Xbox One Chat - May Xbox Update Available & Introducing the Xbox Adaptive Controller (p289)

Our best bits.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by Peter Crisp » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:29 am

I hope at E3 we get a chance to see the options they are going for with VR and AR.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a Scorpio but I'm wondering if I can get away with buying a VR unit that has a better screen than PSVR which has a great screen but isn't 4k.
I'm hoping we see a few versions for all price ranges and see where VR can go from here when linked to something as powerful as Scorpio.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by NickSCFC » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:55 am

Peter Crisp wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a Scorpio but I'm wondering if I can get away with buying a VR unit that has a better screen than PSVR which has a great screen but isn't 4k.


Acer's headset is 1440p

https://uploadvr.com/gdc-2017-microsoft ... ay-season/

Image Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by Peter Crisp » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:47 pm

It'll be interesting to see how much difference that makes.
Am I right in thinking I could use PSVR on the Scorpio with cinema mode?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by rinks » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Loads of things that I've not seen in sales before. But the highlight, hidden among all that lot: Assassin’s Creed Rogue. Got massively overlooked because it was "last gen" and everyone was lining up to kick Unity. If you liked Black Flag but never got round to this, it's one of the best in the series - and it's now BC too.

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by Photek » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:36 pm

It's not better than Black Flag though right? Still haven't finished it, did all the side quests in my ship though! :datass:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by Trelliz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:34 am

Photek wrote:It's not better than Black Flag though right? Still haven't finished it, did all the side quests in my ship though! :datass:


Its probably as good but not better, although the storyline adds some interesting context and neatly ties up the americas games into Unity at the end.

Tragic Magic wrote:It's so pink when he bangs it on teh floor. Pi mm p boy pink.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by rinks » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:52 am

Trelliz wrote:
Photek wrote:It's not better than Black Flag though right? Still haven't finished it, did all the side quests in my ship though! :datass:


Its probably as good but not better, although the storyline adds some interesting context and neatly ties up the americas games into Unity at the end.


Yeah, that sums it up well. It's basically the same gameplay as Black Flag - a good thing (but maybe there's a major twist...). Think of it like a full-size version of an expansion pack.

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by Photek » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:28 am

rinks wrote:
Trelliz wrote:
Photek wrote:It's not better than Black Flag though right? Still haven't finished it, did all the side quests in my ship though! :datass:


Its probably as good but not better, although the storyline adds some interesting context and neatly ties up the americas games into Unity at the end.


Yeah, that sums it up well. It's basically the same gameplay as Black Flag - a good thing (but maybe there's a major twist...). Think of it like a full-size version of an expansion pack.

Bought. :shifty:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by rinks » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:42 am

Photek wrote:
rinks wrote:
Trelliz wrote:
Photek wrote:It's not better than Black Flag though right? Still haven't finished it, did all the side quests in my ship though! :datass:


Its probably as good but not better, although the storyline adds some interesting context and neatly ties up the americas games into Unity at the end.


Yeah, that sums it up well. It's basically the same gameplay as Black Flag - a good thing (but maybe there's a major twist...). Think of it like a full-size version of an expansion pack.

Bought. :shifty:

Also, the lead character is Irish. Not that you'd guess from his name.

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by Photek » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:37 pm

rinks wrote:
Photek wrote:
rinks wrote:
Trelliz wrote:
Photek wrote:It's not better than Black Flag though right? Still haven't finished it, did all the side quests in my ship though! :datass:


Its probably as good but not better, although the storyline adds some interesting context and neatly ties up the americas games into Unity at the end.


Yeah, that sums it up well. It's basically the same gameplay as Black Flag - a good thing (but maybe there's a major twist...). Think of it like a full-size version of an expansion pack.

Bought. :shifty:

Also, the lead character is Irish. Not that you'd guess from his name.

:D
Really Irish or some dude putting on accent? It's St Patricks Day on Friday, might treat myself to a few hours of this. :shifty:

After a quick google, he's played by a Canadian who apparently does a terrible Irish Accent. Such a shame.

The only games in recent Memories that had proper Irish Accents are Bioshock and Shadowman.

Last edited by Photek on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by Pedz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 pm

They used a real Welsh person in Black Flag, so I'd assume they used an Irish person in Rogue. Could be wrong though.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by Photek » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Pedz wrote:They used a real Welsh person in Black Flag, so I'd assume they used an Irish person in Rogue. Could be wrong though.

After a quick google, he's played by a Canadian who apparently does a terrible Irish Accent. Such a shame.

The only games in recent memory that had proper Irish Accents are Bioshock and Shadowman.

Loved Edward Kenway though. :wub:

Listened to a bit of it and its not BAD, tis a bit 'begorrah' but passable, also X1 version is roughtly 7-10 frames faster. :datass:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by Moggy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:52 pm

To be sure, to be sure it's a real Irishman in the game, begorrah! Top o' da mornin' to ya. Where's me lucky charms?

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - This Weeks Deals (p221)
by Photek » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Evolved out now!

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Evolve & Heavy weapon now free with Gold
by more heat than light » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:40 am

Finally got the new dashboard. It's ugly, but rapid as strawberry float.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Evolve & Heavy weapon now free with Gold
by rinks » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:52 pm

more heat than light wrote:Finally got the new dashboard. It's ugly, but rapid as strawberry float.

Which is the new one? I've lost track of whether I've got the latest or not.

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Evolve & Heavy weapon now free with Gold
by Photek » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:17 pm

One button press brings up guide.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Evolve & Heavy weapon now free with Gold
by rinks » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Photek wrote:One button press brings up guide.

Oh, right, yeah. I thought there might be another one since. Took some getting used to, and it's a shame to see Snap go, but it's much better.

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Evolve & Heavy weapon now free with Gold
by BID0 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:36 pm

It's officially released now? Including the 2 controllers as 1 controller helper feature thing?

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Evolve & Heavy weapon now free with Gold
by IAmTheSaladMan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:37 pm

I've never played an XBONE but I still lament the loss of the blades back on 360.

Image

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests