CW2SvS SPY vs SPY version 2 - new rules page 18

Our best bits.
FatDaz
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CW2SvS FG - PM's sent. 1st Code guess page 8
by FatDaz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Roonmastor wrote:It'd be good to extend the code and get some cross-team chatter going on.

I considered having 1 big code for both teams, each team having different parts of it, and the spies having to relay that info between the teams. I thought the race idea with seperate codes would be better. Hmm im still not sure.

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:47 pm

I never even got the chance to post this.

Oh Teh Noes
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mina Murray

by Oh Teh Noes » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:51 pm

We had a lot of behind-the-scenes discussion...

Dr Cottle wrote:My favourite flavour of popsicle is DICK.
FatDaz
Joined in 2008

by FatDaz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:57 pm

I toyed with having a third faction, The Chinese, but the numbers required would have been too high. I think the basic concept is in place it just needs that final tweaking to make it better.

The more I think, the more i favour an 8 digit code 2 teams needing the same code. Each team has 3 pieces and 3 clues. The spies role becomes essential in relaying the opposition info back to their team. Then every 3 days a lynching on each team to get rid of spy. The race would be more heated and the banter between teams would be vital, trading clues? fake info, deliberate discussions in thread to throw people off etc. The only problem is it would discourage posting in the thread. too much back scenes discussion can make the game dull. Anyone else have ideas or suggestions?

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:19 pm

The Alchemist Penguin wrote:Well, mcjihge2's plan was for him to let someone he "trusted" know that he also had a clue, but didn't want to say anything because of how it would make him look like a spy.

Then a random while later one of us Russians would blunder into the thread and start "panicking" about being alerted that one of our team mates had a third clue, that revealed the spy had a "manipulative ability". Hopefully making mcjihge2's reveal seem trustworthy, throwing into doubt the US clues and buying us a while to work on our code more. We were hoping to throw doubt on the "But a Soviet's name might be" clue, since that bit at the end made it seem a bit wonky. It would have eventually ended with mcjihge2 being found out, but this game is just about buying time so it would have been perfect for doing that.

As for the clue, finding out that Bork was the spy removed his letter from the equation, and proved Tennant's innocence. That left us with only two possible code answers, OTF and OTR. Bork mentioned R once in the thread, so I thought OTF was a better choice for tonight.

We kept all this secret in case Bork alerted one of you guys, and we never mentioned the code we intended to use because you would figure out how close we were to getting it if Bork had told you our code. By watching the thread, you were still messing about with your code and hadn't yet planned to use W in the right place, so if you kept the code order you were talking about we'd have two days to get our code right, and we only had two possible choices so...

:mrgreen:

How did mcjihge2 get in touch with you? Would have been game over if he had told our spy our code. :lol:

FatDaz
Joined in 2008

by FatDaz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:26 pm

Roonmastor wrote:How did mcjihge2 get in touch with you? Would have been game over if he had told our spy our code. :lol:

Good point, how did he know who to trust, he may have been confiding in the other spy :lol:

mcjihge2
Joined in 2008

by mcjihge2 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Well played team. You made a good call on that code. Totally got me off the hook i think, i really thought my tactic had messed the game up and given it to team US.

TAP - did you suspect teh bork before i pointed the "O" business out to you?

My tactic was to lay low and helpful in the US team and hope that inactives would give us a head start. I was playing GOW2 horde and lost track of time. But i kind of paniced when there was no lynch on the first day and the russian team failed to get all the information out to enter a code in time, I also realised that given the clues there were only really 2 possible combinations, and when FE eventually gave up the final letter i thought it was game over by wednesday at the latest.

The US team where calling the russian spy incompetant - and i really felt i had strawberry floated up proper. I was going to look like a complete idiot at that point. I eventually had the idea at about 3am to contact the rest of the team, i looked back through the thread, saw that teh bork was abit suspicious (and OTN, but thankfully TAP made a good call on that one). I decided that i could trust the clue holders, the "nothing" holders and SD, so I PMed TAP at about 3am. I got up too early and had another idea about making up a false 3rd clue and by linking up with the red team to follow suit i though it might buy us time out of a sticky situation.

I think in thread the US team posted the next choice of code that was wrong, so i decided i could stay quiet and lay low for another day. I have to ask the US team, after poor old tamlin who was next on your list for lynching?

I also had this lined up as one of my other contingencies;

"Ive just got a message from the leader FatDaz, If you enter FUK as the code it will summon;"

THE ZOMBIE ABRAHAM LEWISD LINCON

"LewisD enters the thread and kills off 2 people from the russian team."

But luckily i didnt have to use that one either. Well done Russian team

SlayerX
Staying Dead
Oh teh Noes
Memento Mori
Pheonix Tennant
Humourous Name
Look Over There
Iron Hide
HrC
The Alchemist Penguin

Xbox Live: GCE
The Alchemist Penguin
Joined in 2008

by The Alchemist Penguin » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Roonmastor wrote:How did mcjihge2 get in touch with you? Would have been game over if he had told our spy our code. :lol:

He contacted me after I had narrowed the list of spy suspects down to the "Code" group. There was no way anyone else could have been the spy after we got the 5 bits of code, so it was a safe choice.

mcjihge2 wrote:TAP - did you suspect teh bork before i pointed the "O" business out to you?

