Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by FatDaz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:58 pm

jiggles wrote:
20% wrote:>CTRL + F
>"God of"

Skippy wrote:....There might have been some residual stress involved from the Tower of Blades in God of War


Yes. Without a doubt.
I had some fancy wireless controllers for my PS2 at the time. One of them did not survive the spinning death towers of Hades.

Holy strawberry float.


When God of War came out I beat it twice. I remember reading stuff like this afterwards and honestly not being sure which part people were referring to. My third playthrough, I was on MSN with Raze at the time and I checked with her that I was at the right part, before doing it on the first go. But I figured that might have been because I'd played it a lot by then.

So when the remaster came out, I looked out for it, and when I got there, I scrambled up on my third or fourth attempt.

I'm not bragging about this. I just don't understand why it's a difficulty "highlight". It feels around about right for the rest of the game. The whole game is challenging, and I don't get why the rest of it is fine but that climbing section is such a difficulty spike.

To this day, I'm still convinced there's some part of the traversal, or technique used to climb in that game, that people aren't getting.


The hit box and collision detection felt off to me and because you get dropped to bottom on each hit it became extreme frustration.

User avatar
Donner
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by Donner » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm also one of few people who didn't find it difficult either. I was dreading from the recepetion and i got it on my first try, I thought I was lucky so I decided to see on Ng+ and managed to get through it without problems - I've never took hit from any blades either

Image
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
IAmTheSantaMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by IAmTheSantaMan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:16 pm

I never found the blades section in GoW that bad either. In fact I have the trophy for doing it without getting hit in the HD version.

Image
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by Rudolphin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Harry Ellis wrote:
Rudolphin wrote:Oh gooseberry fool I thought of another: The Vice City "Recruit the Driver" race. The dude's in a tripped out dragster, I'm pretty sure you got a standard sedan. The AI just burns through the route like an automated GPS, you have to contend with traffic, peds and handling. I beat the strawberry floater after about 50 tries and even then only after I accidentally rammed him off a bridge.

My word that must have been satisfying. :lol:


I almost never have physical reactions to games but I leapt from my chair with a cheer. Such a cheap mission.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by Yulehide » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Skippy wrote:My brother accidentally corrupted my Red Dead Revolver save when I was at the very, very end. Not a huge deal in retrospect, but I was so pissed off at the time. There might have been some residual stress involved from the Tower of Blades in God of War, which I was playing around the same time.


Was about to post something about that, I don't think I've ever swore so much whilst gaming as I did during that section.

Edit: Actually thinking about it I got equally foul mouthed during the boss battle with Alma in Ninja Gaiden.

Image
User avatar
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Rudolphin wrote:Alpha 152.

Nearly gave myself an aneurysm.


If we're talking fighting game bosses:

Seth in SF4
Galactus in MvsC3
Vader or Yoda in SC4
Jinpachi in Tekken 5

Every one of those sluts can strawberry float off my page

Image
User avatar
IAmTheSantaMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by IAmTheSantaMan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
Rudolphin wrote:Alpha 152.

Nearly gave myself an aneurysm.


If we're talking fighting game bosses:

Seth in SF4
Galactus in MvsC3
Vader or Yoda in SC4
Jinpachi in Tekken 5

Every one of those sluts can strawberry float off my page


What about Gill in SF3? You easily beat him in the first round then get your arse kicked in the second so it all comes down to the final round. It's a close fought battle but with barely a sliver of health left you get his bar down to zero only to hear the word "Resurrection", his life bar refills and he proceeds to whoop your ass.

Image
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by smurphy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Back in the Halo 2 online days were probably when I most lost my gooseberry fool. It was the first online game I'd played with matchmaking and rankings which just upped the tension to unbearable levels for me and my mate. People who would get a single kill then hide until the time ran out, or the infamous 'lag switch' cheats who could cause a connection error message to fill your screen while they killed you. Pretty sure I internally severed the cable to my pad after throwing it.

I haven't found myself getting angry at MP games for years until once in Rainbow Six Siege the other week. It was a bit worrying how unusually angry I got, I'm normally able to brush off things like that very easily.

User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by Rubix » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Anything in Jak 2, what a glitchy mess that game is

Playing: Resi 7 (PS4), FFXII (PS4) Assassins Creed Origins (PS4) Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Watching: Stranger Things S2
Reading: The Perfect Girlfriend
The RPG Thread | Top Gear | Star Wars
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by OrangeReindeer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Glitchy in what way?

Not saying the difficulty can't be frustrating but it's a well made game

User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by Rubix » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:41 am

OrangeReindeer wrote:Glitchy in what way?

