Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by Photek » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:26 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Moggy wrote:I can't imagine many Halo fans don't already own the Master Chief Collection on Xbone. I hate Halo games and even I own a digital copy of it. :lol:


Having the originals on BC is great for purists though, hopefully CE and 2 from the original Xbox join them.

DF said best version of CE is on MCC with graphics set to original, Halo 2 can also be set to Original on MCC. I prefer Halo 2's retro maps to the remade ones on MCCto be honest, plus Halo 2's servers have been switched off so you can only play it online on MCC. Man I think I'm gonna boot it up!

Image
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by NickSCFC » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:45 am

Photek wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Moggy wrote:I can't imagine many Halo fans don't already own the Master Chief Collection on Xbone. I hate Halo games and even I own a digital copy of it. :lol:


Having the originals on BC is great for purists though, hopefully CE and 2 from the original Xbox join them.

DF said best version of CE is on MCC with graphics set to original, Halo 2 can also be set to Original on MCC. I prefer Halo 2's retro maps to the remade ones on MCCto be honest, plus Halo 2's servers have been switched off so you can only play it online on MCC. Man I think I'm gonna boot it up!


I know, but in this case they're also letting people who own the originals on disc to play those too.

I just love the idea that Xbox One can, eventually, play EVERY Xbox game ever released straight from disc (with a free download of course).

Image Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by more heat than light » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:00 am

NickSCFC wrote:I just love the idea that Xbox One can, eventually, play EVERY Xbox game ever released straight from disc (with a free download of course).


This. It's just really convenient. I know there are going to be some games that can't happen due to licensing and stuff, but if they get the majority up I'll be happy. My big wish is that they can find a way to get the 360 Kinect stuff working.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by NickSCFC » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:03 am

It's great for nostalgics too, CEX have started trading original Xbox games off the back of this, it's great seeing these games on shelves again.

Image Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by Photek » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Kinect games? :dread:

I can't think of a game I'd want from OG Xbox apart from Fable 1. Project Gotham 3 was always the better one. The Halo's are on X1 for a pittance. Anyway Fable Anniversary is what I truly want back compat, and Final Fantasy XIII.

Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by Trelliz » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:08 pm

I want Steel Battalion - the game/controller are in my parents' loft and i bought an og xbox to usb adapter just in case :lol:

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by BID0 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Trelliz wrote:I want Steel Battalion - the game/controller are in my parents' loft and i bought an og xbox to usb adapter just in case :lol:

That's the only Xbox game I've ever wanted to play

Shame Microsoft have a 0% policy of supporting old controllers policy on Xbox 1 and through BC :(

That renders steel battalion and Kinect games impossible. I'd really like to be able to save Rock Band Beatles too, that game is so well made and it's sad that it's going to be lost to time eventually.

qupe
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by qupe » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:37 pm

They could make Kinect games compatible with the new Kinect surely?

Original games I'd like include Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Kung Fu Chaos, Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction, Rallisport 2, Knights of the old republic, Jade Empire, Strangers Wrath off the top of my head

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by Trelliz » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:11 pm

qupe wrote:They could make Kinect games compatible with the new Kinect surely?

Original games I'd like include Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Kung Fu Chaos, Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction, Rallisport 2, Knights of the old republic, Jade Empire, Strangers Wrath off the top of my head


Both of these are on Android officially, no idea about ios.

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by more heat than light » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:39 am

qupe wrote:They could make Kinect games compatible with the new Kinect surely?


Well I would have thought it was possible, but MS have said from the start that it won't happen. I'm still hopeful, I know it's a niche market and most folk have moved on but there's some decent stuff on the 360 that use Kinect.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
andythevillan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Birmingham

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by andythevillan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:02 am

MS have made great progress on BC over the last few months but maybe we have hit a peak and new additions maybe less frequent. There are still some notable gaps e.g. the PGR's, some FF games, Sonic Generations and some XBLA such as Outrun Online and Mark of the Ninja. This would be my wish list but everyone is different

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by more heat than light » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:24 am

andythevillan wrote:MS have made great progress on BC over the last few months but maybe we have hit a peak and new additions maybe less frequent.


Wikipedia says there are currently 396 backwards compatible titles. There have been 1209 retail Xbox 360 games and 719 XBLA games (although some games are on both those lists). I think there's plenty of room for new additions. ;)

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by Monkey Man » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:04 pm


ImageImage
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by Monkey Man » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:26 pm


ImageImage
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by rinks » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Great, a version I haven't got. They could have done them all.

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by more heat than light » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Wasn't Arcade Edition on Games with Gold a while back?

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by rinks » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Oh, yes! OK, that's acceptable.

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by Garth » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:34 pm

The Ultra DLC should work too BTW.

Image
User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by SandyCoin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:21 am

Are Xbox 360 games region free on Xbox One? Got a US Xbox and still have a fair few UK 360 games I'd like to play.

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - Original Xbox games, Duke controller + multi gen system link this year!
by BID0 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:12 am

SandyCoin wrote:Are Xbox 360 games region free on Xbox One? Got a US Xbox and still have a fair few UK 360 games I'd like to play.

Xbox/360 discs and the DLC do not implement region lock, that's a PlayStation thing.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buffalo, CitizenErased, floydfreak, Frank, Garth, jimbojango, Lime, Trelliz and 45 guests