Nintendo Switch Chat thread

Our best bits.
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by gamerforever » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Poser wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:Pro controller is far, far from bare minimum. I'm not getting one and I see little reason why anyone would need to


It's almost as if gamerforever was talking shite. First time for everything, I guess.


No, you need the pro controller imo. Removing the joycons looks fiddly!

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by Rax » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:59 pm

Or it looks like an absolute breeze and youre only giving out because theres no Sony logo on the machine.

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by Pedz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:59 pm

They slip on and off, how the strawberry float does it look fiddly? Come on now, stop being a tit.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by Poser » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:00 pm

gamerforever wrote:
Poser wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:Pro controller is far, far from bare minimum. I'm not getting one and I see little reason why anyone would need to


It's almost as if gamerforever was talking shite. First time for everything, I guess.


No, you need the pro controller imo. Removing the joycons looks fiddly!


Fine, don't buy it. :| Our definitions of 'bare minimum' clearly differ wildly.

Seems to me you want to spend loads of time on here talking about how much you want to buy it, but then finding reasons not to buy it.

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by ITSMILNER » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Didn't this happen in the Wii U thread as well :lol:

Image
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by Rax » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:05 pm

He'll get it when its £2, outputs at native 8k, comes with 5 games bundled and makes breakfast. Theres no value there otherwise.

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by Poser » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Rax wrote:He'll get it when its £2, outputs at native 8k, comes with 5 games bundled and makes breakfast. Theres no value there otherwise.


Nah, the controllers need to detach themselves and fly into his hands like Luke summoning his lightsaber.

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by Poser » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Amazon have cancelled that £2 pre-order. banana splits.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRakoon
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by OrangeRakoon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Poser wrote:Nah, the controllers need to detach themselves and fly into his hands like Luke summoning his lightsaber.


Not gonna lie, now you've said it I want this.

"bare minimum" should be a term reserved for things /actually required/ to use the console. Any other use is hyperbolic.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by ITSMILNER » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Poser wrote:Amazon have cancelled that £2 pre-order. banana splits.


Mine is still showing as pre-ordered :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by Poser » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:39 pm

magicmilner wrote:
Poser wrote:Amazon have cancelled that £2 pre-order. banana splits.


Mine is still showing as pre-ordered :shifty:


I had an email. :(

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by ITSMILNER » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:43 pm

Poser wrote:
magicmilner wrote:
Poser wrote:Amazon have cancelled that £2 pre-order. banana splits.


Mine is still showing as pre-ordered :shifty:


I had an email. :(


I'll keep an eye out for mine in the next few minutes, shame but I guess it was too good to be true

Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by The Watching Artist » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Coconut Bob wrote:
Super Dragon 64 wrote:
Coconut Bob wrote:Don't think the pro controller is a minimum requirement, from most impressions I've read it seems the grip will be more than adequate for most people. I reckon the system and Zelda (Game are doing that for £320) would be enough to get started, given what a big game Zelda is as well.

I keep forgetting that a grip is included because I'm planning to use the Joy-Cons like two Wii Remotes when the Switch isn't in handheld mode. I'm excited! :toot:
My only slight concern at the moment is that the sticks aren't really offset from the buttons which may result in it not being as comfortable for long periods of time. We'll see though.

Yeah it was a little cramped even when just playing MK. But the grip means your hand holds it at an angle so it's more like the stick is offset slightly.

Image
User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Brighton

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by PatSharpsMullet » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Poser wrote:
magicmilner wrote:
Poser wrote:Amazon have cancelled that £2 pre-order. banana splits.


Mine is still showing as pre-ordered :shifty:


I had an email. :(

I've had the email and it's also showing as cancelled in my orders. :(

Image
User avatar
PuppetBoy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by PuppetBoy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Mine is still showing as an active order and I've yet to receive an email. I know it's only a matter of time but still. Come on amazon, forget about me. :shifty:

Image
User avatar
mic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: I'm on my way...

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by mic » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Conversely, I've just had an email from very assuring me that my switch + Zelda order is on track for delivery on March 3rd :-)

User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by Super Dragon 64 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:49 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Poser wrote:Nah, the controllers need to detach themselves and fly into his hands like Luke summoning his lightsaber.


Not gonna lie, now you've said it I want this.

"bare minimum" should be a term reserved for things /actually required/ to use the console. Any other use is hyperbolic.

This kind of thinking makes me sick.

Image
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by Jazzem » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:50 pm

PuppetBoy wrote:Mine is still showing as an active order and I've yet to receive an email. I know it's only a matter of time but still. Come on amazon, forget about me. :shifty:


Ha, exactly the same here. Ah well, folks on GAF are getting £5 vouchers if they complain upon cancellation so that's something at least.

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by The Watching Artist » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:24 pm

Jazzem wrote:
PuppetBoy wrote:Mine is still showing as an active order and I've yet to receive an email. I know it's only a matter of time but still. Come on amazon, forget about me. :shifty:


Ha, exactly the same here. Ah well, folks on GAF are getting £5 vouchers if they complain upon cancellation so that's something at least.

Ad7 wrote:Got 10 12 switch digital keys for sale. £25 each :shifty:

Wonder if Ad7 can get £50 :shifty:

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat | Launching March 3rd RRP £279.99
by ITSMILNER » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:28 pm

My order is still in place at the moment, wonder if i'll get away with it?

Image

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests