Xbox One Chat - Back to the Future & Marlow Briggs now free with Gold (p261)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p226)
by Monkey Man » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:09 pm



Xbox Spring Sale starts 11-17 April, 350+ titles, up to 67% off, another 10% for Gold

List of games seen in the video (there will be more once the sale starts):
Gears 4 (Play Anywhere)
Recore (Play anywhere)
Killer instinct definitive edition (Play anywhere)
Silence (Play anywhere)
Astroneer (Play Anywhere)
Halo Wars 2 (Play Anywhere)
Forza Horizon 3 (Play Anywhere)
Overwatch
Watch Dogs 2
Battlefield 1
Titanfall 2
Goat Simulator
Fifa 17
NBA 17
Destiny collection
The escapists
GTA V
Witcher 3
Ryse season pass
Sniper elite 3
Bioshock infinite (360)
The Witcher 2 (360)
Black Ops 2 (360)
South Park Stick of Truth (360)
Xcom Enemy Unknown (360)
Red Dead Redemption (360)
Bully (360)

ImageImage
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by Frank » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:55 pm

What are the chances of some decent reductions on Halo 5? Wish I'd nabbed it from cdkeys when it was £13 now :fp:

Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by KjGarly » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:21 pm

How do you appeal a Live suspension? Some little banana split messaged me after losing a match on Gears 4 trying to insult me about being a noob (He lost, good one banana split) so my exact reply was "Awww did someone lose? Go strawberry float yourself you maggot" and within a space of 2 minutes I get an email from Live stating my account has been suspended over this. So, what its ok for some little twat to start something but suspend the other ones account for giving back?

I'm overjoyed right now that I don't own an Xbox One and Gears 4 is the only game I play through Live on my PC. Little twats still a little twat. Twat.

Image

:fp: Don't give gooseberry fool if you can't take it. And strawberry float Microsoft and Live for their amazing case reviewing techniques. Obviously glanced over everything before I replied to the muppet.

Image Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by BID0 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm not sure you can appeal because they didn't do anything to break the TOS from what I can see.

It's a permanent ban or a temp?

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by KjGarly » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:19 pm

BID0 wrote:I'm not sure you can appeal because they didn't do anything to break the TOS from what I can see.

It's a permanent ban or a temp?


Only a temp till tomorrow night. What he's done is as good as harass/intimidate or an attempt to which backfired. I didn't start a conversation with him and he had zero reason (apart from being gooseberry fool and a banana split) to message me.

Image Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by Trelliz » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:38 pm

The trick is not to respond as there is no way to come back that doesn't make you look mad or salty, or they were trying to bait you into saying something report-worthy. Delete it and move on.

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by KjGarly » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Well doesn't matter anyway I can still play Gears online just can't talk.

Image Image
User avatar
myrrh heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by myrrh heat than light » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:48 pm

You got banned for sending an abusive message, what's the problem? :?

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by KjGarly » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:27 pm

more heat than light wrote:You got banned for sending an abusive message, what's the problem? :?

The problem being some banana split messages me out of the blue because I've been on an opposite team during an online game and wiped the floor with him and probably stopped him either camping a power weapon spawn spot or beating him to it and he's messaged me in a way that I've taken as someone being a whinging little fuckwit who didn't get his own way and has tried belittling me or what the strawberry float ever he's tried to do.

Is that what you, someone who's spent a good deal of time playing on Live, believe to be the norm? I've got the temp Live ban for basically telling him to strawberry float off and god forgive me, I called him a maggot too! Totally ban worthy :simper:

It's an obvious broken enforcement system.

Image Image
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by HSH28 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:36 pm

KjGarly wrote:
more heat than light wrote:You got banned for sending an abusive message, what's the problem? :?

The problem being some banana split messages me out of the blue because I've been on an opposite team during an online game and wiped the floor with him and probably stopped him either camping a power weapon spawn spot or beating him to it and he's messaged me in a way that I've taken as someone being a whinging little fuckwit who didn't get his own way and has tried belittling me or what the strawberry float ever he's tried to do.

Is that what you, someone who's spent a good deal of time playing on Live, believe to be the norm? I've got the temp Live ban for basically telling him to strawberry float off and god forgive me, I called him a maggot too! Totally ban worthy :simper:

It's an obvious broken enforcement system.


If you think its ok to tell someone to 'Go strawberry float themselves' for whatever reason, then its you that has the issue.

It really doesn't matter that whoever it was messaged you out of the blue, it doesn't entitle you to send that message. In fact no matter what he said you aren't entitled to send that message.

Its a perfectly legitimate response to ban you for that kind of behaviour.

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by BID0 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:50 pm

KjGarly wrote:
more heat than light wrote:You got banned for sending an abusive message, what's the problem? :?

The problem being some banana split messages me out of the blue because I've been on an opposite team during an online game and wiped the floor with him and probably stopped him either camping a power weapon spawn spot or beating him to it and he's messaged me in a way that I've taken as someone being a whinging little fuckwit who didn't get his own way and has tried belittling me or what the strawberry float ever he's tried to do.

Is that what you, someone who's spent a good deal of time playing on Live, believe to be the norm? I've got the temp Live ban for basically telling him to strawberry float off and god forgive me, I called him a maggot too! Totally ban worthy :simper:

It's an obvious broken enforcement system.

You have yet to experience Live if you think that's bad :shifty: usually you'll get audio messages calling you a ******/cheater/they're coming to your house to strawberry float your mums throat. There's nothing more satisfying than turning on the Xbox one day to find one of those kind of messages in your inbox because you really got to someone the last time you played online :slol:

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by Trelliz » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Xbox hate mail thread? Time to start with a classic:

Image

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
myrrh heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by myrrh heat than light » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:26 pm

Yeah basically be an adult and don't reply. If you're really that bothered then you can also use the reporting system, that's what it's there for. If you're sensible on Xbox Live then you don't get banned, simple as.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by KjGarly » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:00 pm

HSH28 wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
more heat than light wrote:You got banned for sending an abusive message, what's the problem? :?

The problem being some banana split messages me out of the blue because I've been on an opposite team during an online game and wiped the floor with him and probably stopped him either camping a power weapon spawn spot or beating him to it and he's messaged me in a way that I've taken as someone being a whinging little fuckwit who didn't get his own way and has tried belittling me or what the strawberry float ever he's tried to do.

Is that what you, someone who's spent a good deal of time playing on Live, believe to be the norm? I've got the temp Live ban for basically telling him to strawberry float off and god forgive me, I called him a maggot too! Totally ban worthy :simper:

It's an obvious broken enforcement system.


If you think its ok to tell someone to 'Go strawberry float themselves' for whatever reason, then its you that has the issue.

It really doesn't matter that whoever it was messaged you out of the blue, it doesn't entitle you to send that message. In fact no matter what he said you aren't entitled to send that message.

Its a perfectly legitimate response to ban you for that kind of behaviour.


You message me, wether or not it contains cursing, trying to insult me because your gooseberry fool at something then I am fully entitled to respond however I want. I'm sure we all get a little angry when playing gooseberry fool or your teams a bag of wank, I know I do when it happens but I've never messaged anyone when I've lost and called them anything and it's like you and mhtl just can't seem to see that and actually think it's ok he's done that but me telling him to strawberry float off is just plain wrong :slol:

The internet sure is full of some right weirdos :dread:

Image Image
bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by bear » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:11 pm

I'm guessing your use of maggot triggered some weird filter they have in case someone uses the term ****** and the person going out of their way to be a div towards you must have known that when they reported you.


I recommend watching a bunch of shoot style wrestling interviews on YouTube and learning to be more creative in your style of insult.

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by HSH28 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:35 pm

KjGarly wrote:You message me, wether or not it contains cursing, trying to insult me because your gooseberry fool at something then I am fully entitled to respond however I want. I'm sure we all get a little angry when playing gooseberry fool or your teams a bag of wank, I know I do when it happens but I've never messaged anyone when I've lost and called them anything and it's like you and mhtl just can't seem to see that and actually think it's ok he's done that but me telling him to strawberry float off is just plain wrong :slol:

The internet sure is full of some right weirdos :dread:


I'm going to try this one more time because I don't think you understand.

Whatever this guy (or anyone) sends to you for whatever reason (good, bad, totally ridiculous), it does not entitle you to abuse that person.

It just doesn't. Either report him if you think it warrants it or delete the message, hell block the guy if you want to. Those things are all totally legitimate responses, written abuse is not.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by Photek » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:49 pm

I just report and block plebs.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by jawafour » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:58 pm

Photek wrote:I just report and block plebs.

Yeah, I just block them on my PS4. I sometimes get silly/abusive messages when playing PES. On one occasion I did reply (as some guy said I was using a "cheat team" and I didn't know what he was going on about!) but the rest just get blocked.

There really are some strange people in the online gaming world.

Image <<< Thanks to Hyperion for my ace Christmas sig :wub: Image > Enter Mastaba
PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by PES Fan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:42 am

I agree with Hugo.

If he just called you a noob, I think the response you gave him was extreme. You should have laughed at him or blocked him. I find laughing at them angers the trolls more and they tend to slip up by sending you abusive message. Which you then report and MS tend to deal with this quite swiftly.

MS don't really care about gooseberry fool talking in game chat unless it is racist. But once you start messaging people in private then you gotta be careful with what you say.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Spring Sale starts 11th April (p227)
by KjGarly » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:02 pm

bear wrote:I'm guessing your use of maggot triggered some weird filter they have in case someone uses the term ****** and the person going out of their way to be a div towards you must have known that when they reported you.


I recommend watching a bunch of shoot style wrestling interviews on YouTube and learning to be more creative in your style of insult.


Image

Hows about that one then? Better :datass: Gotten to at its finest :lol:

That was from another game of Gears just now and all because I had an Enforcer equipped along with a Gnasher. Currently uploading a vid showing exactly which of the 2 weapons I demolished their team with. Oh and there was another player sending the 'abuse' too. Oh oh and using the Xbox app on my phone is a way around the temp ban with messages :slol: well strawberry floating done Microsoftcunts.

Image Image

Return to “Games”