Xbox One Chat - Powerstar Golf out now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
HailToTheKingBaby!
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by HailToTheKingBaby! » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Looks like the new avatars have been pushed out to more. Insiders. I'm on the beta ring and it's just appeared for me in the insider content section. Guess it won't be long now till everyone gets it. Maybe a month or two.

Looks like it's just the avatar editor app so far. The created one doesn't show up on the dash or achievements pages yet..

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by Photek » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:17 pm

MP only goes to 1440 but thats a big step up from 900p.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by Monkey Man » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:33 pm


Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by Moggy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Monkey Man wrote:


Interesting....

User avatar
HailToTheKingBaby!
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by HailToTheKingBaby! » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Photek wrote:MP only goes to 1440 but thats a big step up from 900p.


Assuming you're talking about BF1 and not Halo MCC (ignore me if you meant that), Eurogamer have a big analysis for the patch, other than a frame rate bug when playing with people in a party it sounds like it's dynamic 4k - staying at full 4k most of the time in single and multiplayer but dropping under heavy stress points. The lowest they report is on a 64 player skirmish where it drops to 3360x1890..

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... ultiplayer

Had some issues getting the MCC insider build down but finally got it after some messing about changing my console region to US and back again (the install button was greyed out till I did that, known issue apparently). Had a quick go on all 4 games last night, they do look lovely though 4 and 2 probably look the best. 1 and 3 look a little dated now despite the upgrade but it's still a nice step up. Playing 1 or 2 with the original graphics in 4k is interesting.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by more heat than light » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:44 pm

Just had an external drive fail on me so I've had to reformat it. Please tell me there's a way to install all of my 'ready to install' games at once? I really don't want to have to manually set 363 games.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by BID0 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:08 pm

No. But you don't want to queue too much up anyway otherwise you brick your Xbox for hours/days.

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by more heat than light » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Urgh.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by BID0 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:42 pm

I'd recommend replacing the HDD too. If it's failed you don't want to spend time filling it up for it to happen again

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by more heat than light » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm

Well since it seems to be working I think I won't just drop £100 on another just yet.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by KjGarly » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:28 pm

more heat than light wrote:Just had an external drive fail on me so I've had to reformat it. Please tell me there's a way to install all of my 'ready to install' games at once? I really don't want to have to manually set 363 games.


Noticed today mine kept disconnecting and recconecting while downloading all episodes for Hitman.

Image Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by BID0 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:14 am

Use Seagate tools to at least check the hard drive for errors first before filling it. If there are a bunch of bad sectors on the HDD, as soon as something writes to it it’s going to lock up again.

Although if KJ is getting the same error maybe it’s a bug from the last OS update

User avatar
Octoroc
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Blighty

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by Octoroc » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:33 am

So I'm going to buy an XB1. The primary reason for this is so that I can play World Of Tanks with my mate online (he's been nagging me for months), but I'm very much interested in Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 and a bit of Minecraft (which I already have on Switch).

Buying a PS4 Pro over the base PS4 was an easy decision, but the XB1X is a lot more expensive than the 'S'.

Is the XB1X noisy like the PS4 Pro?

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by KjGarly » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:04 am

Octoroc wrote:So I'm going to buy an XB1. The primary reason for this is so that I can play World Of Tanks with my mate online (he's been nagging me for months), but I'm very much interested in Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 and a bit of Minecraft (which I already have on Switch).

Buying a PS4 Pro over the base PS4 was an easy decision, but the XB1X is a lot more expensive than the 'S'.

Is the XB1X noisy like the PS4 Pro?


The X is nice and quiet, the only time I've heard the fans kick in was when viewing the survivor screen on State of Decay 2 which was caused by a gooseberry fool bug that's now been fixed.

Image Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by KK » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:09 am

The Xbox One X is scientifically quieter than the PS4 Pro, by on average 10 db across multiple tests. Both max out at 38 db on top of the machine when put under strain, of which the Pro is the more likely of the two. On idle, the X sits at 21 db, which is bugger all.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by more heat than light » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 am

You're probably already aware of this, but if they aren't bundled games with your console, Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 will be cheaper to play via Game Pass.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by KK » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:17 am

Aren't Microsoft supposed to be making some announcements in a couple of weeks in Germany? Price cuts and better value bundles could be on the way then.

AO.com did have the Xbox One X with Forza 7 for £359 the other week though, which is currently the lowest price benchmark.

Image
User avatar
Octoroc
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Blighty

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by Octoroc » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:33 am

more heat than light wrote:You're probably already aware of this, but if they aren't bundled games with your console, Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 will be cheaper to play via Game Pass.


No I wasn't. I don't know what that is.

User avatar
Octoroc
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Blighty

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by Octoroc » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:39 am

KK wrote:Aren't Microsoft supposed to be making some announcements in a couple of weeks in Germany? Price cuts and better value bundles could be on the way then.

AO.com did have the Xbox One X with Forza 7 for £359 the other week though, which is currently the lowest price benchmark.


Consoles tend to be a bit cheaper in Germany given the exchange rate and all, but I'm moving back to the UK in two weeks.

I will hold on until I get a decent-ish bundle. Currently the X bundled with SoT is cheaper on Amazon than without it.

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Forza Horizon 2 and Dead Space 3 now free with Gold
by more heat than light » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:48 am

Octoroc wrote:
more heat than light wrote:You're probably already aware of this, but if they aren't bundled games with your console, Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 will be cheaper to play via Game Pass.


No I wasn't. I don't know what that is.


It's kinda like Netflix for games. For a price per month you get access to a large library of games, including all of Microsoft's first party output (including the aforementioned Sea Of Thieves and Forza). The games rotate every month, so you get new titles coming in all the time. You also get a free trial, so you can check it out before committing to anything.

GRcade thread is here

Official link at https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rudderless and 36 guests