Not saying the difficulty can't be frustrating but it's a well made game


Its not well made the hoover board is near enough uncontrollable, the difficulty spikes is all over the place, there are too many timed missions througg a city hard to navigate. Most frustrating game ive ever played

Worst thing is, it had potential man, it could have been great

Playing: Resi 7 (PS4), FFXII (PS4) Assassins Creed Origins (PS4) Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Watching: Stranger Things S2
Reading: The Perfect Girlfriend
The RPG Thread | Top Gear | Star Wars
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by OrangeReindeer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:16 am

None of that sounds glitchy is my point

User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by Rubix » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:18 pm

OrangeReindeer wrote:None of that sounds glitchy is my point


Ahhh well meant frustration although you can go through walls and some of the aiming can be off.

Either way as the topic suggests it’s my most frustrating game

Playing: Resi 7 (PS4), FFXII (PS4) Assassins Creed Origins (PS4) Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Watching: Stranger Things S2
Reading: The Perfect Girlfriend
The RPG Thread | Top Gear | Star Wars
User avatar
$ilva $hadow
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by $ilva $hadow » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:36 pm

smurphy wrote:Back in the Halo 2 online days were probably when I most lost my gooseberry fool. It was the first online game I'd played with matchmaking and rankings which just upped the tension to unbearable levels for me and my mate. People who would get a single kill then hide until the time ran out, or the infamous 'lag switch' cheats who could cause a connection error message to fill your screen while they killed you. Pretty sure I internally severed the cable to my pad after throwing it.

I haven't found myself getting angry at MP games for years until once in Rainbow Six Siege the other week. It was a bit worrying how unusually angry I got, I'm normally able to brush off things like that very easily.




I found Kil still gets angry at the littlest of things :lol:

So we're playing Dying Light the other day, there's definitely a slight mic delay, so if he stopped in the middle of the road and said watch out, while I'm right up his ass, I might have heard him just slightly too late, or just not had the time to stop. What does he do? Rages down the mic "omfg why did you do that?!??!"

What the strawberry float do you mean why did I do that? Do what?! We're playing a coop game you silly scot, and I bumped into you by accident, I didn't do anything on purpose. It is what it is. The other one was on rainbow six siege, runs right past me while I'm firing, "OOOO MYYYYYYY GAAWWWWWWWWWD WHY DID YOU DO THAT??" Do what? :lol: Accidentally fire upon you while you run past my crosshair? Can't it just be that rather than some strawberry floating purposeful action that he insinuates I've been planning since the dawn of time with some sort of logic or reason, that I did it by accident instead?

Rant over. I'll still join you for Siege, Division and all the other coop gooseberry fool captain banana split :lol: :wub:

User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by TigaSefi » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:53 am

Gently-Hung Holly Wreath wrote:Rock Band related, I was trying to master Vaseline by Stone Temple Pilots - a song I hate and struggled to play - and after dropping one too many notes I picked up and threw the drum kit across the room, breaking it in half.


Love this song! How can anyone hate it!

Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by smurphy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:06 pm

$ilva $hadow wrote:
smurphy wrote:Back in the Halo 2 online days were probably when I most lost my gooseberry fool. It was the first online game I'd played with matchmaking and rankings which just upped the tension to unbearable levels for me and my mate. People who would get a single kill then hide until the time ran out, or the infamous 'lag switch' cheats who could cause a connection error message to fill your screen while they killed you. Pretty sure I internally severed the cable to my pad after throwing it.

I haven't found myself getting angry at MP games for years until once in Rainbow Six Siege the other week. It was a bit worrying how unusually angry I got, I'm normally able to brush off things like that very easily.


I found Kil still gets angry at the littlest of things :lol:


I told him there was an enemy on the camera in Siege, so he goes out and shoots them then gets shot by someone else. It was my fault and I got a tirade of abuse because I'm meant to telepathically know what's outside the camera's fov. :|


$ilva $hadow wrote:The other one was on rainbow six siege, runs right past me while I'm firing, "OOOO MYYYYYYY GAAWWWWWWWWWD WHY DID YOU DO THAT??" Do what? :lol: Accidentally fire upon you while you run past my crosshair?


I'm getting PTSD flashbacks to L4D. This is 100% your fault.

User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by Mafrozen » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:16 pm

Kil in any multiplayer game :lol:


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Your Most Frustrating Gaming Moment
by Kezzer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Mafrozen wrote:Kil in any multiplayer game :lol:



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wheres the video of Stugene getting ultra upset and calling himself the 'salty baby' ?

I've been trying to think of when I have ever got mad with a video game, but I believe I live in a sea of tranquillity and just don't rage out.

Image
Image
Image
http://i.imgur.com/0CQJqX4.png

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread |

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, CuriousOyster, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Jenuall, Met, NickSCFC, Rudolphin, Yahoo [Bot], Yoshimi and 41 guests