The PlayStation 4 Thread | PSN hit by DDoS attack

Our best bits.
jimbojango
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The PlayStation 4 Thread | Greatness Arrives
by jimbojango » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Spent the day playing, Killzone looks sooo good, NFS is really good fun, and Resogun made me feel 15 again.

My son is now back from school and having payed NFS for a bit he chose to out on his Tom and Jerry DVD on it instead! :shock:

I haven't had any problems with PSN, and the initial update was seamless. Looking forward to updating my friends list and playing with some of you. Hope you all get your consoles and in the games soon.

Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Joined in 2008

by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:09 pm

PurplePenguin wrote:Have Sony actually said anything in relation to the PSN downtime? i.e. when they expect they will lift a finger?

Earlier I was getting error messages and then it said it was down for maintenance, now I'm just getting a -

edit: holy strawberry float I'm in :slol:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Steve
Proprietor
Joined in 2008

by Steve » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:10 pm

Like many people, I can't even log in. This is a strawberry floating shambles. How many years have they had to plan and build the necessary infrastructure to support the PS4? Wankers.

Osito
Joined in 2008

by Osito » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Updated without problems
Logged in on third attempt
Resogun and Contrast downloaded really quickly
Killzone doesn't have any Spanish options, really disappointing
The system is lovely and slick so far

NickSCFC
Joined in 2008

by NickSCFC » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Next season's PlayStation branded McLaren

Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Joined in 2008

by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:17 pm

final-fx wrote:Updated without problems
Logged in on third attempt
Resogun and Contrast downloaded really quickly
Killzone doesn't have any Spanish options, really disappointing
The system is lovely and slick so far

And then you woke up and saw the spinny circle with Please wait... beside it?

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF

by Mafro » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Resogun is brilliant.

I managed to log into PSN okay, but stuff like the friends list and invitations don't seem to be loading properly.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
Samuel_1
Joined in 2008

by Samuel_1 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Steve wrote:Like many people, I can't even log in. This is a strawberry floating shambles. How many years have they had to plan and build the necessary infrastructure to support the PS4? Wankers.

Same sort of thing happened on Xbox Live last week for some people. I can sign on fine, it's a bit weird that it's only effecting some people, perhaps it's down to where you live......?

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
PurplePenguin
Joined in 2008

by PurplePenguin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm on PSN...a question I have an answer to your trophies do carry over if you've unlocked any on your 'user1' profile

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Probably won't get a chance to play anything properly until Sunday, which is a bit of a nuisance. Might be able to have a quick blast of Resogun tonight or the FIFA demo if they download quickly enough (PSN itself permitting).

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:
Steve wrote:Like many people, I can't even log in. This is a strawberry floating shambles. How many years have they had to plan and build the necessary infrastructure to support the PS4? Wankers.

Same sort of thing happened on Xbox Live last week for some people. I can sign on fine, it's a bit weird that it's only effecting some people, perhaps it's down to where you live......?

I don't understand how it can work for some and not others.

PurplePenguin
Joined in 2008

by PurplePenguin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Floex wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:

I think they are in the process of fixing it as we speak as to how and why some people get on I couldn't tell you I've been trying like mad all day.

I've updated Killzone and now I'm just downloading the Battlefield 4 patch.

Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Downloading warframe :)

Samuel_1
Joined in 2008

by Samuel_1 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Floex wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:

Different servers or something? This is beyond my level of technical knowledge, which, to be fair, is pretty much non-existent in the first place.... :oops:

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:27 pm

PurplePenguin wrote:
Floex wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:

I think they are in the process of fixing it as we speak as to how and why some people get on I couldn't tell you I've been trying like mad all day.

Can you update without logging in?

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Mine seemed to sign in and get my profile then I was signed out again. :|

This is crap.

instagram: @habiz
Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF

by Mafro » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:30 pm

DC Universe Online is 28GB. I'll just leave that downloading overnight, no strawberry floating chance I'm downloading it just now when there's no pause download feature.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
PurplePenguin
Joined in 2008

by PurplePenguin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:31 pm

Floex wrote:
PurplePenguin wrote:
Floex wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:

Can you update without logging in?

No I don't think so I managed to log in after numerous attempts because Killzone was in the drive it found the update and downloaded it so I quickly came off Killzone stuck in Battlefield and it began downloading the patch for that. The Killzone one is only about 20mb the Battlefield 4 one is 600mb.

It's been on PSN now for about 25 minutes without logging me out so hopefully within the next couple of hours everyone will be on.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:34 pm

I seem to be online :o

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:34 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:I have that and just had quick go on it and the PS4 for you....When playing I would say it was noisier than the Slim (due to fan noise) but not massively so, and there are periods when playing where it quietens down to better than Slim levels.

That's magic - thanks very much for doing the comparison, SoK!

Meanwhile, Amazon are now trying to do me over with the Georgiou / Ricky 'lost' parcel saga. They say that the pad and the stand aren't in stock so they'll refund me and I can re-order; whilst they neglected to say that they've raised their prices and so it would cost me fifteen quid more than what I paid for the 'lost' parcel.

Needless to say I've made it clear that this is not my preferred course of action.

Return to “Archive”