The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Jazzem » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:So Cemu is a work of art.

Super Mario Maker on my PC. :wub:

I'm in heaven. Or I would be if the online functionality worked. Hope they find a way around it so you can access uploaded levels in the game rather than having to hack the save games to play levels made on the Cemu version.

Mario Kart 8 also runs ridiculously well (At least after it's compiled all the shaders for a course).

Still playing around with it to get BOTW and a few other games to work but damn this is impressive stuff.


This encouraged me to try it again! Been trying out Bayonetta 2 which looks amazing in 4k, plus you can overclock emulated CPU in CEMU options so it runs better than on Wii U

Only thing though...CEMU's unstable as hell for me, it crashes all the time, with or without the CPU overclock D: Has it done the same for you at all?

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Jazzem wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:So Cemu is a work of art.

Super Mario Maker on my PC. :wub:

I'm in heaven. Or I would be if the online functionality worked. Hope they find a way around it so you can access uploaded levels in the game rather than having to hack the save games to play levels made on the Cemu version.

Mario Kart 8 also runs ridiculously well (At least after it's compiled all the shaders for a course).

Still playing around with it to get BOTW and a few other games to work but damn this is impressive stuff.


This encouraged me to try it again! Been trying out Bayonetta 2 which looks amazing in 4k, plus you can overclock emulated CPU in CEMU options so it runs better than on Wii U

Only thing though...CEMU's unstable as hell for me, it crashes all the time, with or without the CPU overclock D: Has it done the same for you at all?

I've only had one or two times where Cemu's locked up so far.

I've not tweaked any settings or anything yet though so it's mostly running on the defaults. It's ridiculously impressive.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Today I have been playing Wii Rock Band, on a PC, with a Guitar Hero guitar and a 360 Drum set.

Emulation is magical. :wub:

Picked up a couple of accessories that have made things much more authentic as well.

Got a Mayflash Sensor Bar for Dolphin. Wiimotes sync directly with it as well so I've been playing Wii Sports in HD.

Also got an N64 pad adapter too so I've been getting used to that as well.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Trelliz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:Today I have been playing Wii Rock Band, on a PC, with a Guitar Hero guitar and a 360 Drum set.

Emulation is magical. :wub:

Picked up a couple of accessories that have made things much more authentic as well.

Got a Mayflash Sensor Bar for Dolphin. Wiimotes sync directly with it as well so I've been playing Wii Sports in HD.

Also got an N64 pad adapter too so I've been getting used to that as well.


I played DJ hero on dolphin using a real 360 turntable, but then i just rebought a 360 and the games for real. Still pretty rad though.

Tragic Magic wrote:It's so pink when he bangs it on teh floor. Pi mm p boy pink.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Kriken
Member
Joined in 2015
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Kriken » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Jazzem wrote:This encouraged me to try it again! Been trying out Bayonetta 2 which looks amazing in 4k, plus you can overclock emulated CPU in CEMU options so it runs better than on Wii U

Only thing though...CEMU's unstable as hell for me, it crashes all the time, with or without the CPU overclock D: Has it done the same for you at all?

Apparently crashing in Bayonetta 2 isn't uncommon. The game isn't super playable yet. Was having a few issues with it myself when I tried it a few versions back.

However with anything else I've tried - mainly BotW - it's been without much of a hitch. Not one crash - well, not one I haven't effectively forced by switching between CEMU or another program or something.


I haven't been following CEMU too closely lately or using it at all, but apparently Tokyo Mirage Sessions went from being completely unplayable to running almost perfectly recently.

And in other news the Switch emulators have been making a lot of progress. Apparently Sonic Mania became fully playable a week or so ago, at double the speed on Ryujinx. Games like Odyssey and Splatoon 2 are booting up too but the emulators don't have 3D renderers yet.

User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Jazzem » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:02 pm

KrikenKing wrote:
Jazzem wrote:This encouraged me to try it again! Been trying out Bayonetta 2 which looks amazing in 4k, plus you can overclock emulated CPU in CEMU options so it runs better than on Wii U

Only thing though...CEMU's unstable as hell for me, it crashes all the time, with or without the CPU overclock D: Has it done the same for you at all?

Apparently crashing in Bayonetta 2 isn't uncommon. The game isn't super playable yet. Was having a few issues with it myself when I tried it a few versions back.

However with anything else I've tried - mainly BotW - it's been without much of a hitch. Not one crash - well, not one I haven't effectively forced by switching between CEMU or another program or something.


I haven't been following CEMU too closely lately or using it at all, but apparently Tokyo Mirage Sessions went from being completely unplayable to running almost perfectly recently.

And in other news the Switch emulators have been making a lot of progress. Apparently Sonic Mania became fully playable a week or so ago, at double the speed on Ryujinx. Games like Odyssey and Splatoon 2 are booting up too but the emulators don't have 3D renderers yet.


Ah cheers for heads up, aye that would add up. Need to get round to ripping more games, thing is I haven't homebrewed Wii U properly so I have to use the web browser exploit...which has like a 1/4 success rate of not crashing :simper:

That's bonkers on the Switch emulator!

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Ironhide » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Want to try RPCS3 to play Everybody's Golf World Tour (I own a copy but have no means of ripping it to PC) but I have no idea where to acquire said game iso.

If someone could point me in the right direction via PM I would be extremely grateful.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Earfolds, Hime, HSH28, ITSMILNER, Monkey Man, OldSoulCyborg, Pedz, Red 5 stella, souljahsstory, wensleydale and 49 guests