AYAV? gg all

Our best bits.
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: AYAV? gg all
by Qikz » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:33 am

And you killed... none of them?

After you put me onto Com Shep I tried to make sure he only listened to me and not you as I had my misgivings about you by that point. Why didn't you kill him before that point? I got a PM from Parksey saying.

You bastard.

We were trying to get Dang Chris to shoot someone of our choosing as well!

The other day, I guess we beat you to the punch Mori. :lol:

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:45 am

We killed Satriales, there wasn't much point killing Pyxl as he had already used his power, I'm confident we could have got Com Shep to kill Mockmaster had Com Shep been online earlier enough to read my PMs and Sykes hadn't changed his mind about the mayor being protected from vigilante kills.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:56 am

I guess I got some explaining to do:

As usual with these games, I get a bit excited and end up posting way too much which draws lots of attention to myself and makes for an easy vampire kill. So right from the start I thought I was only going to last a day or two and decided to use up one of my kills early.

Originally I tried to kill Cuban Pete on the first night, but special roles couldn't do anything on the first night, and no other suspicions manifested themself during the day so he was blatently going to get lynched anyway.

I ran for Mayor straight away as I'd never been mayor before in any games and again didn't expect to last long in this one. I also thought that it would make me seem less like a special role to the vampires if I wasn't trying to stay low key.

Day 1 I was still eager to get a kill down before I am killed myself, plus there were still no real leads so I decided to use the knowledge that the count had picked their own vamps and go straight for the kill of what I consider the best AYAW player, Drumstick. If Drumstick was a vamp then we've got something to go on, if he's not then it's still useful info to know that the count hasn't just picked the top 5 players from previous games.

I then realise the vamps are forced into killing inactives and so I feel safe for an extra day or two and hold off on my arrows. Nothing much changes and we still haven't killed any vampires or got any good leads, but both Mockmaster and Mori are extremely suspicious so I come up with a plan which could change everything and be potentially amazing in more ways than one...

Again, I expect to be killed imminently, so I decided I will use my second kill on Denster (for the LOLs) and use the knowledge of Denster's forthcoming death to gain trust with Mockmaster as he was my main suspect at the time, but also potentially a good contact if he wasn't a vamp. I told my plan only to Darkritual as I was fairly confident he wasn't a vamp due to his posting style, and then if I was suddenly killed that night it would be clear to him that Mockmaster likely had something to do with it.
When I contacted Mockmaster I denied killing Drumstick as I wanted him to think I still had another kill left and was a potential threat to the vampires.

I then got a random PM from Mori replying to a question I had made in the thread. His PM made him seem innocent and suggested that he had a few good contacts. I then panicked as I had already order the Denster kill and knew that telling Mori about it before it happened was the only way to gain trust, so I repeated to Mori what I had told Mockmaster. I also updated Darkritual on exactly what was going on and told him not to tell anyone else yet.

About five minutes later I get this PM from Zellery:
Zellery wrote:So I've heard from a source that you're the village vigilante who shot Drumstick and are planning on shooting Denster tonight.

Is this true?

:fp:
I had denied killing Dumstick to both Mockmaster and Mori, so obviously Darkritual was the one who had told Zellery, and with this info spreading so fast I just knew that someone I had told must be a vampire and that I was definitely going to be killed that night.

I then got another message from Mori, and he told me that DangChris was also a vigilante. :shock:

I had ordered Denster's kill just after 8pm. Drumstick was killed almost instantly after I ordered the hit, so I was expecting Denster's death any moment now, and it would give me 2hrs of trust with Mockmaster, Mori, and the other vigilante. I wold be able to confirm the vigilante's role without needing a seer by asking what the role was called as only the two vigilantes knew it was named Hunter.

The comedy timing of Densters death would have been perfect as people in the thread were begging for a vigilante to kill Mockmaster or Mori, so to see the vigilante kill Denster instead would have been brilliant. :lol:

I then realised that Mockmaster was probably telling the truth and not a vampire, but he and Mori were clearly on opposite sides so I just knew Mori was actually a vampire but then doubted the info he gave me about DangChris being a vigi and so didn't pass that on.

It all went wrong though for one main reason. Sykes forgot about Densters death and I was then killed by vampires before Denster was killed. It was Denster's death that would gain me trust and until then people probably thought I was just playing some angle.

Then TAP came forward as Mockmaster's seer and everything they had done made my plan completely pointless. They confirmed Mori as a vampire minutes before my death would do the same.

I knew it was definitely Mori who had got me killed but I later found out my PM to him had nothing to do with it, I was on the vampire list to be killed than night anyway. After my death I also became suspicious of Zellery as he repeated in the thread what I had told him about my contacting Mori and Mockmaster except he didn't mention Mori at all, only Mockmaster.

Well done villagers, and thanks to Sykes for running a great game! :mrgreen:

tldr:
- I kill drumstick because we have no leads, he is a good player and I think the count would have chosen him.
- I kill Denster because I want to gain trust with Mockmaster and Mori, so I tell them about Densters death before it happens
- In theory Denster's death should give me almsot 2hrs to gather info and share with Darkritual before I am killed by vamps at 10pm. This info includes gaining contact with the other vigilante and confirming if they are for real.
- Densters death is delayed and I am killed first, so didn't gain trust with anyone in time to get info.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:58 am

Memento Mori wrote:We killed Satriales

Ah, but I was just a normal villager by the time you killed me. 8-)

Dolph Wiggler
Joined in 2008

by Dolph Wiggler » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:45 am

Ah so the reason the vampires lost and the game was so one sided was entirely my fault, thanks dml.

