Coffee to roast the beans who also do mail order coffee. As Denster has said Square Mile are another really good company, their Sweetshop espresso is great.
User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by Fatal Exception » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:38 pm

I had a load of lavazza crema e gusto to use up. Not sure where it came from but I had a sealed package in the cupboard. It makes a strawberry floating banging espresso in my new machine :D Can't wait to finish it so I can grind some beans fresh to see the difference.
The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by <]:^D » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:17 pm

[iup=3647373]SandyCoin[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3647370]Tiny Timous[/iup] wrote:Honestly, I think the Dutch are the nicest people in the world.

Is the aeropress significantly different to a normal cafetiere that you use ground coffee with? I have a coffee machine that does the work for me (you just add the water and coffee and press a button)-I just looked up an aeropress and there seems to be a lot of pieces...


Do you mean as in a French Press? It just tastes a lot better imo. Same amount of grinds and water, but the system makes you get all the coffee taste you can due to the pressure I assume.

It's not too many bits really. They all stay together and you just slot the different chambers together. It's the same amount of bits as a Bialetti actually.


:dread: :P

i think it's only called a french press in the US
User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by Fatal Exception » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:06 pm

It's only a French press to Americans or people who can't spell cafetiere.
The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by SandyCoin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:12 pm

I say that because my Italian family say Cafetiere for the typical Italian stove top one (Moka, Bialetti etc.)
-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by Fatal Exception » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:28 pm

That's a moka pot.
The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by SandyCoin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:02 pm

It's also called what I said too
-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
Stugene
Member ♥
Joined in 2011
AKA: Handsome Man Stugene
Location: handsomemantown
Contact:

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by Stugene » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:31 pm

If you're getting bits of coffee in your mug using a cafetiere, do the following:

    Use a course grind
    Heat your water to 90 degrees (Boil it and let it sit for a minute)
    Put coffee in cafetiere
    Add enough water to cover the coffee
    Stir it and let it sit for about 30 seconds
    Add the rest of the water and stir again
    Let it sit for about 3 minutes
    Using a spoon, scoop off the top layer of coffee grinds and chuck em.
    Put on the press, and press down slowly.
    Let the coffee sit for a minute before pouring to allow all the sediment to go to the bottom.
    If you want the coffee ultra smooth, pass it through a coffee filter.

Tada! Coffee.

With the aeropress, wetting the paper insert first can make the coffee a bit smoother. Also, use water about 80 degrees.
Image
Taint
User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: What coffee/tea you drinking currently?
by Dblock » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:43 pm

[iup=3647363]SandyCoin[/iup] wrote:Thought I'd bring this topic back from the dead.

I got an Aeropress for Christmas and am really liking it so far. Took me a few goes before I got to the stage of really liking it. I'm still probably doing it wrong but ho-hum. I'm doing the inverted technique as it makes the most sense. I tried getting the water to about 75 degrees but found it got cold way too quickly so I put it in slight hotter. It's very noticeable how much better it is than a standard French Press. Really smooth and intense flavours.

I'm drinking a very nice coffee ground though. I was in Amsterdam and went to a really nice breakfast spot on my last day. It was empty so I had a chat with the girl behind the counter and she gave me a bag of an experimental mix they are working on for Aeropress for FREE! Dutch people :wub: :D (apart from Dblock)

I still use my Bialetti for espresso though as it makes the best one for me.



I never had an argument with you . These salty gingers are all over me for no reason.
''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andretmzt, Google [Bot], wensleydale, Yahoo [Bot] and 32 guests