Splatoon 2 [Switch]

Anything to do with games at all.
That
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by That » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Tomous wrote:The salmon run schedule is so stupid.

I don't mind stage and mode rotation but unless I'm mistaken it's not open now until Sat at 1am!

It would be better if Salmon Run were a legit mode you could play any time, and had a map schedule. Surely that idea is so obvious that they must be working on it.

EDIT: Ah, good, I Googled it and apparently this is happening. At the very least, more maps, and I imagine that will open up a more generous schedule. :toot:

by 7256930752 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:38 am

Karl wrote:

I don't mind stage and mode rotation but unless I'm mistaken it's not open now until Sat at 1am!

It would be better if Salmon Run were a legit mode you could play any time, and had a map schedule. Surely that idea is so obvious that they must be working on it.

EDIT: Ah, good, I Googled it and apparently this is happening. At the very least, more maps, and I imagine that will open up a more generous schedule. :toot:

Presumably they are also working on a way to change your load out in game then.

Seriously, the ranked games are so good but if your team hasn't picked the right weapons you may as well leave the game.

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:45 am

Hime wrote:...Seriously, the ranked games are so good but if your team hasn't picked the right weapons you may as well leave the game.

I'm new to the game... but are some me weapons a bit duff, then? I'd assumed that they could all work pretty well if used in the "right" way?

by 7256930752 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:54 am

jawafour wrote:
Hime wrote:...Seriously, the ranked games are so good but if your team hasn't picked the right weapons you may as well leave the game.

I'm new to the game... but are some me weapons a bit duff, then? I'd assumed that they could all work pretty well if used in the "right" way?

Some weapons work better in certain game types. If you're entire team has picked close range weapons and the opposition has long range weapons you can end being completely hamstrung without the option to do anything about it.

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:00 am

Hime wrote:Some weapons work better in certain game types. If you're entire team has picked close range weapons and the opposition has long range weapons you can end being completely hamstrung without the option to do anything about it.

Ah, okay, dude. I guess there is an element of chance in discovering what weaponary the teams have.... in my brief game session I had a few instances where long-range weapons were splatting me without me even really knowing where they were!

A noob question (I've only played for an hour) - how do you get the map to appear?

by 7256930752 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:07 am

jawafour wrote:
Hime wrote:Some weapons work better in certain game types. If you're entire team has picked close range weapons and the opposition has long range weapons you can end being completely hamstrung without the option to do anything about it.

Ah, okay, dude. I guess there is an element of chance in discovering what weaponary the teams have.... in my brief game session I had a few instances where long-range weapons were splatting me without me even really knowing where they were!

A noob question (I've only played for an hour) - how do you get the map to appear?

I take it you're just playing turf war at the moment? Get the aerospray, it's used by the majority of people as it's by far the best weapon for that game type.

*edit* press - you see the map. When you respawn you can press x to super jump to your team mates.

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:09 am

Hime wrote:I take it you're just playing turf war at the moment? Get the aerospray, it's used by the majority of people as it's by far the best weapon for that game type.

Yeah, I've only played Regular Battle (Turf War) so far. I did notice that I'd got splatted quite a lot by Aerospray guns, so I'll look to build up the coin to get one of them. Thanks, Hime.

Edit: Ah, the map is on Minus! Ta!

KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:38 am

First time I've came across t-bagging twats. Yesterday and this morning. In a bloody Nintendo game for Christ's sake.

Made it my life's bloody goal to hunt them down and destroy them. Which I did :nod:

Playing this btw with the Pro pad is a different ball game. So much better.

OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:37 am

KjGarly wrote:First time I've came across t-bagging twats. Yesterday and this morning. In a bloody Nintendo game for Christ's sake.

But how? You can't crouch and there is no body when you die

orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:55 am

OrangeRakoon wrote:
KjGarly wrote:First time I've came across t-bagging twats. Yesterday and this morning. In a bloody Nintendo game for Christ's sake.

But how? You can't crouch and there is no body when you die

When you 'die' you still get to see the inkling who's killed you and they stand on the spot hitting the L trigger to go in and out of the ink fast. Splatoon version of a t-bag..

OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:41 am

I mean that just means they aren't inking so it's an advantage for you ;)

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:59 am

OrangeRakoon wrote:I mean that just means they aren't inking so it's an advantage for you ;)

Exactly. Its utterly stupid and detriment to their team so let them continue.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:04 pm

I think the matchmaking takes into account what weapon people are using, that's why you can't change when in a lobby.