Irene Demova
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

by Irene Demova » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:59 am

Wiggles wrote:Ah so the reason the vampires lost and the game was so one sided was entirely my fault, thanks dml.

You clearly lack the brilliance of playing style that DML has exhibited throughout the game :lol:

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:05 am

Excellent game Sykes.

I really did enjoy this, although sadly a combination of work and illness/tiredness really did in for my participation toward the end. Day 3 I was stupidly active, as I was certain I was dead- so I think I PM'ed Satriales, Zellery and Dan. as the only people who seemed trustworthy- hence why despite throwing fire at them a while, I think TAP and Mock trusted me as I'd known about Zell before they had. I got very lucky there. The dossiers also then slightly tweaked to throw the trial off Zell completely, not sure if it worked.

Hope everyone enjoyed the dossiers, I'll be back for more!

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:24 am

I just realised I was lucky with Com Shep. I thought he was a vampire until Mori told me otherwise. I even said his posting was suspicious. Only bad thing was, that he was a role and not a vampire.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Oh Teh Noes
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mina Murray

by Oh Teh Noes » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:28 am

Mockmaster wrote:
Oh Teh Noes wrote:
Mockmaster wrote:You will be glad to know that you have been seered (either by TAP or Dalax) as a Villager!

With the death of The Count, you can now be trusted to join THE SECRET SOCIETY and find out the identities of all your trusted brothers. You will no doubt play a vital role in helping us lynch that final vampire!

Godspeed, Villager!

When do we get the actual list? It'd be nice to not risk getting put up for the lynch.

Yeah, about that.

The only definitely safe people are me, you, TAP, Zellery and Banjo.

Noone else has been Seered that is still alive.

DarkRitual can also probably be trusted as he has known about Zellery being the Witch Doctor for a while.

Also, and please Keep this to yourself, but we kind of sort of PM'd everyone last night to say they had been Seered as Villagers. Bit of a crazy scheme but just thought it might provoke some kind of reaction from the last Vamp, or at least make real Villagers act a bit more outgoing/confident in the thread. It may tell us nothing but it was worth a shot.

Bear that in mind.

Good luck.

Good job, Zellery. :lol:

Dr Cottle wrote:My favourite flavour of popsicle is DICK.
Dolph Wiggler
Joined in 2008

by Dolph Wiggler » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:48 am

Irene Demova wrote:
Wiggles wrote:Ah so the reason the vampires lost and the game was so one sided was entirely my fault, thanks dml.

You clearly lack the brilliance of playing style that DML has exhibited throughout the game :lol:

And let's not forget the lack of class there. What an absolute dick. But then again what are you saying about him being a gooseberry fool player? Everyone knows all his experience at these games has made him one of the best and most important players. Oh wait...

Sorry for dragging the tone down, but those posts have really annoyed me. Not only about me, but about all 6 of us. I can't imagine how Sykes took the criticism of the game so well. Although then again noone had the complete lack of class to call him an idiot I guess.

aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

by aayl1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:09 am

An interesting game to read, and I'm gutted I was killed on the night (day, for me, I suppose) that I was going to start playing (due to my work deadlines being done). Still, well done to the villagers who played a great game, and commiserations to the Vamps, who got unlucky early on and were struggling from there, methinks.

I think the anonymous game is a great idea, and I also think that the best way to lynch people is people just vote straight out in the thread for who they want - most votes by deadline gets killed. This prevents the vampires block voting and also stirs up a lot more proactive discussion, rather than let the mayor decide to and you flip a coin between them, or whatever.

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:34 am

The anonymous thing would be a great twist, too. Especially if nobody knew who had signed up. I'm hoping the next one is soon- I imagine these games aren't supposed to finish in just under a week.

Maybe once I've played a couple more, I'll run one.

Donk
Joined in 2009
AKA: Donk

by Donk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:42 am

Not sure if it's been done already, but Wiggles should have to have this as his avatar for losing:

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:47 am

So what happened in the previous games hosted here, out of interest? Apart from Denny getting shot and DML's infamous "There are no werewolves."

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:20 am

Fantastic game, many thanks to Sykes for running it. It's nice to be on the winning team for a change!

Do we get fancy sigs for winning?

Songwriter
Joined in 2008

by Songwriter » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:27 am

Zellery said we could have killed MM at any time cos he was never protected.

Ahhh man. Anytime!!! Except when he was mayor, which was nearly 50% of the time.
Oh and the time he was protected.

But apart from that, anytime !

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:28 am

Villagers use tactics to win, and all of a sudden it's unfair and boring?

Songwriter
Joined in 2008

by Songwriter » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:03 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:Villagers use tactics to win, and all of a sudden it's unfair and boring?

If I played you at Street Fighter and pressed one button and spam attacked you to death, would you find that unfair and boring?

I’m playing the game; its my tactic - dont see the difference.

Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:06 am

Songwriter wrote:Zellery said we could have killed MM at any time cos he was never protected.

But Mori was a vampire :?

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:07 am

He means MockMaster.

Return to “Archive”