Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Mafrozen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:58 pm

Pedz wrote:
Advent7 wrote:
Pedz wrote:Isn't it £35 on the other platforms too?


can be bought new for £10 on ps4 and xbox one.

As an offer, yes, but it's actual RRP is the same as Switch. What did people expect? Seriously?

The entitlement of people thinking because a game is coming out later on another system then it MUST be cheaper is quite annoying.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Tomous » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:11 am

AndyXMAS wrote:I've become weirdly obsessed with collecting Joycons...I think they're so cool.

I now have the Mario Reds, Neon Yellows and Splatoon Pink & Green. i guess I only need the classic Neon Blues and Reds. The grey ones don't interest me. Switch is all about colour and fun :)

Plus I'm getting the coloured straps, and then mixing and matching to create cool combos. :toot:


That sounds like it could turn into an expensive habit...

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Pedz » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:29 am

Tomous wrote:
AndyXMAS wrote:I've become weirdly obsessed with collecting Joycons...I think they're so cool.

I now have the Mario Reds, Neon Yellows and Splatoon Pink & Green. i guess I only need the classic Neon Blues and Reds. The grey ones don't interest me. Switch is all about colour and fun :)

Plus I'm getting the coloured straps, and then mixing and matching to create cool combos. :toot:


That sounds like it could turn into an expensive habit...


You're talking to a guy who spent over £200 on a Snes game.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Poser » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:57 am

AndyXMAS wrote:I've become weirdly obsessed with collecting Joycons...I think they're so cool.

I now have the Mario Reds, Neon Yellows and Splatoon Pink & Green. i guess I only need the classic Neon Blues and Reds. The grey ones don't interest me. Switch is all about colour and fun :)

Plus I'm getting the coloured straps, and then mixing and matching to create cool combos. :toot:


Have you got (or considered) one of those charging stands? I was looking at them and wondered if they were any good.

£20 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Switc ... B01MR6JD1M

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by jawafour » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:07 am

Poser wrote:Have you got (or considered) one of those charging stands? I was looking at them and wondered if they were any good...

I’ve got one and it works well, Poser. It can be plugged into one of the USB ports on the Switch dock. It is pretty well-made and has a weighted base to keep it in place. It’s easy enough to slide joy-con on and off. A decent bit of kit for a reasonable price!

Image <<< Thanks to Hyperion for my ace Christmas sig :wub: Image > Enter Mastaba
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Poser » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:45 am

jawafour wrote:
Poser wrote:Have you got (or considered) one of those charging stands? I was looking at them and wondered if they were any good...

I’ve got one and it works well, Poser. It can be plugged into one of the USB ports on the Switch dock. It is pretty well-made and has a weighted base to keep it in place. It’s easy enough to slide joy-con on and off. A decent bit of kit for a reasonable price!


Cheers jf! I doin't actually have extra joycons at the moment, but further down the line I think a charging stand will be the way forward.

I did buy this the other day:

Image


Mainly because i wanted a neat case for the screen/joycons, and that messenger bag included a small case, and was only £5 more. :datass:

I'll be the coolest guy on the Newcastle Metro. 8-)

Image
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Advent7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:50 am

I'd buy another set of joycons and a charging grip as we play a lot of two player Tetris and this stick is gooseberry fool for that, but strawberry float me that price :dread:

Image
User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by CuriousOyster » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:51 am

Also got the same bag for the exact same reason 8-) Quality product, especially the carry case. Was giving me the fear putting my Switch in a poly bag taking it to my gf's :dread:

Still need a screen protector though, are they all much the same?

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:46 am

Any recommended reliable memory cards on sale at the moment? 128gb ideally, but would consider a 64gb if the price was a steal (im sticking to largely physical where possible due to eShop prices). I feel the need to shout at people as Cole Phelps this Christmas and even on physical i need 15gb of space.

All saves (including photos if selected) are to system right? So swapping cards is no big deal?

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Poser » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:54 am

CuriousOyster wrote:Also got the same bag for the exact same reason 8-) Quality product, especially the carry case. Was giving me the fear putting my Switch in a poly bag taking it to my gf's :dread:

Still need a screen protector though, are they all much the same?


