The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Yulehide » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:53 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Doesn't that paradise for emulation that has been alluded to over in the last game you finished thread previously have that kind of thing?


They don't have any PS3 stuff unfortunately.

Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Trelliz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:16 am


Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by IAmTheSaladMan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:11 am

That Gaming Historian video part way through the article is worth a watch too. Virtual Game Station for Mac sounds like a clever piece of programming that Sony couldn't really stop.

Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Dowbocop » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:03 pm

Dolphin question - is there a way to get games on Dolphin without piracy, buying a Toshiba drive, executing a command line program thing, or modding a console? How do you guys do it?

User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Saigon Slick » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:59 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:That Gaming Historian video part way through the article is worth a watch too. Virtual Game Station for Mac sounds like a clever piece of programming that Sony couldn't really stop.


I wish I'd twigged onto the Gaming Historian idea earlier - it just seems like copying now. His videos are pretty good though.

Image Image
User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Yulehide » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Dowbocop wrote:Dolphin question - is there a way to get games on Dolphin without piracy, buying a Toshiba drive, executing a command line program thing, or modding a console? How do you guys do it?


All of those methods are technically illegal as they circumvent copy protection in some way or another, the only legal way of playing GC games is by using Gamecube discs on an actual Gamecube console and even then Nintendo don't receive any money as they no longer make them.

Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Dowbocop » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:18 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:Dolphin question - is there a way to get games on Dolphin without piracy, buying a Toshiba drive, executing a command line program thing, or modding a console? How do you guys do it?


All of those methods are technically illegal as they circumvent copy protection in some way or another, the only legal way of playing GC games is by using Gamecube discs on an actual Gamecube console and even then Nintendo don't receive any money as they no longer make them.

I suppose, yeah. I just thought I'd be able to download Dolphin and put my legit GC discs in the drive rather than going through all the rigmarole of ripping them, which is a lot harder than normal!

User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Yulehide » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:18 pm

Dowbocop wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:Dolphin question - is there a way to get games on Dolphin without piracy, buying a Toshiba drive, executing a command line program thing, or modding a console? How do you guys do it?


All of those methods are technically illegal as they circumvent copy protection in some way or another, the only legal way of playing GC games is by using Gamecube discs on an actual Gamecube console and even then Nintendo don't receive any money as they no longer make them.

I suppose, yeah. I just thought I'd be able to download Dolphin and put my legit GC discs in the drive rather than going through all the rigmarole of ripping them, which is a lot harder than normal!


Don't bother ripping your own games, they're easily obtained somewhere like don't actually post the word, ever, even in spoiler tags -- I can't stop you from doing it via PM but please don't do this either - Karl(a decent site that doesn't bombard you with popups or dodgy links) and aren't overly massive files (1 GB or less) so don't take all day to download.

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Preezy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Flightless bird nirvana really is a decent site, that's where I've got all of my recent roms from.

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by IAmTheSaladMan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:39 pm

Yeah you can't really fault cassowary valhalla.

Image
User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Rog » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:05 pm

How does it handle the motion control bits?

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Rudolphin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Yup, I got BoTW working too...about 20fps on average with an 1070 i5-5500k. Water doesn't seem to have been implemented yet however and I don't know if it's just me...but I can't seem to magnetise anything.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
As Fat as Santa
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by As Fat as Santa » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Nah Magnesis isn't Motion controlled, the motion controls are used when aiming with the bow, or for certain puzzles etc.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
As Fat as Santa
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by As Fat as Santa » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Yeah the motion controls seem to be good finely tuning the aim, as normalyy I'd use the stick to get it on the target and then use the motion controls to get a more accurate shot, but I can't see it being a big deal tbh.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Death's Head » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:12 pm

What emulator is being used for the Wii U and where are you getting BOTW from?

Yes?
User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Yulehide » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:47 pm

The emulator is CEMU and I'm guessing the Zelda iso is available on the high seas.

Image
User avatar
Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Sleighamorph » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:38 pm

It's fairly easy to rip your own Wii U discs with a Wii U console these days.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Karl » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Absolutely incredible that we've reached the point where a game released on console last month is now playable on an emulator.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Death's Head » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:30 pm

Karl wrote:Absolutely incredible that we've reached the point where a game released on console last month is now playable on an emulator.

Is it really? The games are developed on PCs after all. I am curious though how people put these emulators together in the first place, have they used leaked code from the devkits? I find it difficult to believe it can be done without that happening.

Yes?
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Grumpy David » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:32 am

Karl wrote:Absolutely incredible that we've reached the point where a game released on console last month is now playable on an emulator.


Isn't Wii U hardware only about Xbox 360 x 1.5? Modern gaming PCs should be able to brute force that to work.

Still is funny though!


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chestnut Snowleaves, Dig Dug, Frank, mic, Nook29, Seven Posers Posing, TonyDA, Xeno and 55 guests