New weapon coming tomorrow

twitter.com/NinWire/status/890881122154033152

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 pm

Mafro wrote:I think the matchmaking takes into account what weapon people are using, that's why you can't change when in a lobby.

Which would make some sense, but people are able to join friends which can throw it completely out

That
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

by That » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Mafro wrote:I think the matchmaking takes into account what weapon people are using, that's why you can't change when in a lobby.

New weapon coming tomorrow

twitter.com/NinWire/status/890881122154033152

I'm excited :toot:

That
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

by That » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:39 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:

Which would make some sense, but people are able to join friends which can throw it completely out

I was on an all-rollers team yesterday. It was pretty funny and we won :toot:

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:00 pm

I wish there was some kind of balance when it comes to rank. I'm only rank 5 and always seem to end up on a team with people ranked 1-10 and up against a team of people ranked 10-20 so they have way better gear than any of us could possibly have.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Do you have to rank up to get gear with more than 2 stat slots? All the gear I can even see only has 2 slots.

You mean level up, the higher your level the rarer gear with more slots will appear in the shops. But you can still order any gear you want from other players in the plaza, regardless of your level and you can also add slots to any gear your want using sea snails from splatfests.

Lagamorph wrote:I wish there was some kind of balance when it comes to rank. I'm only rank 5 and always seem to end up on a team with people ranked 1-10 and up against a team of people ranked 10-20 so they have way better gear than any of us could possibly have.

You mean level not rank, level means almost nothing as it is something that just increases over time based on how much ink you have spunked everywhere which isn't hard. It's based on skill and play style and current winstreak and weapon types, generally you won't see level distance more than that.

Made it my life's bloody goal to hunt them down and destroy them. Which I did :nod:

Playing this btw with the Pro pad is a different ball game. So much better.

I just do that because I like making the "wop wop" sound. :lol:

jawafour wrote:

Basically yeah the weapons are situation specific and work depending on how you want to approach obstacles.

Hime wrote:
Karl wrote:

Presumably they are also working on a way to change your load out in game then.

Seriously, the ranked games are so good but if your team hasn't picked the right weapons you may as well leave the game.

I disagree, I think this provides further challenge for example if you are going up against 3 or 4 scopes it's easy to use stealth to take them out until they give up and rage quit the lobby or the match is rebalanced because you keep KOing them. You can easily run past snipers and win the mode, actually they're kind of gooseberry fool in ranked and you only need 1/2 on a team. As an example. I hate campers in Splatoon.

A lot of people depend too much on their weapons which are all plenty powerful and forget about the fundamental swimming/strafing/stealth/vertical traversion mechanics that are unique to the game. They also don't know when to defend or advance for example how to create roadblocks with ink and how to use the defensive items like mines and spray walls. Also when to use your specials. That's how you get good at Splatoon. You'll be a lot more successful if you swim around and flank and avoid the chokepoints, just let the rest of your team do that as most people don't realise this is a strategy game based on territory and kills mean very little.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
euan707
Joined in 2015

by euan707 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:23 pm

That splat duelies weapon looks pretty good, might give it a try.

FatDaz wrote:So we murdered Euan and somehow are worse off

by 7256930752 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Green Gecko wrote:I disagree, I think this provides further challenge for example if you are going up against 3 or 4 scopes it's easy to use stealth to take them out until they give up and rage quit the lobby or the match is rebalanced because you keep KOing them. You can easily run past snipers and win the mode, actually they're kind of gooseberry fool in ranked and you only need 1/2 on a team. As an example. I hate campers in Splatoon.

A lot of people depend too much on their weapons which are all plenty powerful and forget about the fundamental swimming/strafing/stealth/vertical traversion mechanics that are unique to the game. They also don't know when to defend or advance for example how to create roadblocks with ink and how to use the defensive items like mines and spray walls. Also when to use your specials. That's how you get good at Splatoon. You'll be a lot more successful if you swim around and flank and avoid the chokepoints, just let the rest of your team do that as most people don't realise this is a strategy game based on territory and kills mean very little.

Come on mate, none of that good stuff would be removed and people wouldn't have to rage quite if they could change their load out.

Return to “Games”