Will you be investing in the next generation?

Anything to do with games at all.

Next Generation - Yay or Nay.

Yes, Xbox
9
14%
Yes, PS5
15
24%
Yes, both
15
24%
No
14
22%
Undecided
10
16%
 
Total votes: 63
User avatar
Rapidly-Greying
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Kelty, scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by Rapidly-Greying » Mon May 14, 2018 12:07 pm

I'll have to invest in food,clothes and rent first but hopefully I can muster up enough cash for a PlayStation 5.

Rapidly-greying is SHITE at games
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by Gemini73 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Oh bollocks, didn't realise editing would reset the poll. :fp:

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
Hound
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by Hound » Mon May 14, 2018 1:03 pm

I think I need to get off the day one bandwagon, and this seems like a great time to start.

Playing indie games on Switch, PC, PS4 etc has made me realise I don't really care for those big budget experiences so much anymore.

Image
Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by Death's Head » Mon May 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Not voted (as Tapatalk doesn't support it) but at this moment in time I'm thinking maybe PC only. The reasoning is that I'm always going to need a PC and a mid spec can play games as well as any console. The downside is that I'll miss out on a few exclusives but given all of the games out there, I'm not overly bothered.

On the plus side you can get games much cheaper and when you decide to upgrade hardware, the games scale to it so no need to hope for a patch like you do on the Pro and X.

Yes?
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by NickSCFC » Mon May 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Hound wrote:I think I need to get off the day one bandwagon, and this seems like a great time to start.

Playing indie games on Switch, PC, PS4 etc has made me realise I don't really care for those big budget experiences so much anymore.


I've not bothered with PS4 Pro, so if PS5 was fully BC and played my PS4 games at 4K, I may be tempted to go with day 1.

Wasn't impressed with either PS4 or Xbox One's launch window games last time, and the lack of BC just jumping in early seem pointless to me.

Image Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by jawafour » Mon May 14, 2018 1:33 pm

At the moment it's hard to say, really. I'm definitely not desperate for next-gen to arrive as I'm still enjoying using my PS4.

I suspect that I won't jump in at launch because we now know that the console manufacturers are likely to release mid-gen updated versions. Backwards compatibility is a factor for me; I'd like the new machines to be able to play existing games. I am likely to go with a single format next gen. On my PlayStation I enjoy playing PES, ESO and FF XIV online and "how and when" those titles move over to next gen could be a big factor in the format that I choose.

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by OrangeRakoon » Mon May 14, 2018 1:43 pm

jawafour wrote:I suspect that I won't jump in at launch because we now know that the console manufacturers are likely to release mid-gen updated versions


If the PS4 and PS4 slim/pro taught us anything, it's that you should jump in quick to get the best looking model before they ruin it ;)

But wait a few months so you get the revision with actual buttons, my greatest failing in life

bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by bear » Mon May 14, 2018 1:51 pm

I'm an idiot so assuming the current Mrs. bear doesn't manage to get herself knocked up between now and the start of the next-gen then I'll almost certainly buy both about six months after they launch. And then use them sod all.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by Peter Crisp » Mon May 14, 2018 1:55 pm

bear wrote:I'm an idiot so assuming the current Mrs. bear doesn't manage to get herself knocked up between now and the start of the next-gen then I'll almost certainly buy both about six months after they launch. And then use them sod all.


If you just ban sex until the release of PS5 there's no chance of more kids and you'll have the excitement of waiting for 2 things and not just the PS5.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by Rex Kramer » Mon May 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Buying into a new gen console is the antithesis of investing.

bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by bear » Mon May 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:
bear wrote:I'm an idiot so assuming the current Mrs. bear doesn't manage to get herself knocked up between now and the start of the next-gen then I'll almost certainly buy both about six months after they launch. And then use them sod all.


If you just ban sex until the release of PS5 there's no chance of more kids and you'll have the excitement of waiting for 2 things and not just the PS5.

More kids? Do you know something I don't?

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by Errkal » Mon May 14, 2018 2:06 pm

:lol: what a way to be told your a dad!

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by Peter Crisp » Mon May 14, 2018 2:08 pm

bear wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:
bear wrote:I'm an idiot so assuming the current Mrs. bear doesn't manage to get herself knocked up between now and the start of the next-gen then I'll almost certainly buy both about six months after they launch. And then use them sod all.


If you just ban sex until the release of PS5 there's no chance of more kids and you'll have the excitement of waiting for 2 things and not just the PS5.

More kids? Do you know something I don't?


Well you'll have saved up enough enthusiasm that you'll obviously have enough to get her pregnant as that's how it works.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Osito
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by Osito » Mon May 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Probably, but it will be years after they launch. I still have a huge backlog, and always adopt well after launch after prices have dropped and early issues have ironed out.

I picked up a PS4 Pro earlier this year too, so don't see the PS5 being such a leap from the current gen, so am in no hurry whatsoever.

User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by imbusydoctorwho » Mon May 14, 2018 2:54 pm

Depends on the launch games and what the first 6 months of titles look like, I mean this gen didn't really get going till 2015 and still in 2018 we're getting loads of last gen ports.

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by Jam-Master Jay » Mon May 14, 2018 3:14 pm

I'll be building a new PC in the next year or two rather than bothering with the PS5 or Xbox9001

Image
jezhumphrey75
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by jezhumphrey75 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:29 pm

yes xbox, had a ps3 and still have a 4, never turn it on, keep telling myself ill play theyre exclusives but I wont, got no interest in 3rd person borefests

User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by kerr9000 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Well this time around I waited till I could get a second hand ps4 for £200 before making the plunge.... then I got a Xbox One in a lightning deal for £150 kinda realising that I should have gone xbox in the first place as it was more me... and then I paid rrp for a switch on day of release.... Looking at the future I have to look at all of the above. I really really regret getting the switch day one, I really haven't used it enough. I regret the PS4 a bit, but I dont regret the xbox in the slightest...so if I am logical and dont get over excited I guess this means I should wait about a year after its release and then grab the next xbox.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000_blog on Instagram. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 etc
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by Gemini73 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:52 pm

jezhumphrey75 wrote:yes xbox, had a ps3 and still have a 4, never turn it on, keep telling myself ill play theyre exclusives but I wont, got no interest in 3rd person borefests


Well, you're going to be popular.

Welcome. :lol:

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
OrangeRakoon
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Will you be investing in the next generation?
by OrangeRakoon » Mon May 14, 2018 3:53 pm

jezhumphrey75 wrote:yes xbox, had a ps3 and still have a 4, never turn it on, keep telling myself ill play theyre exclusives but I wont, got no interest in 3rd person borefests


Do you find games from the third person perspective inherently boring?


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Akai XIII, Balladeer, Brerlappin, fry87, kerr9000, KjGarly, Lime, Mafro, mic, Miguel007, NickSCFC, Poser, Return_of_the_STAR, Rubix, suzzopher, Tafdolphin and 45 guests