YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Moggy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:29 am

mic wrote:Well, the people who made that Glenville Tower video got arrested. Is it such a stretch...?


Filming and uploading a video of you and your mates burning an effigy to a tower block fire that killed 72 people and then handing yourself into the police.

Vs

Uploading video of a video game titled “beating up annoying feminist” and YouTube removing it.

There’s a little bit of a difference.

If this person gets arrested then that is the time for hysterical rants about Orwell’s vision coming true.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by OrangeRKN » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:40 am

mic wrote:Virtual kidnapping and murder within the confines of a story is one thing, but void of any storyline such actions are reprehensible, even in a game.


What? So if I load up GTA and got on a random killing spree, you think I am acting reprehensibly?

I should upload some clips from my kill everyone run at Skyrim, you'll think I'm an absolutely terrible person

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Preezy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:54 am

Yeah, that is a nonsense :lol:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Moggy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:57 am

Preezy wrote:Yeah, that is a nonsense :lol:


Polygons and pixels have rights too. :cry:

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Preezy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:59 am

Moggy wrote:
Preezy wrote:Yeah, that is a nonsense :lol:


Polygons and pixels have rights too. :cry:

The only right they have is to suffer at my hand :datass:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:59 am

Buying a pen and paper is not wrong.

Buying a pen and paper and using them to write hateful, targetted, vitriolic rants against a specific group or demographic for your own consumption is not wrong.*

Buying a pen and paper and using them to write hateful, targetted, vitriolic rants against a specific group or demographic and then distributing those to millions of people IS very much wrong and should be punished.

*Although it is a potentially useful contributor to any evidence that you might be something of a gooseberry fool if anything else brings a spotlight on you

ImageImage
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Moggy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:02 am

Jenuall wrote:Buying a pen and paper and using them to write hateful, targetted, vitriolic rants against a specific group or demographic for your own consumption is not wrong.*
*Although it is a potentially useful contributor to any evidence that you might be something of a gooseberry fool if anything else brings a spotlight on you


Wrong.

It is a wrong thing to do, but that doesn’t mean you should be punished for it.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:03 am

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Buying a pen and paper and using them to write hateful, targetted, vitriolic rants against a specific group or demographic for your own consumption is not wrong.*
*Although it is a potentially useful contributor to any evidence that you might be something of a gooseberry fool if anything else brings a spotlight on you


Wrong.

It is a wrong thing to do, but that doesn’t mean you should be punished for it.


Yeah - sorry I ballsed up changing my language at the last minute there - It should read "is not a crime".

It is 100% wrong.

ImageImage
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Moggy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:05 am

Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Buying a pen and paper and using them to write hateful, targetted, vitriolic rants against a specific group or demographic for your own consumption is not wrong.*
*Although it is a potentially useful contributor to any evidence that you might be something of a gooseberry fool if anything else brings a spotlight on you


Wrong.

It is a wrong thing to do, but that doesn’t mean you should be punished for it.


Yeah - sorry I ballsed up changing my language at the last minute there - It should read "is not a crime".

It is 100% wrong.


Wrong.

It is 98% wrong. The 2% covers the specific groups and demographics that I personally hate and plan to do bad things to.

User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Jazzem » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:05 am

Just saw this online

"Been hearing Red Dead Redemption 2 is in a spot of bother because you can attack suffragettes.

But not for literally blowing up the KKK"

Dat false equivalence :fp:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Moggy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:09 am

Jazzem wrote:Just saw this online

"Been hearing Red Dead Redemption 2 is in a spot of bother because you can attack suffragettes.

But not for literally blowing up the KKK"

Dat false equivalence :fp:


Well there were some very fine people on both sides.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:11 am

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Buying a pen and paper and using them to write hateful, targetted, vitriolic rants against a specific group or demographic for your own consumption is not wrong.*
*Although it is a potentially useful contributor to any evidence that you might be something of a gooseberry fool if anything else brings a spotlight on you


Wrong.

It is a wrong thing to do, but that doesn’t mean you should be punished for it.


Yeah - sorry I ballsed up changing my language at the last minute there - It should read "is not a crime".

It is 100% wrong.


Wrong.

It is 98% wrong. The 2% covers the specific groups and demographics that I personally hate and plan to do bad things to.


Confirmation that Moggy has pages and pages of rants at home about what he wants to do to that annoying woman at his place of work! :lol:

ImageImage
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Moggy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 am

Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Buying a pen and paper and using them to write hateful, targetted, vitriolic rants against a specific group or demographic for your own consumption is not wrong.*
*Although it is a potentially useful contributor to any evidence that you might be something of a gooseberry fool if anything else brings a spotlight on you


Wrong.

