1. Playstation 3 sales will overtake those of all other systems as the Wii-craze comes to an abrupt halt and Blu-Ray enters the mainstream.
2. Motorstorm 2 will blow all other racing games before it out of the water and will demonstrate the true power of the PS3.
3. Gran Turismo 5 will ensure the PS3 is the must have present of Christmas 2008.
4. Developers will re-focus their efforts on PS3 after they realise that only Nintendo's games sell on Wii.
5. Home will revolutionise the ways gamers communicate with each other and will better anything ever seen on Xbox Live.
BluRay to still have 1% of the market and continue to struggle in the face of DVD sales.
Home to turn out as a PSU lobby with sofas and akward/time consuming to navigate.
Killzone 2 to be the first game to show PS3 potential and finally justify PSN with a 24/7 online battle for Helghan.
More ports from 360 but without so many framerate problems.
80gb PS3 with BC to appear in Europe "we listened to consumers"
Resistance 2 to look at least twice as good as the first one
A third party pad with decent triggers and revised analogue positions to sell loads.
I reckon this will be PS3's year, with:
GTA IV still being a PS system-seller, as XBL content won't really influence that many people.
Konami finally releasing a proper next gen vresion of Pro Evo that doesn't suck on PS3 (I'm looking at you 2008).
Developers stop releasing so many shoddy ports and unfinished/buggy-as-f**k games that need patches to work (this time I'm looking at Assassin's Creed).
Blu-Ray will start to improve in sales, but more people will still buy DVD as they're cheaper, upscale via HDMI anyway and 50% of PS3 owners still won't know what BR is!
Little Big Planet will be another Loco Roco/Ico/SotC - i.e. it will be massively acclaimed, but won't sell particularly well.
MGS4 & FF:XIII will really help boost the ps3 this year.
MGS4 will not meet it's expected sales and will be considered a minor failiure.
not new*allusion wrote:
- Some sort of in-game XMB will appear more regularly/be integrated in a firmware update (this needs
to happen - thankfully Sony seems to have acknowledged something needs to be done here).
- Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 to at least make cameo appearances. Actually, scratch that Resistance 2 will be out. This is how it looked
last April/May apparently, so I'd be mucho surprised if the game isn't ready to be revealed soon.
- Activision/Red Octane to cave in to pressure and release patch to allow Guitar Hero controller to work with Rock Band.
- A simple and complex way of using Home (ie. a 'profile' version and a virtual world version).
- Bundled rumble controllers, original sixaxis phased out.
- TV tuner to be relatively unsuccessful due to poor marketing.
- Gran Turismo 5 to be delayed. More.
- Wipeout HD to own all downloadable titles.
- More PSOne titles on the store.
- More PSP-PS3 wifi functionality in games.
- Differences between 360/PS3 versions of titles continue to shrink.
- Team ICO title to be revealed.
- Blu-ray discs become somewhat more popular, but fail to reach anywhere near DVD sales.
- Slim-downed PS3 to be unveiled by the end of 2008.
- MGS Online to really take off.
- Lots and lots of DLC for almost every title...
- Oh... and Europe manages to fall off the release schedule for something like God of War 3 or FFXIII which will come out everywhere but here by the end of the year.
Akai XIII wrote:
MGS4 reviews will be all over the place, it wont do that well at retail. 360 version 6 months later.
More and more studios will drop HD-DVD, Blu Ray becomes the dominant 'HD' DVD format. Both still no where near DVD sales.
LittleBigPlanet will be the best platformer of 2008.
FFXIII will be delayed until next year.
Team Ico games will be revealed.
Motorstorm 2 and Resistance 2 will be more of the same - nothing special.
PS3 sales will slowly increase but it will still be far behind the Wii and 360 (In the UK, at least).
Killzone 2 - what Rik said.
GTAIV will sell more 360s, they're cheaper.
Home - what Rik said.
Kingdom Hearts 3 will be multi-platform, or exclusive to Wii (there were rumours a while back of the series going to the Wii).
1. Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy XIII are delayed til 2009.
My prediction is that Sony will completely and UTTERLY PHAIL at everything!!!!
Paramount and Universal'll say hello to Blu Ray.
I think they will have a rather good E3 and announce some good looking new IP's.
Production of Six-axis will be discontinued.
Home will be sh*t.
MGS4 will be delayed.
Little Big Planet will initially be the best thing since sliced-bread, yet will get boring after a few hours.
PS2 Backwards compatibility will be re-introduced as a £15 download on PSN.
Metal Gear Solid 4 will be 'a marmite game' - some lauding over its beauty, its narration, it's new more combat orientated gameplay. Others will chortle over it's 10 year old control system and more philosophical rsamblings.
Resistance 2 to make an appearance - PS3 owners rejoyce, GR X Bots to lol.
More delays - FF XIII, GT5 won't see 2008.
God of War III to become the PS3 killer app, after Killzone almost, almost makes it.
Little Big Planet to be criminally underused, underplayed, undersold.
Home to be a bit crap.
not new*allusion wrote:
- Sony will introduce more SKUs for the PS3 with different HDD sizes (80GB, 120GB, 200GB). None will re-introduce PS2 BC.
I think that muliplatform games will be identical on 360 and PS3. There is no reason why a developer would go to extra effort to make one version better than the other. It'll only be the exclusives that show what the PS3 is really made of.
- Killzone 2 delayed til Q3/4.
- FFXIII "delayed" til next year
- MGS4 a critical success, yet a slow burner as far as sales are concerned. Will not sell PS3s at launch, but might do by Christmas.
- LBP to be the PS3's first Edge 
- Resistance 2 to sell bucketloads on its Q4 release. Will top NPD for that month, and be both fastest and best-selling PS3 game by year's end.
- FFXII & GT5 don't make it this year.
- PSN goes another year without a Top 10 PSone title
- MGS4 divides the line among opinions, Just like MGS2 did (- Me being one of the lovers of course)
- GTAIV fails to utilize the Custom Soundtracks feature - Well, because Sony seemingly can't be arsed
- GR PS3 Userlist doubles