No, that was all you! :mrgreen:

Irene Demova
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

by Irene Demova » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:36 pm

The Alchemist Penguin wrote:

He contacted me after I had narrowed the list of spy suspects down to the "Code" group. There was no way anyone else could have been the spy after we got the 5 bits of code, so it was a safe choice.

mcjihge2 wrote:TAP - did you suspect teh bork before i pointed the "O" business out to you?

No, that was all you! :mrgreen:

Was I not trustworthy enough to be contacted?

FatDaz
Joined in 2008

by FatDaz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:36 pm

Well now the dust has settled I think the game was both a success and a failure. Im happy that it prompted strategy and planning and unique ways to buy time or work out the code.

However I felt it failed as looking back the codes were a wee bit easy and the clues practicaly gave you the answer. Im glad there was mistrust as well. The idea of the spy was to disrupt teamwork in a game that NEEDED teamwork. Soviets excelled in this so kudos to them.

I enjoyed running it, as brief as it was. It was fun to watch the thread and see where peoples thoughts were going, and also to watch the spies and see how they played the game!

I have high hopes this format can be adapted into a popular game. Thank you all for playing and trusting in a random game idea!

mcjihge2
Joined in 2008

by mcjihge2 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Yes, once all the information had come to light i could trust any of the 2 clue holders, the 4 "nothing" holders and SD because of the vowel and the clue, so i avoided the others. When i chose to be a "nothing" holder in the US team i did so because i woul have been hiding in the "biggest crowd" so my odds of getting found out were lowest. - but it was only after i decided that that i realised that it meant taht given the letters and the clues the US team only had 2 possible choices for the code and i would have lost the game within 2 days :fp:

But luckily the rest of the team saved my blushes.

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:41 pm

Ah, so it didn't occur until day two. Smart play.

Dunno who would have gone after Brick. May have been you, mcjihge2 as the other non-codies were rather active in comparison.

mcjihge2
Joined in 2008

by mcjihge2 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:47 pm

HumourousName wrote: Was I not trustworthy enough to be contacted?

Sorry, I would have contacted you but i cant spell humourous :fp: , i can barely spell my own name :lol: . I think in the end i only pmed 4 people. the "To" multiiple usernames on the pm was taking forever to load in on my computer and even crashed once. I had MM in mind for the megaton post, but TAP said he wasnt picking up pms - i think his inbox is full, so you were the good alternative. I was going to contact you so i could photoshop your fatdaz "nothing pm" and pass it off as mine.

Irene Demova
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

by Irene Demova » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:48 pm

mcjihge2 wrote:
HumourousName wrote: Was I not trustworthy enough to be contacted?

Sorry, I would have contacted you but i cant spell humourous :fp: , i can barely spell my own name :lol: . I think in the end i only pmed 4 people. the "To" multiiple usernames on the pm was taking forever to load in on my computer and even crashed once. I had MM in mind for the megaton post, but TAP said he wasnt picking up pms - i think his inbox is full, so you were the good alternative. I was going to contact you so i could photoshop your fatdaz "nothing pm" and pass it off as mine.

No problem, but ehy noes? he was still a suspect?

Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Kanbei » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:51 pm

Well that was quick :lol:

mcjihge2
Joined in 2008

by mcjihge2 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:58 pm

HumourousName wrote:No problem, but ehy noes? he was still a suspect?

I couldnt be certain if that he wasnt the spy, so i had to go with the safe ones.

Roonmastor wrote:Dunno who would have gone after Brick. May have been you, mcjihge2 as the other non-codies were rather active in comparison.

I figured it might have been mic. I was going to play on his bobby digital style postings to try and divert attention on him. I think i was also going to point to the fact that i was the first to put forward the "reveal everything in thread strategy" which the team evetually did and i think you where the first to reveal your letter.

teh bork
Joined in 2008

by teh bork » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Well done to the Russians, to be fair I sucked as a spy, but I gave it my shot. Cheers for making the game FatDaz, though I think that only 3 letters, yet 2 clues made it slightly easy, if this is ran again, then I think more letters are needed, but it was good while it lasted.

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:01 am

I didn't really play very actively as I didn't understand it, but I was a hacker and invunerable. I didn't quite understande what from, or what I had to do. I had fun anyway.

Good job all.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Look Over There
Joined in 2008

by Look Over There » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:40 am

I tried!
:(

HrC
Joined in 2008

by HrC » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:30 am

Wow, that was quick... Well done everyone! Was just catching up with the posts then realised we had won lol. I was looking forward to seeing the Smirnoff Peoples Army scenario appear too :(

Return to “Archive”