Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Robbo-92 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:00 am

Finally put a couple more hours into this last night, no idea why I don't play it that often really as I'm really enjoying it! Just got to the part where you learn about elemental combos when you have a full party gauge.

It's quite easy to break and topple an enemy but getting them to launch and smash will probably take a bit more setting up. Hopefully I'll get back on it this evening.

Not sure why but I've played a lot more of this in hand held mode than docked, just seems to suit it better although the graphics do take a huge downgrade sadly.

Image

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Tomous » Thu May 03, 2018 11:41 am

Robbo-92 wrote:It's quite easy to break and topple an enemy but getting them to launch and smash will probably take a bit more setting up. Hopefully I'll get back on it this evening.


I find your teammates aren't great with assisting with driver combos and it's quite hard to go through break > topple > launch > smash yourself with just your blades (infact I'm not even sure if it is possible as I don't think a blade can have more than one driver combo in their arts, unless I've missed something/it comes in later).

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Rex Kramer » Thu May 03, 2018 12:57 pm

Tomous wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:It's quite easy to break and topple an enemy but getting them to launch and smash will probably take a bit more setting up. Hopefully I'll get back on it this evening.


I find your teammates aren't great with assisting with driver combos and it's quite hard to go through break > topple > launch > smash yourself with just your blades (infact I'm not even sure if it is possible as I don't think a blade can have more than one driver combo in their arts, unless I've missed something/it comes in later).

I've ensured the accessories maximise the topple and break durations. Having Rex, Morag and Zeke as my drivers tends to make it relatively easy but I need Pyra and Roc in order to do break and smash.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Tomous » Thu May 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:It's quite easy to break and topple an enemy but getting them to launch and smash will probably take a bit more setting up. Hopefully I'll get back on it this evening.


I find your teammates aren't great with assisting with driver combos and it's quite hard to go through break > topple > launch > smash yourself with just your blades (infact I'm not even sure if it is possible as I don't think a blade can have more than one driver combo in their arts, unless I've missed something/it comes in later).

I've ensured the accessories maximise the topple and break durations. Having Rex, Morag and Zeke as my drivers tends to make it relatively easy but I need Pyra and Roc in order to do break and smash.


That's a good idea with accessories, I hadn't considered that. All my accessories boost HP and Specials at the moment.

Also, I've been trying to bring Zeke in for awhile but after about 100 core crystals I still can't get him anymore decent blades :fp:

User avatar
TheChosenOne
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Nintendonator3000

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by TheChosenOne » Thu May 03, 2018 11:16 pm

If anybody's interested, the voice actress for Pyra (Skye Bennett) has been streaming her first playthrough of the game on Twitch. I've enjoyed watching it so far, she's on chapter 3, and she streams Tuesday's, Thursday's and Saturday's at 8pm. Twitch name is skyedevabennett if any of you want to check it out.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Robbo-92 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:36 am

Just fought Zeke for what I'm guessing could be the first time, certainly seems an eccentric character.

Image

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Jenuall » Fri May 04, 2018 4:25 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Just fought Zeke for what I'm guessing could be the first time, certainly seems an eccentric character.


Don't mess with the Zekenator!

Up to Chapter 9 on this, the last few chapters seem to have been quite short with the focus of the game pulling in quite tight compared to the sprawling journey of the earlier stages. Still loving it!

ImageImage
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Hyperion » Fri May 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Is anywhere offering this cheap?

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Rex Kramer » Fri May 04, 2018 6:10 pm

I saw a post on HotUKDeals saying Music Magpie had it for cheap (preowned), not sure if it's still available though.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Robbo-92 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 am

Does anyone know how the DLC works with new game+ ? Only ask as if I fancy a second playthrough of it (which I probably will!) I'm thinking adding the DLC in would be a good way to have some new stuff to experience but does it work with new game+ or will I have to start a new game?

Image

Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by shy guy 64 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:52 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Does anyone know how the DLC works with new game+ ? Only ask as if I fancy a second playthrough of it (which I probably will!) I'm thinking adding the DLC in would be a good way to have some new stuff to experience but does it work with new game+ or will I have to start a new game?


it works the same way as in your first play through, you find a load of gifts in the pause menu

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Robbo-92 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:35 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Does anyone know how the DLC works with new game+ ? Only ask as if I fancy a second playthrough of it (which I probably will!) I'm thinking adding the DLC in would be a good way to have some new stuff to experience but does it work with new game+ or will I have to start a new game?


it works the same way as in your first play through, you find a load of gifts in the pause menu


Is that what the '???' Is for in the pause menu then? Might give it a buy when I've completed it for the first time.