Just get a glass one. I have been using the Orzly ones as they are pretty cheap but I know they work well - I've used them on my iPad and my phones.

If you take a bit of care when you apply it, then you won't get bubbles.

Image
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Advent7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Or just look after it and don't drop it like a child.

Image
User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by CuriousOyster » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:14 pm

:slol: I was more concerned about scratches when taking it places or docking.

Cheers Poser i'll have a look at them.

User avatar
Lastpostamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Lastpostamorph » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Region free related question.

If I buy a game from the states, say Fire Emblem, can I buy the Season Pass from the european eStore? Or do I have to switch to the UK eStore to buy it?

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
AndyXMAS
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by AndyXMAS » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Poser wrote:
CuriousOyster wrote:Also got the same bag for the exact same reason 8-) Quality product, especially the carry case. Was giving me the fear putting my Switch in a poly bag taking it to my gf's :dread:

Still need a screen protector though, are they all much the same?


Just get a glass one. I have been using the Orzly ones as they are pretty cheap but I know they work well - I've used them on my iPad and my phones.

If you take a bit of care when you apply it, then you won't get bubbles.


I wouldn't bother with a screen protector. I binned 2 Orzley ones as I couldn't get them on properly and they made the Switch look shabby.

I'm torn whether to get the Joycon charger stand or just the official charger grip. The latter makes more sense as you can charge and play...

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Pedz » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:08 pm

AndyXMAS wrote:
Poser wrote:
CuriousOyster wrote:Also got the same bag for the exact same reason 8-) Quality product, especially the carry case. Was giving me the fear putting my Switch in a poly bag taking it to my gf's :dread:

Still need a screen protector though, are they all much the same?


Just get a glass one. I have been using the Orzly ones as they are pretty cheap but I know they work well - I've used them on my iPad and my phones.

If you take a bit of care when you apply it, then you won't get bubbles.



I wouldn't bother with a screen protector. I binned 2 Orzley ones as I couldn't get them on properly and they made the Switch look shabby.

I'm torn whether to get the Joycon charger stand or just the official charger grip. The latter makes more sense as you can charge and play...


With the amount you have can't you just charge one pair while using another? That's what I do. Well did before my sexy pro controller was used... Which was Day 1 :lol: I do use them for multiplayer though.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
AndyXMAS
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by AndyXMAS » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Pedz wrote:
AndyXMAS wrote:
Poser wrote:
CuriousOyster wrote:Also got the same bag for the exact same reason 8-) Quality product, especially the carry case. Was giving me the fear putting my Switch in a poly bag taking it to my gf's :dread:

Still need a screen protector though, are they all much the same?


Just get a glass one. I have been using the Orzly ones as they are pretty cheap but I know they work well - I've used them on my iPad and my phones.

If you take a bit of care when you apply it, then you won't get bubbles.



I wouldn't bother with a screen protector. I binned 2 Orzley ones as I couldn't get them on properly and they made the Switch look shabby.

I'm torn whether to get the Joycon charger stand or just the official charger grip. The latter makes more sense as you can charge and play...


With the amount you have can't you just charge one pair while using another? That's what I do. Well did before my sexy pro controller was used... Which was Day 1 :lol: I do use them for multiplayer though.


Yeah, you're probably right.

The one reason I would get the charger stand which Jawa was talking about, it it's actually quite a good way to store and display them.

Om another note - is the Tetris Puyo game any good? It's currently £25 in Argos and I'm tempted to treat myself to it :)

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Advent7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:31 pm

It's a great game.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Pedz » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Yeah, it is great.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
AndyXMAS
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by AndyXMAS » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Great, in which case I'll order it. I need a game on my Switch where I can just have a quick blast on it.

I'm also tempted by Splatoon 2 and Arms, but I'll probably hold off on those until I've played through Mario and Zelda :)

User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Rog » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:23 pm

AndyXMAS wrote:Great, in which case I'll order it. I need a game on my Switch where I can just have a quick blast on it.


Consider Picross S. Much cheaper......................and better.


Return to “Games”