Xbox One Chat - Game Awards sale now on (p260)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Rog » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:48 pm

[iup=3556982]Photek[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3556980]Monkey Man[/iup] wrote:Pretty funny ad. Even funnier reading how mad people are getting at it. Doing a good job.

I have no idea why anyone would get mad over it. :lol:


No one is mad. I am laughing at their stupidity.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Photek » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:49 pm

Image

Image
User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Mafrozen » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:56 pm

gg

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Zellery » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:00 pm

I see that this thread is the exact same as the old one then.

User avatar
Delusibeta
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Canyon

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Delusibeta » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:18 pm

[iup=3556998]Zellery[/iup] wrote:I see that this thread is the exact same as the old one then.

In that it's filled with bitter Xbox fanboys that are super-easy to upset? Agreed.

User avatar
cooldawn
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by cooldawn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:23 pm

[iup=3556987]Rog[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3556982]Photek[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3556980]Monkey Man[/iup] wrote:Pretty funny ad. Even funnier reading how mad people are getting at it. Doing a good job.

I have no idea why anyone would get mad over it. :lol:


No one is mad. I am laughing at their stupidity.

And desperation.

EDIT: Actually this can't be true. It didn't happen.

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Death's Head » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:25 pm

It is a good idea, but they are right it does smell, given as people have said the likes of TR and other games where they've stuck the Xbox logo onto the end of adverts. Maybe a more appropriate advert would have been an MS labelled bottle of medicine and MS could have said "now we get a taste of our own medicine".

Yes?
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Buffalo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:32 pm

It seems kinda petulant and has more than a whiff of double standards. Funny to see the usual Xbots kicking off.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Photek » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:37 pm

Good to see that the mods have read up on the Mod code of conduct. :dread:

Image
User avatar
Delusibeta
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Canyon

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Delusibeta » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:44 pm

[iup=3557029]Buffalo[/iup] wrote:It seems kinda petulant and has more than a whiff of double standards. Funny to see the usual Xbots kicking off.

Pretty much, yeah, considering they've had a similar marketing deal with Call of Duty for literally years and announced a similar deal with Assassin's Creed.

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Monkey Man » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:49 pm

Skype 1.8 for Xbox One now has photo viewing and enhanced Snap experience

Since we launched Skype for Xbox One*, we’ve been listening to your feedback and continuing to make updates to improve your Skype experience. With this update, we’re excited to add the ability to view photos from mobile devices; we’re also continuing to evolve Snap functionality, which we announced a few months ago.

Skype 1.8 for Xbox One allows you to view photos sent from mobile phones on Skype for Xbox One. Skype users from Windows Phone and iOS mobile devices can now share pictures with Skype for Xbox One users either in a 1:1 or group chat. If there are multiple photos being shared, you can start a slide show to view all the photos, right on your large screen.

In addition to photo sharing, we’ve worked hard to bring you more improvements to Skype in Snap mode, such as:
•You’ll now see friends and family more clearly when Skype is in Snap mode. The frame rate has doubled and the size of the video window has increased.
•You can now answer a call in Snap mode while using other apps using voice controls. This means, if you’re watching TV or playing a game and you get a Skype call, when you say “Xbox answer,” the call will automatically Snap, and won’t interrupt your TV or gaming experience. Or, if you prefer, you can also change your Skype settings to answer a call in full screen.
•Now, you can view your recent and favorite contacts and make calls directly from Skype in Snap mode instead of having to go into the full screen Skype experience.
•You’ll also see previews of messages you may have received while Skype is Snapped, and easily go to full screen to respond.

http://blogs.skype.com/2014/09/03/skype ... Id=9494701

ImageImage
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Monkey Man » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:51 pm


ImageImage
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Photek » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:54 pm

:lol:

Image
User avatar
jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by jamcc » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Rog wrote:What? No. They are complaining about not being able to advertise Destiny and saying it's dodgy with the whole bad smell thing. That is one of their own tactics :lol: Plus the whole Tomb Raider timed exclusive deal is loads worse than still getting the game but not advertise it. Desperately trying to smear Sony but making themselves look worse in the process.


Really? I've come into this cold and I don't see it like that. I'm not sure if the perfume-bad smell analogy actually holds any truth to it but I guess you'd know better than me.

I saw it as quite a clever marketing loophole, to be honest.

I think some people need to just chill and stop getting so worked up about the Sony-Microsoft rivalry. I guess the PS4 owners are bored because they don't have a new IP worth playing whereas Xboners - in Titanfall - have one of the best multiplayer shooters of all time?

gooseberry fool. I started this post not meaning to get involved. :fp:

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Buffalo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:45 pm

jamcc wrote:Titanfall...one of the best multiplayer shooters of all time.


A bold claim. Personally it doesn't hold a candle to at least 5 I can reel off the top of my head.

Image
User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Zellery » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:46 pm

[iup=3557006]Delusibeta[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3556998]Zellery[/iup] wrote:I see that this thread is the exact same as the old one then.

In that it's filled with bitter Xbox fanboys that are super-easy to upset? Agreed.

That and people like you.

User avatar
Gandalf
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Gandalf » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:52 pm

[iup=3557158]jamcc[/iup] wrote:
Rog wrote:What? No. They are complaining about not being able to advertise Destiny and saying it's dodgy with the whole bad smell thing. That is one of their own tactics :lol: Plus the whole Tomb Raider timed exclusive deal is loads worse than still getting the game but not advertise it. Desperately trying to smear Sony but making themselves look worse in the process.


Really? I've come into this cold and I don't see it like that. I'm not sure if the perfume-bad smell analogy actually holds any truth to it but I guess you'd know better than me.

I saw it as quite a clever marketing loophole, to be honest.

I think some people need to just chill and stop getting so worked up about the Sony-Microsoft rivalry. I guess the PS4 owners are bored because they don't have a new IP worth playing whereas Xboners - in Titanfall - have one of the best multiplayer shooters of all time?

gooseberry fool. I started this post not meaning to get involved. :fp:



This! A load of you are acting like a bunch of ten year olds! Grow the strawberry float up! :roll:

User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goodbye Mr Bond

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Fuzzy Dunlop » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:06 pm

jamcc wrote:I guess the PS4 owners are bored because they don't have a new IP worth playing whereas Xboners - in Titanfall - have one of the best multiplayer shooters of all time?


Image

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by Photek » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:12 pm

I didnt even think of Sony when seeing advert yet the SDF came in here to post about it then when Xbox One owners get miffed we get called out as Xbots. This place is a melter sometimes.

I go into the Driveclub thread and get strawberry floating battered. Place is so skewed its beyond Blatant.

Image
User avatar
jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One Chat - Free Forza 5 for 3 days from Today (p3)
by jamcc » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:34 pm

Buffalo wrote:
jamcc wrote:Titanfall...one of the best multiplayer shooters of all time.


A bold claim. Personally it doesn't hold a candle to at least 5 I can reel off the top of my head.


I hope your list of five doesn't include any games with the word 'duty' anywhere in their title.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 40 guests