Xbox One X - out now!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Jordan UK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Jordan UK » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:10 pm

HSH28 wrote:
Preezy wrote:Hang on, that image doesn't look that impressive, am I missing something? The player model looks nice, but the rest just looks standard, not that you can see much else because of all the sun.


Its stunning compared to how the game looks on a standard Xbox, basically it normally the resolution is so low that the image quality is noticeably blurry.


It's definitely a game that's more impressive in motion with the time effects warping and distorting the play space, and particles flying everywhere. The resolution was always very low. It even played like a dog on my i7 1080 PC gaming machine.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:34 pm

A few further screenshots of Quantum Break. :simper:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


And a few gifs:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by BID0 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 pm

installed the disc and downloaded the 77GB update last night so I should be able to get started on this now. Is this single player only?

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:10 pm

BID0 wrote:installed the disc and downloaded the 77GB update last night so I should be able to get started on this now. Is this single player only?

It is single player...did you accidentally download the tv show? (shown in between acts?) cos it's streamable...

4K upgrade wasn't 77gb afaik.

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by BID0 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Photek wrote:
BID0 wrote:installed the disc and downloaded the 77GB update last night so I should be able to get started on this now. Is this single player only?

It is single player...did you accidentally download the tv show? (shown in between acts?) cos it's streamable...

4K upgrade wasn't 77gb afaik.

I was hoping that was the 4K update. I knew about the videos too (there was a big fuss about that at launch I seem to remember)

How do I know if I have the 4K update? :x

I'm not too bothered about space, I only play a handful of games at any one time (I'm not like everyone else here who seems to have 100 games on the go at once)

User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by CuriousOyster » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:03 pm

BID0 wrote:
Photek wrote:
BID0 wrote:installed the disc and downloaded the 77GB update last night so I should be able to get started on this now. Is this single player only?

It is single player...did you accidentally download the tv show? (shown in between acts?) cos it's streamable...

4K upgrade wasn't 77gb afaik.

I was hoping that was the 4K update. I knew about the videos too (there was a big fuss about that at launch I seem to remember)

How do I know if I have the 4K update? :x

I'm not too bothered about space, I only play a handful of games at any one time (I'm not like everyone else here who seems to have 100 games on the go at once)


https://www.windowscentral.com/how-download-xbox-one-x-4k-game-assets-your-regular-xbox-one

About halfway down theres a guide to check if 4k assets are installed, they talked about this on Giant Bomb last week. Pretty cool.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Titanfall 2 fixed.


Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Hime » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Photek wrote:Titanfall 2 fixed.


Can't wait to give that a go. Something I have been thinking about is if you jump up with the X and a decent TV how do you know how much of the improvement is the Tv and how much is the console.

Not that I really give a gooseberry fool, just something to ponder.

Image
User avatar
_/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by _/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:52 pm

Image

it's what an Xbox One X Project Scorpio edition looks like just before it dies. in this case, my Scorpio.
for a few days it kept telling me there was a problem with syncing saves and difficulty signing in and then the above.

nice talk with MS and they are coming to pick it up, oh well...

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by BID0 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 pm

CuriousOyster wrote:
BID0 wrote:
Photek wrote:
BID0 wrote:installed the disc and downloaded the 77GB update last night so I should be able to get started on this now. Is this single player only?

It is single player...did you accidentally download the tv show? (shown in between acts?) cos it's streamable...

4K upgrade wasn't 77gb afaik.

I was hoping that was the 4K update. I knew about the videos too (there was a big fuss about that at launch I seem to remember)

How do I know if I have the 4K update? :x

I'm not too bothered about space, I only play a handful of games at any one time (I'm not like everyone else here who seems to have 100 games on the go at once)


https://www.windowscentral.com/how-download-xbox-one-x-4k-game-assets-your-regular-xbox-one

About halfway down theres a guide to check if 4k assets are installed, they talked about this on Giant Bomb last week. Pretty cool.

Thanks! Looks like it’s 4K ready now by following that guide, however it doesn’t look like it’s finished downloading updates overnight, still 50GB to go so I won’t be playing it tonight

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by KjGarly » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:25 pm

BID0 wrote:
CuriousOyster wrote:
BID0 wrote:
Photek wrote:
BID0 wrote:installed the disc and downloaded the 77GB update last night so I should be able to get started on this now. Is this single player only?

It is single player...did you accidentally download the tv show? (shown in between acts?) cos it's streamable...

