Xbox One Chat - Black Friday sales start & Nov Xbox Update Rolling Out Today inc KB&M, Alexa etc (p26)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - November Games with Gold announced (p24)
by BID0 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:33 am

Think I’ll skip that then and try Assassins Creed finally

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - November Games with Gold announced (p24)
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 am

Yeah probably won’t bother with Battlefield, but I never played AC so that will be something.

Image Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - November Games with Gold announced (p24)
by more heat than light » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:01 am

I liked Assassin's Creed back in the day but it's probably dated horribly now and the sequel did it much better. I should really start playing them again, gave up for some reason after Brotherhood.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - November Games with Gold announced (p24)
by rinks » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:53 am

more heat than light wrote:I liked Assassin's Creed back in the day but it's probably dated horribly now and the sequel did it much better. I should really start playing them again, gave up for some reason after Brotherhood.

You never played Black Flag?! I’d say play through AC1 first (it’s a much smaller game) then get onto AC4 (you should already own it on XB1 - it was on GWG).

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - November Games with Gold announced (p24)
by Moggy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:10 am

Are there any Assassins Creed games left for them to give away?

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - November Games with Gold announced (p24)
by more heat than light » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:10 am

rinks wrote:
more heat than light wrote:I liked Assassin's Creed back in the day but it's probably dated horribly now and the sequel did it much better. I should really start playing them again, gave up for some reason after Brotherhood.

You never played Black Flag?!


Nope. I own pretty much every game, but I never seem to want to play them. Also I really do want to do them in order, I know the story goes a bit tits up after a while but I want to see that for myself rather than just look it up. Besides, Revelations is meant to be ok, right? It's AC3 everyone seems to hate.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - November Games with Gold announced (p24)
by rinks » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:17 am

Oh yeah, the whole Ezio trilogy is good. I really like AC3 too, and will be playing it again with the remaster. But I reckon you could play 4 in isolation without missing much from the overarching story.

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - November Games with Gold announced (p24)
by BID0 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:44 am

Moggy wrote:Are there any Assassins Creed games left for them to give away?

It looks like there are still a few I haven't got, but I had a period of not playing Xbox for 3-4 years and it was around the time they started including games so I think I've missed them (Black Flag, Brotherhood, Ezio Trilogy and then the newest two).

I could have sworn I missed AC1 and AC2 when I checked before but it appears I will have them both in November.

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by BID0 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Thought I’d try battlefield 1 out and it looks like the servers are dead :lol: no wonder they’re giving it away

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by Peter Crisp » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:55 pm

I still play it a fair bit on PS4.
I've been getting the stuff you can get for Battlefield 5 for playing it and there's always people playing it.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by DarkRula » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:58 pm

And you would have thought that with it on EA Access it would have more people playing.
No doubt they're still on Seige of Shanghai on Battlefield 4.

Image
Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by Peter Crisp » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:05 pm

Stu and I play Battlefield 4 most Sunday nights on PS4 (we skip operation locker as it's rubbish) and there's always full servers.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by Photek » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:56 am

I just played B1 for a few hours, servers aren’t dead...

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by Parksey » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:35 am

Depends on the game mode though, right? I was playing BF1 (on PS4) up until Destiny 2: Forsaken came out and it had an active playerbase. But some of the smaller modes (like the Pigeon one) are pretty much dead. Though I was usually just trying to find servers in Asia.

There's a website you can use to check player numbers for Battlefield.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insi ... on?days=30

Xbox numbers have predictably increased a lot recently. So how is probably the best time to playing. Not sure why the PC numbers have crashed.

EDIT - Actually if you look at the stats for the entire lifespan of the game, PC was usually in third place in terms of playerbase.

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by BID0 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:52 am

Photek wrote:I just played B1 for a few hours, servers aren’t dead...

Weird. I just checked reddit and it looks like it's down for loads of others too. Maybe it's a region thing.

User avatar
SerialCeler
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Booripides
Location: Stuck in the Tron machine

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by SerialCeler » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Two quick questions.

Has anyone tried any wired Xbox One controllers? Any recommendations?

Also, if I have an external hard drive can I transfer my Xbox 360 saves via that, or do I need to do it over the cloud?

Image

Latest GRecommends:

Nintendo Network ID: SerialCeler (Switch: 5559-9603-3982) | Xbox Live: Serial Celer
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by Monkey Man » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:12 pm

SerialCeler wrote:Two quick questions.

Has anyone tried any wired Xbox One controllers? Any recommendations?

Also, if I have an external hard drive can I transfer my Xbox 360 saves via that, or do I need to do it over the cloud?

You need to do it over the cloud I think. Never tried a wired controller.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:27 pm

With the Xbox game pass do you steam the games or do have to download each title that you want to play in full?

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by DarkRula » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:With the Xbox game pass do you steam the games or do have to download each title that you want to play in full?


It's a download.

Image
Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed now free with Gold (p24)
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:04 pm

DarkRula wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:With the Xbox game pass do you steam the games or do have to download each title that you want to play in full?


It's a download.


Thanks if I buy the game pass under my account will my son be able to play the games on his account? On the same Xbox obviously.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Diceman, Dowbocop, Gemini73, Godzilla, jawafour, KjGarly, mcjihge2, Monkey Man, Moz, NickSCFC, OldSoulCyborg, Pedz, Starquake, TonyDA, Trelliz and 56 guests