Xbox One Chat - Xbox One X pre-orders out now!!!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders Starting Today
by Gemini73 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:34 am

more heat than light wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:I sold my S back in Jan, but at the time the UI was a horrible, cluttered mess. I've not seen anything different since to say this is no longer the case. The more MS add the worse the UI seems to get.


the current dash is the best it's ever been.


Not a high bar to overcome.

If there's still miles of room for improvement that says it must still be pretty gooseberry fool overall.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Errkal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:43 am

I'm not a great fan of the current dash, it is far too easy to skip a page by accident and not be where you think you are.

Also something like "Turn Off" seems to be far far too many steps away when you want it.

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by more heat than light » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 am

I've said it before, what the dash really needs is more customisation options. If you buy a phone or a pc you can make it look however you like, but for some reason consoles are totally different. I shouldn't have to have a whole tab for Mixer if I never use it.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Photek » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:55 am

I honestly think the only thing that currently annoys me is the pins, going from guide to pins is quite slow, with pins being IN the guide in update it'll greatly reduce that. At the end of the day, I spend less than a minute on Home screen before I'm in a game and in a party, so it's not like it impacts much.

I see my daughter is playing Roblox again! :fp:

Image
bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by bear » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:06 pm

Errkal wrote:I'm not a great fan of the current dash, it is far too easy to skip a page by accident and not be where you think you are.

Also something like "Turn Off" seems to be far far too many steps away when you want it.

Holding the guide button for a few seconds hardly seems like too many steps.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Errkal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:08 pm

bear wrote:
Errkal wrote:I'm not a great fan of the current dash, it is far too easy to skip a page by accident and not be where you think you are.

Also something like "Turn Off" seems to be far far too many steps away when you want it.

Holding the guide button for a few seconds hardly seems like too many steps.

I didn't know you could do that, I was under the impression you have to do "Xbox Button" down to the settings then "Turn off"

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Photek » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:15 pm

:lol:

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Lagamorph » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Errkal wrote:
bear wrote:
Errkal wrote:I'm not a great fan of the current dash, it is far too easy to skip a page by accident and not be where you think you are.

Also something like "Turn Off" seems to be far far too many steps away when you want it.

Holding the guide button for a few seconds hardly seems like too many steps.

I didn't know you could do that, I was under the impression you have to do "Xbox Button" down to the settings then "Turn off"

That option has been there since the launch of the 360....

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Errkal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Errkal wrote:
bear wrote:
Errkal wrote:I'm not a great fan of the current dash, it is far too easy to skip a page by accident and not be where you think you are.

Also something like "Turn Off" seems to be far far too many steps away when you want it.

Holding the guide button for a few seconds hardly seems like too many steps.

I didn't know you could do that, I was under the impression you have to do "Xbox Button" down to the settings then "Turn off"

That option has been there since the launch of the 360....

hahaha didn't know it as on 360 either, I used to tap the xbox button and go over to shutdown....

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Errkal wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Errkal wrote:
bear wrote:
Errkal wrote:I'm not a great fan of the current dash, it is far too easy to skip a page by accident and not be where you think you are.

Also something like "Turn Off" seems to be far far too many steps away when you want it.

Holding the guide button for a few seconds hardly seems like too many steps.

I didn't know you could do that, I was under the impression you have to do "Xbox Button" down to the settings then "Turn off"

That option has been there since the launch of the 360....

hahaha didn't know it as on 360 either, I used to tap the xbox button and go over to shutdown....


You're kidding me.

Image Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Errkal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Errkal wrote:
bear wrote:
Errkal wrote:I'm not a great fan of the current dash, it is far too easy to skip a page by accident and not be where you think you are.

Also something like "Turn Off" seems to be far far too many steps away when you want it.

Holding the guide button for a few seconds hardly seems like too many steps.

I didn't know you could do that, I was under the impression you have to do "Xbox Button" down to the settings then "Turn off"

That option has been there since the launch of the 360....

hahaha didn't know it as on 360 either, I used to tap the xbox button and go over to shutdown....


You're kidding me.

Nope, I always thought that was the only want to do it.

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by more heat than light » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Scenes. :lol:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Monkey Man » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm

11min vid on the update from Windows Central -


ImageImage
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by BID0 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Don't hold the Xbox button too long though otherwise it'll turn the controller off.

That was really annoying when the Xbox was so slow to react to controller commands and you couldn't tell how long you'd been holding it down for

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Photek » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:35 pm

BID0 wrote:Don't hold the Xbox button too long though otherwise it'll turn the controller off.

That was really annoying when the Xbox was so slow to react to controller commands and you couldn't tell how long you'd been holding it down for

Ah yes, remember when an achievement popped up or a friends message and you could hold button to read but it would come up with option to turn off? :lol: :fp:

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by BID0 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Photek wrote:
BID0 wrote:Don't hold the Xbox button too long though otherwise it'll turn the controller off.

That was really annoying when the Xbox was so slow to react to controller commands and you couldn't tell how long you'd been holding it down for

Ah yes, remember when an achievement popped up or a friends message and you could hold button to read but it would come up with option to turn off? :lol: :fp:

I used to hold the button down to turn the console off and the turn off menu didn't pop up so I'd end up turning the controller off because it was held down so long. The. I'd be swearing at the console because no buttons were working :lol:

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Peter Crisp » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:45 pm

They really are leaving it late to start pre-orders the the X.
Surely they must begin this weekend or next.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Moggy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:57 pm

Errkal. :lol:

User avatar
SugarDave
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by SugarDave » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:58 pm

The Xbox One S is a bloody lovely looking box. The stormtrooper controller too.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Latest Xbox Update Releases to Insiders
by Errkal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:29 pm

The long press works awesomely!


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, black stig, Finish.Last, Google [Bot], IAmTheSaladMan, Lagamorph, lex-man, Trelliz and 40 guests