Image

Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by shy guy 64 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Does anyone know how the DLC works with new game+ ? Only ask as if I fancy a second playthrough of it (which I probably will!) I'm thinking adding the DLC in would be a good way to have some new stuff to experience but does it work with new game+ or will I have to start a new game?


it works the same way as in your first play through, you find a load of gifts in the pause menu


Is that what the '???' Is for in the pause menu then? Might give it a buy when I've completed it for the first time.


probably i pre ordered the dlc so i never saw a "???" bar the ones that are there at start of the start of the game

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Tomous » Sat May 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Does anyone know how the DLC works with new game+ ? Only ask as if I fancy a second playthrough of it (which I probably will!) I'm thinking adding the DLC in would be a good way to have some new stuff to experience but does it work with new game+ or will I have to start a new game?


it works the same way as in your first play through, you find a load of gifts in the pause menu


Is that what the '???' Is for in the pause menu then? Might give it a buy when I've completed it for the first time.


How far in are you? I think the ??? relates to something you’ll unlock as you progress the story.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Robbo-92 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Tomous wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Does anyone know how the DLC works with new game+ ? Only ask as if I fancy a second playthrough of it (which I probably will!) I'm thinking adding the DLC in would be a good way to have some new stuff to experience but does it work with new game+ or will I have to start a new game?


it works the same way as in your first play through, you find a load of gifts in the pause menu


Is that what the '???' Is for in the pause menu then? Might give it a buy when I've completed it for the first time.


How far in are you? I think the ??? relates to something you’ll unlock as you progress the story.


Part way through chapter 3.

Image

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Tomous » Sat May 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Does anyone know how the DLC works with new game+ ? Only ask as if I fancy a second playthrough of it (which I probably will!) I'm thinking adding the DLC in would be a good way to have some new stuff to experience but does it work with new game+ or will I have to start a new game?


it works the same way as in your first play through, you find a load of gifts in the pause menu


Is that what the '???' Is for in the pause menu then? Might give it a buy when I've completed it for the first time.


How far in are you? I think the ??? relates to something you’ll unlock as you progress the story.


Part way through chapter 3.


Yeah without saying more I don’t think what you’re looking at relates to the DLC

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Jenuall » Tue May 08, 2018 4:10 pm

I think I’m pretty near the end of this now, which is making me slightly sad in a way!

Quick question for this who have made it as far as Chapter 9:

Once you unlock Pyra/Mythra’s “true form” is it only possible to use it once per battle? I’ve had a few instances where I’ve tried to use it again and not been able to but I’m unclear as to whether it’s a firm rule, or whether I just haven’t understood the criteria for uncoiling it properly!

ImageImage
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by shy guy 64 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:31 am

Jenuall wrote:I think I’m pretty near the end of this now, which is making me slightly sad in a way!

Quick question for this who have made it as far as Chapter 9:

Once you unlock Pyra/Mythra’s “true form” is it only possible to use it once per battle? I’ve had a few instances where I’ve tried to use it again and not been able to but I’m unclear as to whether it’s a firm rule, or whether I just haven’t understood the criteria for uncoiling it properly!


i believe so

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Jenuall » Wed May 09, 2018 6:53 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I think I’m pretty near the end of this now, which is making me slightly sad in a way!

Quick question for this who have made it as far as Chapter 9:

Once you unlock Pyra/Mythra’s “true form” is it only possible to use it once per battle? I’ve had a few instances where I’ve tried to use it again and not been able to but I’m unclear as to whether it’s a firm rule, or whether I just haven’t understood the criteria for uncoiling it properly!


i believe so


Cool, well I'll remember to save it for when I really need it now then!

Things are starting to get challenging again now, after spending the last 3 or 4 chapters being about 10+ levels above all enemies it's an interesting change of pace! :lol:

ImageImage
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch)
by Rex Kramer » Fri May 18, 2018 8:57 pm

I'm 105 hours in towards the end of chapter 9 and it's only just occurred to me that sometimes you need to tailor your blade combo's to seal a particular enemy attack (such as seal shackle blade). It's pretty amazing that the battle system in this game has so many variables you can play it pretty much however you want.

I'm about 8 blades short of unlocking them all, still haven't got Wulfric back yet :x I'm going to have to stop playing again for a while, it's just all consuming.

What a strawberry floating game. :wub:


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Crimson, Damian, Kanbei, NickSCFC, Pedz, Seven, Slayerx, souljahsstory, Trelliz, Yubel and 57 guests