Monkey Man wrote:[Gamasutra] Q&A: With Scorpio rising, Phil Spencer looks to the future of Xbox - http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2958 ... f_Xbox.php
That's a good meaty interview with much new info. A couple of tidbits:
* Backwards compatibility can maintain the active userbase & profitability of games with a long shelf life like GTA:V.
* Spencer's desire for backwards compatibility (he says) comes from a desire for gamers to retain access to older or defunct titles of special merit.
* Microsoft were developing an XBO 1.5 for launch in 2016 but pulled it opting for a Scorpio launch in 2017. (Surely the PS4 Pro leaks must have been a factor?)
* Microsoft accepted an invitation to visit Sony's VR team, and Sony visited Microsoft's HoloLens team.
* Phil Spencer has two daughters (It's the first thing I've read about his personal life).