All times are UTC [ DST ]




Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:27 am 
Member
User avatar
Rik wrote:
Lets get this straight, all Gamecube compatability both hardware and software is gone from what i've read.


They haven't confirmed it yet, people are assuming from the specs they've seen.

I'm not getting rid of my Wii anyway so I can't see why it really matters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:35 am 
Member
User avatar
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/wii-u-does-not-play-gamecube-games/3356/

Quote:
You'll be able to play existing Wii games on Nintendo's Wii U hardware, but if you were hoping to play more Super Mario Sunshine, there's bad news to report.

Wii U will not play GameCube games. I learned this and other details I'll share soon about Wii U during a short interview with Mark Franklin, the head of Nintendo's public relations division.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:46 am 
Member
User avatar
Wind Waker HD please? Even though it still stands up today from a graphical perspective, it'd be amazing to see it in HD, plus well, uhm, WiiU won't be able to play the original and that's maybe the only GCN game I still care about getting to play in this day and age.

_________________
Find my maze.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:15 am 
Member
User avatar
I haven't seen this mentioned, but someone needs to head to Nintendo and shake someone important really, really hard until they agree to make a new version of 1080.

I guess SSX will do in the meantime, but it was always a touch too flashy for my tastes. 1080 had a subtle maturity - and those avalanche levels :wub:

_________________
Please feel free to add me on PSN, playing PS3, PS4 and Vita.

poser1929

:D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 am 
Member
User avatar

AKA: Somebody Else's Problem
poser wrote:
I haven't seen this mentioned, but someone needs to head to Nintendo and shake someone important really, really hard until they agree to make a new version of 1080.

I guess SSX will do in the meantime, but it was always a touch too flashy for my tastes. 1080 had a subtle maturity - and those avalanche levels :wub:


They could call it 1080p, to really push the HD aspect.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 am 
Moderator
User avatar

AKA: DAT MAF
Henke wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Henke wrote:
Are there any people actually surprised by anything shown at the press conference?

John Riccitiello being at their conference was pretty huge. Having the CEO of the biggest publishers in the world is hopefully a sign that they're not messing about when it comes to third parties this time.


Sure, but how is that a negative thing? Some peeps need to realise they have unrealistic expectations that post-Wii/DS Nintendo will never meet.

I didn't say it was a negative.

_________________
HSH28 wrote:
Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:54 am 
Member
User avatar
Btw, this just occured to me lastnight, what joke are they playing here? Wii? U?
Ring any bells? U doesnt really make sense. But if you just change wii around... PeeU.

Isnt this all much to be a coincidence?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:17 pm 
Member
User avatar
Wii = We
U = You

It just shows Nintendo can't spell any more.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:20 pm 
Member
User avatar

AKA: Somebody Else's Problem
1cmanny1 wrote:
Btw, this just occured to me lastnight, what joke are they playing here? Wii? U?
Ring any bells? U doesnt really make sense. But if you just change wii around... PeeU.

Isnt this all much to be a coincidence?


And if you change the letters of 1cmanny1, you get idiot. Is that a coincidence?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:05 pm 
Member
User avatar
Wow...Wii U can use 25GB discs.

_________________
"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:58 pm 
Member
User avatar

AKA: SanCarlos
Frank wrote:
Wii = We
U = You

It just shows Nintendo can't spell any more.


As with Revolution before it Nintendo might still change the name, if only to avoid confusing consumers. I expect by E3 2012 we'll be saying hello to Nintendo U. NU is a cool abbreviation as it sounds 'new''

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:20 pm 
Member
User avatar
Wii 2 will be the best way to avoid confusion with the casual/women who bought the Wii.

_________________
Image
Image

Mafro wrote:
Price wasn't the only reson.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:48 am 
Member
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
1cmanny1 wrote:
Btw, this just occured to me lastnight, what joke are they playing here? Wii? U?
Ring any bells? U doesnt really make sense. But if you just change wii around... PeeU.

Isnt this all much to be a coincidence?


And if you change the letters of 1cmanny1, you get idiot. Is that a coincidence?


No you dont. Somebody doesnt know how to spell...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:14 am 
Member
User avatar
1cmanny1 wrote:
Somebody doesnt know how to spell...


After seeing how you spell jealous, I think it's probably you ;)

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:49 am 
Member
User avatar

AKA: Somebody Else's Problem
NickSCFC wrote:
Wii 2 will be the best way to avoid confusion with the casual/women who bought the Wii.


Because everyone who isn't a hardcore gamer is mentally retarded?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:03 am 
Member
User avatar
Given the numbers of people buying 3DS games expecting them to work in their DS', is it really wise to try to repeat the situation with the Wii?

Mass Effect WiiU is looking likely! :D

Quote:
“I can’t say that we are going to do [Mass Effect 3] on the Wii U, but you can imagine what we could do with that controller in the Mass Effect universe,” EA Games head Frank Gibeau told Game Trailers

“It feels like it’s a really nice fit. But we’ll announce that when it’s ready.”


http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/10/quick-q ... -nice-fit/

_________________
Find my maze.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:43 am 
Member
User avatar
Sounds like if they did do one, it'd be a spin off rather than ME3. This is a good thing :wub:

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:03 am 
Member
User avatar
Frank wrote:
Sounds like if they did do one, it'd be a spin off rather than ME3. This is a good thing :wub:


I'd like to see ME1-3 there too; think of the minigames they could do on the WiiPad. :wub:

_________________
Find my maze.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:09 am 
Member
User avatar
Yeah, it'd be nice to get the full series on there, I just didn't want to see them only release ME3 for the system.

Maybe we'll get that ME space flight sim we've all been dreaming of soon :wub:

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:54 pm 
Member
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Wii 2 will be the best way to avoid confusion with the casual/women who bought the Wii.


Because everyone who isn't a hardcore gamer is mentally retarded?


Bingo

_________________
Image
Image

Mafro wrote:
Price wasn't the only reson.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group