The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Johnny Ryall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig
Location: Box Elder, MO

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Demons souls now 100% playable on PC
by Johnny Ryall » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:05 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:I’ve just posted in the SNES mini thread that I’ve bought one but my brother in law is building a retro pie machine for my son for Xmas. Is there any point in keeping the mini? I take it the emulations of the SNES games are just as good on retro pie? Also I assume that progress can be saved? Also is star fox 2 available on retro pie? If not I assume it will appear given it’s release today.


I'd say emulation is probably a tiny bit better on the pi. I'm glad I have the mini cos it looks way cool. But I love the pi more. strawberry float corded controllers.

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Demons souls now 100% playable on PC
by Brerlappin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:59 pm



[HEAVY BREATHING INTENSIFIES]

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Ironhide » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:05 pm

How easily can PS3 ISOs be obtained?

Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Brerlappin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Ironhide wrote:How easily can PS3 ISOs be obtained?


Very easily available on torrent sites. I own the games, but cant be bothered ripping them so just torrented them

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by That's not a growth » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Anyone tried BOTW on cemu recently? I still can't seem to get it running smooth and was wondering if anyone else had any better luck.

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Could anyone kindly pm me the best place to get roms for retro pie?

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Trelliz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:56 pm

I've finally found a decent combination of ps1 emulator and plugins which applies the perspective correction tweaks to fix that wobbly texture look that most ps1 games had - its called pcsxr-pgxp. Now to dive into the ps1's amazing racing library.

On another note cemu is literal witchcraft: i think moving it to my ssd and a few tweaks will make mario kart 8 completely playable. What a time to be alive.

Tragic Magic wrote:It's so pink when he bangs it on teh floor. Pi mm p boy pink.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Fisher » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:49 pm

i been play the gba emuulator.

User avatar
Earfolds
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Evil Ted
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Earfolds » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:53 pm

I've been pretty enamoured by the RetroArch/libretro project. It's a unified frontend for emulators, can play pretty much anything, and has probably the best N64 emulator I've ever used as part of the standard libretro cores (ParaLLEl); it's faster than N64 at loading the Ocarina of Time pause menu!

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 am

I got a Raspberry Pi 3 the other day and I'm just running RetroPie on it. Insane just how well that little thing can run certain systems. Being able to run PS1 games is literal witchcraft. I'm told it can handle certain Dreamcast games as well, but not tried that yet.

I don't find that it's a total alternative to something like the SNES Mini though. There's just too much tweaking and tinkering needed to get it all up and running for the average person.

I can see myself spending a lot of time working with it, getting everything I want on it. Great wee bit of kit.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Ad7 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:15 pm

You just reminded me I need to finish off my arcade machine. It's been in the loft for a year and I forgot all about it :fp:

User avatar
Kriken
Member
Joined in 2015
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Kriken » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:41 pm

That's not a growth wrote:Anyone tried BOTW on cemu recently? I still can't seem to get it running smooth and was wondering if anyone else had any better luck.

Yeah, in the recent updates (especially the latest one) BOTW can run pretty well even on moderately powerful PCs with the right settings. I would check out BSOD's youtube videos about it if you're interested in getting it to run better.

At the moment I can get the game to run at a stable 30fps at 1080p which is a good improvement over what I had on Wii U. :) Only real downside is that I don't have a good alternative to the gyro controls which are necessary for some puzzles. Either gonna get a PS4 controller for that - or another alternative - or wait until there's Wii U gamepad compatibility.


In other news while I haven't touched it recently, OoT3D on Citra is pretty sweet when I bump up the resolution several times. The controls are not completely ideal and there are some very minor audio issues but otherwise it runs perfectly and looks amazing. Defo the way I want to re-play the game when I feel like it.

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by That's not a growth » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:01 pm

KrikenKing wrote: Only real downside is that I don't have a good alternative to the gyro controls which are necessary for some puzzles. Either gonna get a PS4 controller for that - or another alternative - or wait until there's Wii U gamepad compatibility.


Ah nuts, I hate when stuff like that happens when you emulate.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Lagamorph » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:52 pm

Mandatory motion controls.
The best way to screw emulation efforts.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by KjGarly » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:11 am

That's not a growth wrote:
KrikenKing wrote: Only real downside is that I don't have a good alternative to the gyro controls which are necessary for some puzzles. Either gonna get a PS4 controller for that - or another alternative - or wait until there's Wii U gamepad compatibility.


Ah nuts, I hate when stuff like that happens when you emulate.


You use the mouse, hold one of the mouse buttons down and move it about for any gyro Shrine puzzle. Worked fine for me when I was playing it on Cemu.

Image Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by That's not a growth » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Ok, that's not too bad. I'll see if I can get it playable over the weekend.

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Trelliz » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:05 pm

KrikenKing wrote:In other news while I haven't touched it recently, OoT3D on Citra is pretty sweet when I bump up the resolution several times. The controls are not completely ideal and there are some very minor audio issues but otherwise it runs perfectly and looks amazing. Defo the way I want to re-play the game when I feel like it.


I need to take a look at citra, when I last checked in it was barely running anything, I take it there's been a lot of progress since?

I've been going through the PS1's back catalog of racing games on PCSXR, and wow there's a lot of gooseberry fool, its amazing that stuff like Ridge Racer is still perfectly playable and good today in comparison. I think because I have no nostalgia for games like Test Drive I can't really look past the jank, whereas stuff like RR, Motorhead and others are still fun to play.

Tragic Magic wrote:It's so pink when he bangs it on teh floor. Pi mm p boy pink.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Kriken
Member
Joined in 2015
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by Kriken » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:17 pm

-
Yeah I didn't really like using the mouse for gyro on Cemu, but if it's fine for others then that's cool. Might see if I can get used to them though.

Trelliz wrote:
KrikenKing wrote:In other news while I haven't touched it recently, OoT3D on Citra is pretty sweet when I bump up the resolution several times. The controls are not completely ideal and there are some very minor audio issues but otherwise it runs perfectly and looks amazing. Defo the way I want to re-play the game when I feel like it.


I need to take a look at citra, when I last checked in it was barely running anything, I take it there's been a lot of progress since?

Yeah, it runs a lot of games very well. OoT3D, Majora's Mask 3D and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire notably work perfectly. And at a glance of the compatibility list it looks like most games play well if not entirely without issues.

qupe
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by qupe » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:58 pm

What sites do you use now for getting the iso's?

Does anyone here use Launchbox? or because games need to be configured individually on some emulators do you not bother?

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K
by IAmTheSaladMan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:24 pm

qupe wrote:What sites do you use now for getting the iso's?

Does anyone here use Launchbox? or because games need to be configured individually on some emulators do you not bother?


Depends what you're after, for older stuff some posts on this page should point you in the right direction,

http://grcade.co.uk/t:wii-and-gamecube-ports-now-officially-superior-on-pc?f=2&start=600.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, Brerlappin, Dowbocop, jawafour, Jezo, more heat than light, Rich, Saint of Killers, Superfurryfox64, suzzopher and 59 guests