Nintendo: 5:00 PM
Live streams: Nintendo.com | GameTrailers | G4TV | GameSpot | IGN | GamePro | YouTube
- Project Café is called Wii U, a system we will enjoy together, but is tailor made for you.
- New controller looks like a tablet. Like a supersized bottom screen of the 3DS. 6.2 inch screen. Still has motion control.
- Games can go from console to controller. Draw on the controller. Play on the controller. New controller still has motion. Can provide another view; for example in golf, you can see your tee. Video calls with new controller and zoomed internet browsing.
- Mario and Zelda Café shown. Most likely just interactive prototypes, like many of the other Wii U things shown.
- Fully backwards compatible with all Wii games and peripherals.
- New Smash Bros will be coming to Wii U and 3DS.
- Third party support: Traveller's Tales' LEGO City Stories first confirmed Wii U game (also a 3DS version). Darksiders II (for launch), Tekken, Batman Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon Online, and Ninja Gaiden 3 are coming also.
- Late 2012 release.
- Zelda 25 Anniversary games: Zelda game for every platform. Link's Awakening coming to 3DS eShop TODAY, OoT3D to 3DS soon. New Zelda 4 Swords for DSi in September as a free download. Skyward Sword released holiday season 2011 for Wii. A specially decaled golden Wii Remote will release alongside Skyward Sword to commemorate.
- Zelda 25 Anniversary Symphony: OoT3D soundtrack CD, will be for first people to register OoT3D with Club Nintendo. Also a release of CD of live symphonies, that will be held and performed across the world.
- 3DS games montage: Mario Kart 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion 2.
- Mario Kart 3DS to have gliders, underwater propellers that come out from your kart as the stage changes appropriately. Out this holiday season.
- Star Fox 64 3D out September in US.
- Mario 3DS: Raccoon suit is back complete with adorable floaty tail wiggle. Looks like Mario, which is to say, it looks like perfection. "All people get a chance to play before the year is over."
- Kid Icarus 3DS has a multiplayer fight mode. Kid Icarus AR battle cards shown. Out later this year.
- Luigi's Mansion 2: frankly looks awesomely charming. An entirely new game. Several new mansions.
- Game demos coming for 3DS eShop soon.
- Iwata goes deeper and wider.
Obviously, the main focuses here are Project Café and what it entails, Mario 3DS, Zelda: Skyward Sword, and New Zelda. After Microsoft and Sony, I think it's going to be an inevitable winner.