It is a wrong thing to do, but that doesn’t mean you should be punished for it.


Yeah - sorry I ballsed up changing my language at the last minute there - It should read "is not a crime".

It is 100% wrong.


Wrong.

It is 98% wrong. The 2% covers the specific groups and demographics that I personally hate and plan to do bad things to.


Confirmation that Moggy has pages and pages of rants at home about what he wants to do to that annoying woman at his place of work! :lol:


:datass: :capnscotty:

User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Jazzem » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:37 am

Moggy wrote:
Jazzem wrote:Just saw this online

"Been hearing Red Dead Redemption 2 is in a spot of bother because you can attack suffragettes.

But not for literally blowing up the KKK"

Dat false equivalence :fp:


Well there were some very fine people on both sides.


Extremists on both sides too innit, white supremacist terrorists on one side and *checks notes* [gasp] women wanting to vote on the other!?

User avatar
mic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: I'm on my way...

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by mic » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Buying a pen and paper and using them to write hateful, targetted, vitriolic rants against a specific group or demographic for your own consumption is not wrong.*
*Although it is a potentially useful contributor to any evidence that you might be something of a gooseberry fool if anything else brings a spotlight on you


Wrong.

It is a wrong thing to do, but that doesn’t mean you should be punished for it.


Good analogy, I suppose I could accept this... except that with child pornography, I’m not sure a claim of “I only produced these images for personal consumption” would prevent prosecution.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Moggy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:21 pm

mic wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Buying a pen and paper and using them to write hateful, targetted, vitriolic rants against a specific group or demographic for your own consumption is not wrong.*
*Although it is a potentially useful contributor to any evidence that you might be something of a gooseberry fool if anything else brings a spotlight on you


Wrong.

It is a wrong thing to do, but that doesn’t mean you should be punished for it.


Good analogy, I suppose I could accept this... except that with child pornography, I’m not sure a claim of “I only produced these images for personal consumption” would prevent prosecution.


If there are real children in the images, then a crime has been committed.

If they are just drawings and you don’t distribute them, then I’m not sure it’s a crime.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:25 pm

Moggy wrote:
mic wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Buying a pen and paper and using them to write hateful, targetted, vitriolic rants against a specific group or demographic for your own consumption is not wrong.*
*Although it is a potentially useful contributor to any evidence that you might be something of a gooseberry fool if anything else brings a spotlight on you


Wrong.

It is a wrong thing to do, but that doesn’t mean you should be punished for it.


Good analogy, I suppose I could accept this... except that with child pornography, I’m not sure a claim of “I only produced these images for personal consumption” would prevent prosecution.


If there are real children in the images, then a crime has been committed.

If they are just drawings and you don’t distribute them, then I’m not sure it’s a crime.


Yeah that would be my perspective on it as well. If it's not "real" and as you say not distributed then I don't think that's a crime.

In the same way that if this guy had actually done something in real life, i.e. actually fed a feminist to an alligator in his own house that would still be a crime even if he didn't put it on YouTube! But just doing it in a game and keeping it to yourself? Can't really arrest you for that
- although as stated above, it could be used as evidence that you are potentially a bit of a nutjob!

Last edited by Jenuall on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Pedz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:25 pm

With under age sex stuff. How do Hollywood movies and things have actresses under 18 get naked or show tiddies and it's fine. I can't think of any recent examples. I know there have been in the past. I know this is completely off topic, so I can understand if I don't get a reply.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
mic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: I'm on my way...

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by mic » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:27 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
mic wrote:Virtual kidnapping and murder within the confines of a story is one thing, but void of any storyline such actions are reprehensible, even in a game.


What? So if I load up GTA and got on a random killing spree, you think I am acting reprehensibly?

I should upload some clips from my kill everyone run at Skyrim, you'll think I'm an absolutely terrible person


Did you use the killable children mod? Do you see a problem with that mod, or understand why the developers might have wanted to prevent players from doing that?

Yes, it is acting reprehensibly... but that doesn’t make you a terrible person, since it’s just a game.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: YouTube shut down channel because of Read Dead video that shows murder of feminist
by Preezy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Moggy wrote:If there are real children in the images, then a crime has been committed.

If they are just drawings and you don’t distribute them, then I’m not sure it’s a crime.

Weeboos everywhere breathe a deep sigh of relief.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kriken, Parksey, Saint of Killers and 55 guests