The PlayStation 4 Thread | PSN hit by DDoS attack

Our best bits.
KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

PostRe: The PlayStation 4 Thread | Greatness Arrives
by KjGarly » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:45 pm

I seemed to spend all my time so far trying to get online which really pissed me off. Already played the SP of BF4 so wasn't keen on starting that and I got stuck in Killzone due to falling on a tiny ledge near a waterfall just as it happened to save a checkpoint :x

Got online in the end and left it to download updates etc.

Image Image
Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:46 pm

The downloads speeds are quick. Impressed.

PurplePenguin
Joined in 2008

by PurplePenguin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:47 pm

Couple of details for those that don't know. Warframe is 4.1gb download. DC universe Online is a biggy 28.1gb and War Thunder is 7.7gb. Flower is £6.49. Thought at least one person might want to know some of that.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:47 pm

Is someones ID from here called hey_paul_?

Steve
Proprietor
Joined in 2008

by Steve » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:48 pm

HSH28 wrote:
Steve wrote:Worst console launch ever. When you can't even log in to the strawberry floating thing then I really don't know what could have been worse with the exception of a faulty unit.

You can play on the thing though, just not logged in (and indeed some people can log in).

Its not a complete disaster, put it that way.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/ ... ouncement/

We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimise the inconvenience we have suspended the “redeem voucher” functionality whilst we investigate further. Unfortunately this means that money cards, product vouchers, PlayStation Plus vouchers, PS3-PS4 upgrade vouchers and any other vouchers for digital content are not redeemable at this stage.

It's a strawberry floating disaster.

Hime
Joined in 2008

by Hime » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Temptation to open has simmered after checking in on here and seeing them go for £500+ on Ebay.

PurplePenguin
Joined in 2008

by PurplePenguin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:51 pm

Assassins Creed 4 has a 144mb update. Resogun is 461mb

BID0
Joined in 2008

by BID0 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Hime wrote:Temptation to open has simmered after checking in on here and seeing them go for £500+ on Ebay.

Probably not worth it. eBay would take 10% I think, as well as PayPal taking another 10% and then postage would be about £12-15 so you wouldn't make a profit until you go past around £430 mark

I was thinking about it myself after driveclub was delayed.

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:58 pm

I found the first thing I dislike about the PS4...I can't have the sound coming just out of the theatre system! I've selected Optical but the TV speaker still outputs sound which has two issues:
- sound balance becomes distorted
- there's a possibility that I could damage my TV speakers if the audio level isn't quite right in a game

I don't want to be turning down the sound every time I want to use my PS4.

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:59 pm

After multiple attempts I have finally logged in to the PSN. Flying through all this set up nonsense...

Wiggy G32
Joined in 2008
AKA: cpc3232

by Wiggy G32 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:59 pm

my mate was told by amazon he wont be able to get a replacement till after xmas?? makes no strawberry floating sense. hopefully sony will be able to replace it a lot bloody quicker!

Rik
Joined in 2008

by Rik » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:00 pm

Steve wrote:
HSH28 wrote:
Steve wrote:Worst console launch ever. When you can't even log in to the strawberry floating thing then I really don't know what could have been worse with the exception of a faulty unit.

You can play on the thing though, just not logged in (and indeed some people can log in).

Its not a complete disaster, put it that way.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/ ... ouncement/

We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimise the inconvenience we have suspended the “redeem voucher” functionality whilst we investigate further. Unfortunately this means that money cards, product vouchers, PlayStation Plus vouchers, PS3-PS4 upgrade vouchers and any other vouchers for digital content are not redeemable at this stage.

It's a strawberry floating disaster.

Yep they could get away with it when it was free but people are paying for this gooseberry fool now.

Neogaf: Riky
1>3>4>2
Joined in 2008
AKA: Anung

by 1>3>4>2 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:06 pm

posting from PS4 everything seems buttery smooth so far

Ad7 wrote:GOT GUD :datass:

Check out my youtube channel where I sporadically release videos whenever I can be bothered. https://www.youtube.com/user/contardation
Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:08 pm

OK the mics are atrocious. Plus, no party in BF4 :|

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF

by Mafro » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Floex wrote:OK the mics are atrocious. Plus, no party in BF4 :|

I haven't tried the headset yet. I'm waiting for this to be released over here so I can use my Turtle Beach X12s on PS4 http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-deta ... -cable/464

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Logged in to the PSN, but still can't download anything from the Store. Constantly greeted by an Error message for everything.

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Had no problems online when I set it up at noon and no problems 6pm to 7pm when I was showing it to my kids. I'm sure those who currently have problems will get through them quickly and at least you can play the games. Surprised that trophies earned on the PS3 show their rarity, thought it would be only PS4 games.

Yes?
Andrew Mills
Guides Sec.
Joined in 2008

by Andrew Mills » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:19 pm

Finding KZ a bit meh tbh. Probably due to being spoilt with BF4 on Ultra settings on my PC. Hopefully it'll be better once I can get this strawberry floating 1.51 update downloaded (for a second time it seems :fp:).

NickSCFC
Joined in 2008

by NickSCFC » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:19 pm

Why don't you guys stop trying to log into PSN and just play some single player or rub your penis on the controller.

Last edited by NickSCFC on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm surprised people weren't expecting this, it's not surprised me one bit. I don't expect things to be much better much before 48 hours

Return to “Archive”