Xbox One Chat - Game Awards sale now on (p260)

Anything to do with games at all.
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by HSH28 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 pm

BID0 wrote:People need to get the Rock Band deals :shifty:

The game and adapter (allowing you to use your 360 instruments) is £20 at game and the Rovals expansion is in the Xbox sale above I believe. So if you have any old controllers (or a USB/controller microphone) then you can come join the GRcade crew :wub:

And if you bought any of the Rock Band DLC or discs over the last 10 years then they’re waiting to be downloaded for free


What does Rivals actually give you?

User avatar
myrrh heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by myrrh heat than light » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:10 pm

HSH28 wrote:
BID0 wrote:People need to get the Rock Band deals :shifty:

The game and adapter (allowing you to use your 360 instruments) is £20 at game and the Rovals expansion is in the Xbox sale above I believe. So if you have any old controllers (or a USB/controller microphone) then you can come join the GRcade crew :wub:

And if you bought any of the Rock Band DLC or discs over the last 10 years then they’re waiting to be downloaded for free


What does Rivals actually give you?


A new career mode rockumentary type thing, new online options and a few crappy songs. It's all stuff that should have been in the main game in the first place and is indicative of how much Harmonix have lost the plot with RB4.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by Peter Crisp » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:23 pm

I bought a drive caddy and bunged in a spare internal 2tb drive so my One X now has a decent amount of storage space :D .

The only problem now is that I can't seem to find a way to format a memory card in fat 32 and I have a 500gb drive in my old og ps4 that won't now work as I can't get it to recognise the bloody firmware :slol: . I literally say up until 5am last night trying to get my laptop (chromebook) or any of my tablets to copy the file onto a perfectly good card and I just can't get the strawberry floating thing working. :fp:
It's a big fat pile of strawberry floating donkey balls :x .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by HSH28 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:39 pm

more heat than light wrote:A new career mode rockumentary type thing, new online options and a few crappy songs. It's all stuff that should have been in the main game in the first place and is indicative of how much Harmonix have lost the plot with RB4.


Kind of figured. What I want to know is if your sole interest in RB is single player, is it worth buying Rivals for the new career mode?

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by Photek » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Morrowind DLC, Dishonored DLC and Fable Remastered for me.

Image
User avatar
myrrh heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by myrrh heat than light » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:56 pm

HSH28 wrote:
more heat than light wrote:A new career mode rockumentary type thing, new online options and a few crappy songs. It's all stuff that should have been in the main game in the first place and is indicative of how much Harmonix have lost the plot with RB4.


Kind of figured. What I want to know is if your sole interest in RB is single player, is it worth buying Rivals for the new career mode?


At that price yeah, it's pretty decent.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by Hime » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Photek wrote:Morrowind DLC, Dishonored DLC and Fable Remastered for me.

Have you played Dishnoured 2 with X1X enhancements? Bought that ready for when I get the console.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by Photek » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:52 am

Hime wrote:
Photek wrote:Morrowind DLC, Dishonored DLC and Fable Remastered for me.

Have you played Dishnoured 2 with X1X enhancements? Bought that ready for when I get the console.

I meant Dishonored 2 DLC, yes I have and it’s gorgeous, main plus though is the frame rate. It juddered a lot for me on X1 but that’s now eliminated.

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by BID0 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:46 am

HSH28 wrote:
BID0 wrote:People need to get the Rock Band deals :shifty:

The game and adapter (allowing you to use your 360 instruments) is £20 at game and the Rovals expansion is in the Xbox sale above I believe. So if you have any old controllers (or a USB/controller microphone) then you can come join the GRcade crew :wub:

And if you bought any of the Rock Band DLC or discs over the last 10 years then they’re waiting to be downloaded for free


What does Rivals actually give you?

It's in the first post of the Rock Band topic but...

  • Online Quickplay: is a synchronous online multiplayer version of the local player mode. Up to 4 players from different consoles pick a song each and jam out together.
  • Rivals: is an asynchronous online multiplayer mode. Team up with other players to create in-game groups called "crews." You and other crews will compete in themed challenges each week, where victories or failures contribute to the entire group's success as a whole. (Xbox Live Gold or PSN+ subscriptions not required)
  • Rockudrama: silly and over-the-top. The new Rockudrama mode gives you the chance to create your band's story, much like VH1's popular Behind the Music series. It combines live-action footage with Rock Band gameplay that creates a personalised "documentary" of your group's rise to stardom.
  • Missions: whichever way you decide to play Rock Band, complete score and novelty based themed mission challenges. Ranging from getting 5 stars on hard difficulties to saving your bandmate 3 times in one song. These missions are regularly updated with new challenges so even if you've managed to complete every one, there could be more coming shortly...
  • 26 Songs (occasionally they add more)
  • Cosmetics: extra character items, venues etc for people who like that kind of stuff :dread:

All of the bug fixes and UI changes are included with the base game.

The Rivals mode is the best thing that's ever been added to Rock Band but I'm not sure how much that would interest you. The GRcade crew is in the top 100 usually at the end of a season.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by rinks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:54 am

I'd gone through the big sale list, but totally missed that Prey is only £15. Reckon I'll have to get that.

And everyone should buy The Sexy Brutale, which is 50% off.

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by Photek » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Buckled and got Destiny 2, mostly cos mate has it but also cos I can play it with my little one.

She's quite the sniper in borderlands so she should be ok at D2. I'll have 2 characters, one for mates and one to play with her. Not sure I want to play it now, might wait till Dec 5th when it gets its X1X update.

Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by rinks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:20 pm

Photek wrote:Buckled and got Destiny 2, mostly cos mate has it but also cos I can play it with my little one.

How does that work? Do you wave it around in front of the Kinect?

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by Photek » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:25 pm

When I wrote that I paused and thought ‘nah, no one will be that immature’ but I’m mistaken. :lol:

Last edited by Photek on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by rinks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Yep, never overestimate me.

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by Death's Head » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:03 pm

rinks wrote:I'd gone through the big sale list, but totally missed that Prey is only £15. Reckon I'll have to get that.

And everyone should buy The Sexy Brutale, which is 50% off.
CEX sell Prey for £10.

Yes?
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: RE: Re: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by rinks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Death's Head wrote:
rinks wrote:I'd gone through the big sale list, but totally missed that Prey is only £15. Reckon I'll have to get that.

And everyone should buy The Sexy Brutale, which is 50% off.
CEX sell Prey for £10.


Cheers, but I'm all-download now, with a few exceptions. Also, CEX. Eww.

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by Frank » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:45 pm

But with CEX you could take it back and trade it back in when you've finished with it. Prey isn't going to keep you occupied indefinitely, is it?

Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by rinks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:19 pm

They'd give £4 for it. Even less by the time I'm done with it. I'd rather keep it in my collection than sell it for such a small amount, and digitally it doesn't clutter up the place. And I don't have to change discs. And I'd pay £4 not to have to go into CEX.

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by Frank » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:22 pm

rinks wrote:I'd pay £4 not to have to go into CEX.


If my maths is right you've just paid £5 for that privilege ;)

Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Black Friday deals have started (p256)
by rinks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Frank wrote:
rinks wrote:I'd pay £4 not to have to go into CEX.


If my maths is right you've just paid £5 for that privilege ;)


I'd factored in the 8% I'll get back in Xbox Rewards.

This is the death of intelligence

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], christmasforever, Dig Dug, jawafour, JediDragon05, kazanova_Frankenstein, Pedz, Peter Crisp, Photek, Trelliz and 56 guests