Nintendo Switch Chat thread

Our best bits.
ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by ITSMILNER » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:08 am

Point controls when docked or simply undock the system to make the levels then dock it when your done with the touch screen....simples

by 7256930752 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:06 am

Will saves from physical games work with downloaded versions? I want to go digital only on Switch and would assume there is no issue but this is Nintendo.

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:15 am

Hime wrote:Will saves from physical games work with downloaded versions? I want to go digital only on Switch and would assume there is no issue but this is Nintendo.

I think that the save files from your cart games will work with download versions of the games, Hime, although I have not tried this myself. All game save files are stored in the Switch's internal memory rather than on the cart itself. The Switch is the only console I'm aware of that takes this approach; usually game saves are stored on the cart rather than on the machine.

Of course, there is the issue that all your game saves are then tied to that machine but - hopefully in the near future - Nintendo will release a system transfer feature as they have done for 3DS and Wii U.

OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:04 am

I'm gonna miss buying a pre-owned game and finding out how far through the game the last player was :(

orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Still getting really shite wifi connection on the Switch, I'm on bog standard sky at the moment though. I'm going to be upgrading to fibre in a few weeks though with a BT Smart hub, hoping that will improve the connection especially when docked

KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:27 pm

Really sorry to piss on your chippies but don't BT have the most complaints at the moment over shoddy Wi-Fi? With Virgin Media and had a Superhub 2 which was gooseberry fool for dropping connections all the time, recently got a SH3 and it's been spot on so far, can play over Wi-Fi in the bedroom on the Switch without a problem.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:45 pm

KjGarly wrote:Really sorry to piss on your chippies but don't BT have the most complaints at the moment over shoddy Wi-Fi? With Virgin Media and had a Superhub 2 which was gooseberry fool for dropping connections all the time, recently got a SH3 and it's been spot on so far, can play over Wi-Fi in the bedroom on the Switch without a problem.

I can't get Virgin in my area at the moment sadly, BT seemed the better alternative

BAKA
Joined in 2008

by BAKA » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:02 am

I had terrible issues with my WiFi on Switch, bought an Ethernet adapter, the official one from Hori, because I'm a mug, and it seemed to sort all my issues. I do wonder if the plethora of players I see disconnect during Splatoon 2 games are suffering with Switch WiFi issues, or just rage quitting losers... :twisted:

KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:36 am

I use a wired connection when docked. Had quite a few Salmon Run games today where a good few players either quit or disconnected.

OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:41 am

I won't be surprised at all if one of the best changes in the inevitable Switch hardware revision is better wireless

orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
Errkal
Joined in 2011

by Errkal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:58 am

KjGarly wrote:Really sorry to piss on your chippies but don't BT have the most complaints at the moment over shoddy Wi-Fi? With Virgin Media and had a Superhub 2 which was gooseberry fool for dropping connections all the time, recently got a SH3 and it's been spot on so far, can play over Wi-Fi in the bedroom on the Switch without a problem.

I'm with BT and the WiFi is awesome. I think the complaints were that it wasn't as good as they egged it in adverts, however it was still pretty good.

I don't have any issues anywhere in my house or garden with the Home Hub 5.

Curls
Joined in 2008

by Curls » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:48 pm

Sooo any news on if the price will drop for this in the near future?

Im home in september and have two weeks of leave with not many plans...may be a good time to play some zelda.

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Curls wrote:Sooo any news on if the price will drop for this in the near future?

Im home in september and have two weeks of leave with not many plans...may be a good time to play some zelda.

I don't think there will be a price drop this year. They're only just able to meet demand and they have a Mario game coming at Christmas.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Yep, any hope of a price drop has gone right out the window this year.

Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Heck, you'd be lucky to get it at standard price at times, especially at retail...a friend of mine had to get his from GAME with £80+ worth of accessories & Snipperclips bundled in

Curls
Joined in 2008

by Curls » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Wow has it been that popular? I just expected it to do a Wii U...

Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:44 pm

Curls wrote:Wow has it been that popular? I just expected it to do a Wii U...

Ahah the UK is one of its weaker regions but it's still faring alright over here, and the world over it seems to have done really well with much ongoing momentum. They seemed to have learned from the Wii U's failure in making an easily marketable and instantly understandable system

Though this does also tie into them struggling to make enough, competing manufacturing demand for necessary parts in other (namely Apple) products et al

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:49 pm

It'll probably have outsold the Wii U's total sales by some point next year rate it's going...

Super Dragon 64
Joined in 2008

by Super Dragon 64 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Jazzem wrote:

Ahah the UK is one of its weaker regions but it's still faring alright over here, and the world over it seems to have done really well with much ongoing momentum. They seemed to have learned from the Wii U's failure in making an easily marketable and instantly understandable system

Though this does also tie into them struggling to make enough, competing manufacturing demand for necessary parts in other (namely Apple) products et al

That post is far too logical and doesn't mention artificial scarcity because Nintendo.

4/10. Wouldn't read again.

Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 pm

Super Dragon 64 wrote:
Jazzem wrote:

That post is far too logical and doesn't mention artificial scarcity because Nintendo.

4/10. Wouldn't read again.

Ah crap, lemme go with a sensationalist headline retroactively:

Nintendo fights Apple over vital body parts

Return to “Archive”