The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Dowbocop » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Pedz wrote:I thought that said Space Jebus. Haven't seen him about for years, wonder if he's on another forum?

I thought that too :lol:

He lurks, I don't think he's anywhere else though...
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Pedz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:59 pm

That's cool that he still lurks, nice guy. Used to play 360 together with others from Gamesradar.
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Lagamorph » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:25 pm

So there's a PS3 emulator doing a reasonable job of Persona 5 already

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Brerlappin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Yesssss got it working at 30fps and with the 5K graphics pack

Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by KjGarly » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Dowbocop wrote:
Pedz wrote:I thought that said Space Jebus. Haven't seen him about for years, wonder if he's on another forum?

I thought that too :lol:

He lurks, I don't think he's anywhere else though...


He once came to my shop to buy a Blu Ray film off me with his missus :datass:

Think it was Leon :datass: :datass:
Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Tafdolphin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:21 pm

Brerlappin wrote:Yesssss got it working at 30fps and with the 5K graphics pack

Image


Um...how? Do tell...
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Ad7 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:38 am

Brerlappin wrote:Yesssss got it working at 30fps and with the 5K graphics pack

Image


Hrrrnnnnng :datass:

I'll definitely go back to botw when the emulator is running flawlessly. For now it's 100% on the wii u, but God I wish I could have that resolution bump right now as my pc is more than up to it.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Brerlappin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:47 am

Sorry, i wasnt trying to be a cock tease, i was on my phone after posting that and couldnt find the actual tweak to post it :lol:

This should net a good FPS boost

-In 1.7.4 you can use disableGPUfence via the editing the correct file in your Gameprofiles folder under CEMU. Locate the one that corresponds to your game: USA is 00050000101c9400, for EU 00050000101c9500, and for JPN 00050000101C9300.

Open it up and add this to it:
Code:

[CPU]
emulateSinglePrecision = true

[Graphics]
disableGPUFence = true
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by KjGarly » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:56 am

Brerlappin wrote:Sorry, i wasnt trying to be a cock tease, i was on my phone after posting that and couldnt find the actual tweak to post it :lol:

This should net a good FPS boost

-In 1.7.4 you can use disableGPUfence via the editing the correct file in your Gameprofiles folder under CEMU. Locate the one that corresponds to your game: USA is 00050000101c9400, for EU 00050000101c9500, and for JPN 00050000101C9300.

Open it up and add this to it:
Code:

[CPU]
emulateSinglePrecision = true

[Graphics]
disableGPUFence = true


First time using CEMU so is there a away of having it run at 1080p? Checked the Gameprofiles and they were already set to those values. Do you also use Vsync?

Image

Image

Looks flipping lovely but there are quite a few dips from 30fps. 4k pack is enabled too.
Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Brerlappin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:18 am

If you have the 4k graphics pack enabled, then just set the game to run in fullscreen. Itll run in your windows resolution and downsample from 4k. The game does have a lot of jaggies tho, i even bumped it up to 8k last night and still saw aliasing. Well probably need to wait for someone to write a proper script fro injecting SMAA or something to eliminate it fully.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by KjGarly » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:21 am

Its playable, even with the microstutters (Like when you attack something and it freezes for a split second) really does look lovely.

Image
Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Brerlappin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:41 am

The microstutter is caused by the game compiling a shader cache as you play. You can get around that by downloading a precompiled shader cache. I wont link to it as that is technically illegal and gooseberry fool, but its almost like you could go to reddit, search for the cemu shadercache forum, and download it from there.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by KjGarly » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:56 am

Brerlappin wrote:The microstutter is caused by the game compiling a shader cache as you play. You can get around that by downloading a precompiled shader cache. I wont link to it as that is technically illegal and gooseberry fool, but its almost like you could go to reddit, search for the cemu shadercache forum, and download it from there.


I think the game came with one cause when I load it up it loads a shader cache before going to the main menu.
Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Brerlappin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:25 pm

KjGarly wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:The microstutter is caused by the game compiling a shader cache as you play. You can get around that by downloading a precompiled shader cache. I wont link to it as that is technically illegal and gooseberry fool, but its almost like you could go to reddit, search for the cemu shadercache forum, and download it from there.


I think the game came with one cause when I load it up it loads a shader cache before going to the main menu.


It wont have one, id almost 100% guarantee it. What its doing is loading the cache youre building as you play. CEMU always loads a shader cache when loading even if you dont have a pre-existing one dnwnloaded. You can download a cache of 19k shaders on reddit which will really help with stuttering. Id bet when you load the game its loading a cache of maybe a few hundred, or a thousand shaders. That wont be enough to help too much with stuttering, only in areas youve already visited.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by KjGarly » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:The microstutter is caused by the game compiling a shader cache as you play. You can get around that by downloading a precompiled shader cache. I wont link to it as that is technically illegal and gooseberry fool, but its almost like you could go to reddit, search for the cemu shadercache forum, and download it from there.


I think the game came with one cause when I load it up it loads a shader cache before going to the main menu.


It wont have one, id almost 100% guarantee it. What its doing is loading the cache youre building as you play. CEMU always loads a shader cache when loading even if you dont have a pre-existing one dnwnloaded. You can download a cache of 19k shaders on reddit which will really help with stuttering. Id bet when you load the game its loading a cache of maybe a few hundred, or a thousand shaders. That wont be enough to help too much with stuttering, only in areas youve already visited.


Compiling that 19k cached shader now so see if that helps. Downloaded some for Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D which both work spot on apart from some sound glitches with music in SM3D.
Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Brerlappin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Yeah it takes about 10 minutes or so to compile the frist time you launch, but after that it only takes maybe a minute or so each subsequent time you launch the game
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Tafdolphin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:17 pm

So that trick has deffo improved FPS, ta Brer. Cutscenes still don't work unfortunately though, even with 1.7.4. Oh well, a small price to pay!

EDIT: aaaaand for some reason in shrines everything is super sped up.

Odd
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by KjGarly » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:So that trick has deffo improved FPS, ta Brer. Cutscenes still don't work unfortunately though, even with 1.7.4. Oh well, a small price to pay!

EDIT: aaaaand for some reason in shrines everything is super sped up.

Odd


Have a search for Cemu hook 0.4.0.0, that worked for me with cutscenes.
Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Brerlappin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:26 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:So that trick has deffo improved FPS, ta Brer. Cutscenes still don't work unfortunately though, even with 1.7.4. Oh well, a small price to pay!

EDIT: aaaaand for some reason in shrines everything is super sped up.

Odd


I heard you might get double speed using that edit alright :lol: solve one problem, cause another. You could try and lock your FPS to 30 using rivatuner.
User avatar
Karl
Consider The Following
Consider The Following
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Emulators Thread - Preserving the past for a better tomorrow!
by Karl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:10 pm

It looks gorgeous, Brer. Keep the screenshots coming :wub:

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dowbocop, Frank, lex-man, Met, Pedz, Peter Crisp, Poser, Samuel_1, SerialCeler, Trelliz, Zaichik and 28 guests