Yakuza 0

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Yakuza 0 - £24.99 until 11.59, tonight
by Saint of Killers » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:37 pm

This is on sale until tonight.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by IAmTheSaladMan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:09 pm

I've got this on the way from Boomerang now, I can finally start getting caught up with the series.

Image
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by IAmTheSaladMan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Apologies for double posting and bumping a quiet thread but this is my first Yakuza game and I'm completely hooked on it. Right now it feels impossible to get bored with it as there is always something to do. I recently brought down the Leisure King and have just started on the Electronics King and man do the property prices increase.

I think I'm gonna concentrate on the real estate and side quests for a while before moving the main story on.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by Lagamorph » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:34 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Apologies for double posting and bumping a quiet thread but this is my first Yakuza game and I'm completely hooked on it. Right now it feels impossible to get bored with it as there is always something to do. I recently brought down the Leisure King and have just started on the Electronics King and man do the property prices increase.

I think I'm gonna concentrate on the real estate and side quests for a while before moving the main story on.

That's exactly what I did. Be sure to do Side Stories as they unlock additional staff for the business too.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by IAmTheSaladMan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:25 pm

That's how I've been playing the game from the get go really. I've been collecting those phone cards and doing just about every sub story available before moving the story on.

Image
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by IAmTheSaladMan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:49 pm

This just made me genuinely laugh out loud. The heat action when you have a box of nails in your hand :lol:

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:39 am

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:This just made me genuinely laugh out loud. The heat action when you have a box of nails in your hand :lol:


Fist of full of nails jammed into someone's gob, yeah? :lol:

My personal favourite animation/sound fx are a secret ;) They're related to Majima but you'll know 'em when you hear and see 'em :nod:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by IAmTheSaladMan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:52 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:This just made me genuinely laugh out loud. The heat action when you have a box of nails in your hand :lol:


Fist of full of nails jammed into someone's gob, yeah? :lol:

My personal favourite animation/sound fx are a secret ;) They're related to Majima but you'll know 'em when you hear and see 'em :nod:


Aye that’s the one!

Although my joy quickly turned to rage trying to learn the fourth ability from Kamoji.

Image
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by gamerforever » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:45 am

I think I am nearing the final few chapters in this game. I will probably start to complete some of the side missions before continuing on the main quest, which is pretty good! Some of the stuff in this game is just hilarious, from the dancing to the video shop!

Probably on to Yakuza Kiwami or maybe Horizon, which I have not played yet.

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by IAmTheSaladMan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:49 pm

After rage quitting on the ¥10,000,000 punchout mission last night when I tried for about an hour to beat it then finally got to 0.13 seconds left on the clock before getting hit I beat it second try today. Granted it kinda glitched and the attakcer just stood there for about the last 10 seconds doing nothing but a victory is a victory so I’ll take it.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by Lagamorph » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Does anyone know of a decent guide for the Sidestories?

I'm trying to get the ones I've missed now that I'm at the point of no return, but every guide I've found is complete gooseberry fool to follow. The guides number the sidestories, which the game itself does, but the sidestory completion list doesn't number them, you only get a number popping up briefly on screen while doing it. Plus unfound/uncompleted ones aren't numbered. This wouldn't be a problem in itself, but no guide seems to list sidestories in the same order that the game does (ie numerically), instead numbering them in some arbitrary order and then sorting them by chapter.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by IAmTheSaladMan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Does anyone know of a decent guide for the Sidestories?

I'm trying to get the ones I've missed now that I'm at the point of no return, but every guide I've found is complete gooseberry fool to follow. The guides number the sidestories, which the game itself does, but the sidestory completion list doesn't number them, you only get a number popping up briefly on screen while doing it. Plus unfound/uncompleted ones aren't numbered. This wouldn't be a problem in itself, but no guide seems to list sidestories in the same order that the game does (ie numerically), instead numbering them in some arbitrary order and then sorting them by chapter.


This guide lists them using numbers equivalent to the order they appear in the in game menu but divided by the chapter they become available in.

http://m.uk.ign.com/wikis/yakuza-0/Substories

I’ve been following this guide since near the start of the game.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by Saint of Killers » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Everyone's done Shrink-wrapped Dream, yes?

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by IAmTheSaladMan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:47 pm

Yep! It made me feel... well, wrong :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by Saint of Killers » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Yep! It made me feel... well, wrong :shifty:


Image

:lol:

Those wee sneaky spy poses he and Majima do are hilarious.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by IAmTheSaladMan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Really starting to struggle collecting completion points as Kiryu now. A lot of the ones I need are locked behind mini games that I’m either no good at (pool or batting) or flat out don’t know how to play (mahjong).

EDIT: Making my way through the real estate quest I’ve just spotted what can’t possibly have been an accidental reference to Ultravox.


Image
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by dmin » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:02 am

Same here, never got the hang of the batting and most off those Japanese board game ones I just give up on.

Finished this the other night with 83hrs and 46% completion. Loved it, but over indulged in the side quests; was ready to finish it by the end. Speaking of which, took forever on that final mission with all the cutscenes. Was around 2.5 hrs from the start of the final bit until got to end of the titles!

Image
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by IAmTheSaladMan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:25 am

I think I’m about 60-70 hours in and close to 70% complete but I have been doing just about everything there is to do outside of Mahjong, baseball and pool. I need to have another go at scoring 100,000 in Fantasy Zone, last attempt I got about 75,000 but couldn’t beat the 3rd boss.

I should be able to get enough CP to unlock Kiryu’s limit breaker but probably not the gold pistol without learning to play Mahjong.

Last edited by IAmTheSaladMan on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by Lagamorph » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:35 am

The Pool game is absolute bullshit. Even if you pot every single ball but the last one, if the AI pots the last ball then it wins.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Yakuza 0
by dmin » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:51 am

70% complete is good going!

Um, that's the rules of 9 ball! If there's a chance for a carom on the 9, always go for it.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, OldSoulCyborg and 41 guests