4K upgrade wasn't 77gb afaik.

I was hoping that was the 4K update. I knew about the videos too (there was a big fuss about that at launch I seem to remember)

How do I know if I have the 4K update? :x

I'm not too bothered about space, I only play a handful of games at any one time (I'm not like everyone else here who seems to have 100 games on the go at once)


https://www.windowscentral.com/how-download-xbox-one-x-4k-game-assets-your-regular-xbox-one

About halfway down theres a guide to check if 4k assets are installed, they talked about this on Giant Bomb last week. Pretty cool.

Thanks! Looks like it’s 4K ready now by following that guide, however it doesn’t look like it’s finished downloading updates overnight, still 50GB to go so I won’t be playing it tonight


That 70-odd GB is the HD cutscenes, you can delete them and just stream the inbetween levels episodes.

Image Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by BID0 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 pm

I think my Xbox is on it’s last legs. Sounds quite loud playing Quantum Break (like it’s reading from the disc/disc spinning) and my Xbox just froze and blue screened in to the second section of act 1 :|

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by KK » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Guess we'll see in time if there's some sort of widespread problems with the X or whether it's just being magnified by the internet.

Wouldn't be the first launch console to be plauged by issues though, it's almost tradition (apart from Nintendo).

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Peter Crisp » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:45 pm

My machine has been working fine so far but I've not been using it much.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:43 pm

Recore is 4K now too. Put it on to see how it looked and it’s sharp af but forgot how much fun it is, got sucked back in.

Image
User avatar
HailToTheKingBaby!
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by HailToTheKingBaby! » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:06 am

Photek wrote:Recore is 4K now too. Put it on to see how it looked and it’s sharp af but forgot how much fun it is, got sucked back in.


Read the patch is only 1440p not full 4k.. bit disappointing if that's the case. It's a good game but not a massive looker visually and you'd think if GoW4/Rise Of The Tomb Raider/Shadow Of War can hit native 4k then I don't see why this should struggle. It's not like they've included a 60fps option which could explain it.. hopefully just a case of lazy optimization as it's a bit more of a niche game but as it's MS published you'd think they'd have put more effort behind it unless it was just badly optimized from the start and be too much work to give it a full 4k treatment.

https://www.windowscentral.com/recore-x ... on-support

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:09 am

It’s made with Unity so I presume the engine is the problem.

Image
User avatar
HailToTheKingBaby!
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by HailToTheKingBaby! » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:27 am

Wish they'd go back and give Sunset Overdrive a 4K and HDR makeover and a few other enhancements.. already looks pretty amazing so should look incredible if they updated it to take advantage of the X's extra power.

Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by KjGarly » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:15 am

HailToTheKingBaby! wrote:
Photek wrote:Recore is 4K now too. Put it on to see how it looked and it’s sharp af but forgot how much fun it is, got sucked back in.


Read the patch is only 1440p not full 4k.. bit disappointing if that's the case. It's a good game but not a massive looker visually and you'd think if GoW4/Rise Of The Tomb Raider/Shadow Of War can hit native 4k then I don't see why this should struggle. It's not like they've included a 60fps option which could explain it.. hopefully just a case of lazy optimization as it's a bit more of a niche game but as it's MS published you'd think they'd have put more effort behind it unless it was just badly optimized from the start and be too much work to give it a full 4k treatment.

https://www.windowscentral.com/recore-x ... on-support


It's not 60fps? I play it at 1440p/60fps on my PC no problem.

Image Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 am

KjGarly wrote:
HailToTheKingBaby! wrote:
Photek wrote:Recore is 4K now too. Put it on to see how it looked and it’s sharp af but forgot how much fun it is, got sucked back in.


Read the patch is only 1440p not full 4k.. bit disappointing if that's the case. It's a good game but not a massive looker visually and you'd think if GoW4/Rise Of The Tomb Raider/Shadow Of War can hit native 4k then I don't see why this should struggle. It's not like they've included a 60fps option which could explain it.. hopefully just a case of lazy optimization as it's a bit more of a niche game but as it's MS published you'd think they'd have put more effort behind it unless it was just badly optimized from the start and be too much work to give it a full 4k treatment.

https://www.windowscentral.com/recore-x ... on-support


It's not 60fps? I play it at 1440p/60fps on my PC no problem.

I hope it gets a 60fps option.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Parksey and 30 guests