Xbox One X - out now!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by KK » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:05 am

Apparently Super Lucky's Tale is worth buying according to Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... ale-review

It's only 20 quid.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:06 pm


Image
User avatar
Jordan UK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Jordan UK » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Photek wrote:


Yep. It's an incredible upgrade. I might play through the game again to experience it all in 4k. Might wait for a HDR patch as well, though.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:25 pm

I think I'm gonna go through it again also with some skulls on to increase score attack points. I'll check achievements I've yet to unlock in campaign.
Edit:
40g for finding all Intel.
40g for finding all skulls.
50g Complete a mission in Score Attack with at least 500k points
60g Complete a Warzone Firefight match on 6 maps. (surprised I havent got this one)

That Titanfall 2 update was only 24mb but apparently fixes the resolution bug. A patch that small points to something tiny going wonky.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:41 pm


:o

Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Hime » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Photek wrote:I think I'm gonna go through it again also with some skulls on to increase score attack points. I'll check achievements I've yet to unlock in campaign.
Edit:
40g for finding all Intel.
40g for finding all skulls.
50g Complete a mission in Score Attack with at least 500k points
60g Complete a Warzone Firefight match on 6 maps. (surprised I havent got this one)

That Titanfall 2 update was only 24mb but apparently fixes the resolution bug. A patch that small points to something tiny going wonky.

I'd be up for some Co-op with some GRcade folks?

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Not sure what I'm at tonight but I'd be up for co-op over the weekend at some stage. Gears 4 also... :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Brerlappin » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Photek wrote:
:o


God I remember the days when most console owners would argue that you couldn't see anything higher than 30fps and that 60fps wasn't cinematic enough. :lol: To be fair tho its next to impossible to tell if a game is over 60fps, some people claim 144fps is the new 60 but ive yet to notice a big difference once you go higher than 60

Ste
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: ScouseStevmed
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Ste » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Hime wrote:
Photek wrote:I think I'm gonna go through it again also with some skulls on to increase score attack points. I'll check achievements I've yet to unlock in campaign.
Edit:
40g for finding all Intel.
40g for finding all skulls.
50g Complete a mission in Score Attack with at least 500k points
60g Complete a Warzone Firefight match on 6 maps. (surprised I havent got this one)

That Titanfall 2 update was only 24mb but apparently fixes the resolution bug. A patch that small points to something tiny going wonky.


I'd be up for some Co-op with some GRcade folks?


If you can both be on Sat or Sunday afternoon (say 1-3) I'll buy it and join to.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
Photek wrote:
:o


God I remember the days when most console owners would argue that you couldn't see anything higher than 30fps and that 60fps wasn't cinematic enough. :lol: To be fair tho its next to impossible to tell if a game is over 60fps, some people claim 144fps is the new 60 but ive yet to notice a big difference once you go higher than 60

I've never said 30fps wasn't cinematic but a locked 30fps can be good, I mean Forza Horizon 3 is 30fps and excellent. I see AC Unity is now locked at 30 on X1X and I liked what I played, I'll think ill download it again. As I said the enhanced games with higher frame rates are probably like what they are on PC's but with the super sampling thrown in it's quite the jump from a base X1.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Ste wrote:
Hime wrote:
Photek wrote:I think I'm gonna go through it again also with some skulls on to increase score attack points. I'll check achievements I've yet to unlock in campaign.
Edit:
40g for finding all Intel.
40g for finding all skulls.
50g Complete a mission in Score Attack with at least 500k points
60g Complete a Warzone Firefight match on 6 maps. (surprised I havent got this one)

That Titanfall 2 update was only 24mb but apparently fixes the resolution bug. A patch that small points to something tiny going wonky.


I'd be up for some Co-op with some GRcade folks?


If you can both be on Sat or Sunday afternoon (say 1-3) I'll buy it and join to.

It's €17 on cdkeys

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/halo-5-guardians-xbox-one

Gears 4 and Halo 5 bundle for €35

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/gears-of-war-4-and-halo-5-guardians-bundle/c3dt5h21q8mc

Sorry for Euro's I don't know exchange rate.

I can play but I will have a 7 year old to look after so might have to go off for a few mins at a time.

If you're want to play Halo 5 though kick off download soon, its 105gb on X1X.

Image
Ste
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: ScouseStevmed
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Ste » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Photek wrote:
Ste wrote:
Hime wrote:
Photek wrote:I think I'm gonna go through it again also with some skulls on to increase score attack points. I'll check achievements I've yet to unlock in campaign.
Edit:
40g for finding all Intel.
40g for finding all skulls.
50g Complete a mission in Score Attack with at least 500k points
60g Complete a Warzone Firefight match on 6 maps. (surprised I havent got this one)

That Titanfall 2 update was only 24mb but apparently fixes the resolution bug. A patch that small points to something tiny going wonky.


I'd be up for some Co-op with some GRcade folks?


If you can both be on Sat or Sunday afternoon (say 1-3) I'll buy it and join to.

It's €17 on cdkeys

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/halo-5-guardians-xbox-one

Gears 4 and Halo 5 bundle for €35

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/gears-of-war-4-and-halo-5-guardians-bundle/c3dt5h21q8mc

Sorry for Euro's I don't know exchange rate.

I can play but I will have a 7 year old to look after so might have to go off for a few mins at a time.

If you're want to play Halo 5 though kick off download soon, its 105gb on X1X.


It's only £14.99 on the Xbox store - I wouldn't need the digital deluxe version would I?, that's £34.99.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Peter Crisp » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:35 pm

I won't be available this weekend but I'll be about next week. I've just ordered Halo 5 and Gears 4 and hope to have them by then.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Ste - God no, deluxe versions gives you loot stuff for skins and firefight weapons, all DLC for Halo 5 modes and maps are entirely free.

Last edited by Photek on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Photek » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:I won't be available this weekend but I'll be about next week. I've just ordered Halo 5 and Gears 4 and hope to have them by then.

I've only completed Act 1 in Gears 4 so im up for 60fps mode co-op as well as Halo 5. You're looking at 200gb download for both.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Peter Crisp » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:44 pm

I expected the download size to be depressingly large but my life is full of depressing reality so it'll just get bunged on the pile of depressing shite I've got to look forward to.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumble.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by KjGarly » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:54 pm

If it's Sunday afternoon I might be interested in bit if co-op on Gears. Same as Mr P my daughter will be about so will do my best to distract her with a bit of Nick JR!

Image Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by BID0 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:48 pm

Okay this is a nightmare :slol:

I have got the controller swapped with a replacement now...

Network transfer really doesn’t work so I’ve got an SSD drive as an external drive with the intention of using that to copy all my stuff too and then move to the new Xbox... however... how do you even do that?!

I’ve plug the drive in to the Xbox and it says it’s ready but it’s listed as a media external drive with “pictures, music & video” on the tile for that drive. You can’t use SSDs for games and DLC?

If I go in to the internal drive using the tile (transfer) I can select all contents or a certain game but with those checked I have no options available to me as “copy” and “move” are both greyed out

It’s only 120GB external drive (112GB usuable) so I can’t copy all of them by “selecting all”, but even with a single game at 43GB selected those two options are still grey

User avatar
Lucien
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Lucien » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:56 pm

BID0 wrote:Network transfer really doesn’t work so I’ve got an SSD drive as an external drive with the intention of using that to copy all my stuff too and then move to the new Xbox... however... how do you even do that?!

I’ve plug the drive in to the Xbox and it says it’s ready but it’s listed as a media external drive with “pictures, music & video” on the tile for that drive. You can’t use SSDs for games and DLC?

If I go in to the internal drive using the tile (transfer) I can select all contents or a certain game but with those checked I have no options available to me as “copy” and “move” are both greyed out

It’s only 120GB external drive (112GB usuable) so I can’t copy all of them by “selecting all”, but even with a single game at 43GB selected those two options are still grey


Try this: Go to settings, system, storage... then find the external drive and click a, then format for games and apps.

Ste
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: ScouseStevmed
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox One X - out now!
by Ste » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:00 pm

BID0 wrote:Okay this is a nightmare :slol:

I have got the controller swapped with a replacement now...

Network transfer really doesn’t work so I’ve got an SSD drive as an external drive with the intention of using that to copy all my stuff too and then move to the new Xbox... however... how do you even do that?!

I’ve plug the drive in to the Xbox and it says it’s ready but it’s listed as a media external drive with “pictures, music & video” on the tile for that drive. You can’t use SSDs for games and DLC?

If I go in to the internal drive using the tile (transfer) I can select all contents or a certain game but with those checked I have no options available to me as “copy” and “move” are both greyed out

It’s only 120GB external drive (112GB usuable) so I can’t copy all of them by “selecting all”, but even with a single game at 43GB selected those two options are still grey


I've just bought a 8TB Game hub and had a similar problem.

If it's saying it's for "pictures, music and video" then it's formatted wrong and you can't transfer games on to it. That's why you don't have the option to copy.

I formatted it this way by mistake (pressed the controller button before the TV was on)

There didn't seem to be an option to just reformat it.

I had to get my "S" out and plug it into that - plugging it into a new system gives you the option again as to how you want to format it - games or media.

You might be able to do it by plugging it into a PC.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyXL, Bing [Bot], Brerlappin, Finish.Last, Garth, HSH28, irishguy2008, KjGarly, Memento Mori, Pedz, Saint of Killers, Trelliz and 42 guests