The PlayStation 4 Thread | PSN hit by DDoS attack

Our best bits.
Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The PlayStation 4 Thread | Greatness Arrives
by Saint of Killers » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Death's Head wrote:I wonder why Sony are giving 3 free games on PSN. Are they multiplayer only? Can't see myself downloading 5GB games TBH.

The F2P games?

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:24 pm

jawafour wrote:...Meanwhile, Amazon are now trying to do me over with the Georgiou / Ricky 'lost' parcel saga...

Strawberry floating hell - Mrs Georgiou has just delivered the pad / stand parcel!!! DPD delivered the parcel to the wrong number on the wrong street, but she has just dropped it off at my mum and dad's place!

DPD (Ricky)- Strawberry floating w***er!
Mrs Georgiou - Strawberry floating diamond!

So I've got a pad, a stand and a game. Now just need a PS4 and for PSN to work :-).

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Death's Head wrote:I wonder why Sony are giving 3 free games on PSN. Are they multiplayer only? Can't see myself downloading 5GB games TBH.

You mean DCU Online, War Thunder and Warframe?

They are all F2P titles supported by micro-transactions and only DCU Online has anything to do with Sony (and then its SOE).

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:25 pm

jawafour wrote:
jawafour wrote:...Meanwhile, Amazon are now trying to do me over with the Georgiou / Ricky 'lost' parcel saga...

Strawberry floating hell - Mrs Georgiou has just delivered the pad / stand parcel!!! DPD delivered the parcel to the wrong number on the wrong street, but she has just dropped it off at my mum and dad's place!

DPD (Ricky)- Strawberry floating w***er!
Mrs Georgiou - Strawberry floating diamond!

So I've got a pad, a stand and a game. Now just need a PS4 and for PSN to work :-).

Lovely lady. :wub:

Apps and games have different D/L queues! New gen. 8-)

Ignore my excitement if this was the case on PS3 too.

Last edited by Saint of Killers on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:26 pm

So who got the PS4? I'm so confused.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:27 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Lovely lady. :wub:

Mrs Georgiou will live in the memory as the champion of the PS4 launch - sod off Banderas, we have a new hero!

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Oh my god, the mics are atrocious. Nothing but echo, muffled, it's like I've gone back to 1999.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:So who got the PS4? I'm so confused.

DPD said they delivered Jawa's PS4 when it was actually a PS4 pad/stand that the driver dropped off... to the wrong address. He's still waiting on the PS4.

SillySprout
Joined in 2008
AKA: SillySprout

by SillySprout » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Killzone looks great, as does Battlefield, Playroom is a laugh, but my standout game at the moment is Resogun. Great fun, good looking and full on, much like Super Stardust :)

The only member named after an outrageous vegetable!
Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Harry Bizzle wrote:Playing Killzone. Looks alright.
Only had a quick look at this so far and thought much the same. Really feel like PS3 should be able to handle this and Resogun.

Yes?
Ord
Joined in 2008

by Ord » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Christ! I think my eyes are bleeding! Resogun is God like! :datass: :wub:

ImageImage
Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Apps and games have different D/L queues! New gen. 8-)

Ignore my excitement if this was the case on PS3 too.

:o Everything is D/L at once!

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:33 pm

The UI really needs some work.

instagram: @habiz
PurplePenguin
Joined in 2008

by PurplePenguin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:33 pm

I've installed everything and got Warframe downloading. It doesn't appear you can pause downloads though I was wondering will they automatically pause if you start playing a game online?

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Harry Bizzle wrote:Playing Killzone. Looks alright.
Only had a quick look at this so far and thought much the same. Really feel like PS3 should be able to handle this and Resogun.

Probably. But they wouldn't look or perform as well.

Hime
Joined in 2008

by Hime » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:36 pm

BID0 wrote:
Hime wrote:Temptation to open has simmered after checking in on here and seeing them go for £500+ on Ebay.

Probably not worth it. eBay would take 10% I think, as well as PayPal taking another 10% and then postage would be about £12-15 so you wouldn't make a profit until you go past around £430 mark

I was thinking about it myself after driveclub was delayed.

20% for Ebay and Paypal, are you sure. That £500 doesn't include the £15-£30 p&p.

Bertie
Joined in 2011

by Bertie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Given up on BF4 for the evening, its odd at times. No 'start' doesnt helping backing out of empty servers.

Tried the 'share' button and its very neat and quite cool, editing is simple too. Problem is it seems to glitch every time i press 'share' in that BF4 won't recognise any controller input.

All games i've played look incredible, killzone by some margin but its pretty average so far. Resogun is awesome fun for short bursts, and i need to learn the game.

Controller is awesome, so good, and the little speaker at the front is quite a nice feature. Will be good to see what they can do with it in future.

Andrew Mills
Guides Sec.
Joined in 2008

by Andrew Mills » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Pro tip: Leave remote VITA play alone until ALL downloads are done for your PS4. It'll totally strawberry float up your FPS when playing on the VITA (even if sitting right beside the PS4). Was seamless registering the Vita with the PS4 mind.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Hime wrote:
BID0 wrote:
Hime wrote:Temptation to open has simmered after checking in on here and seeing them go for £500+ on Ebay.

Probably not worth it. eBay would take 10% I think, as well as PayPal taking another 10% and then postage would be about £12-15 so you wouldn't make a profit until you go past around £430 mark

I was thinking about it myself after driveclub was delayed.

20% for Ebay and Paypal, are you sure. That £500 doesn't include the £15-£30 p&p.

Just in case you're not aware, PayPal take a cut of the p&p now.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:49 pm

Andrew Mills wrote:Pro tip: Leave remote VITA play alone until ALL downloads are done for your PS4. It'll totally strawberry float up your FPS when playing on the VITA (even if sitting right beside the PS4). Was seamless registering the Vita with the PS4 mind.

Ta for the heads up! I'll be remote playing once this 2GB (!) Contrast D/L is down.

Return to “Archive”