Overwatch

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: Overwatch
by PsychicSykes » Wed May 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Picking Brigitte in DM? The worst kind of person.

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Overwatch
by Karl » Wed May 16, 2018 1:46 pm

I am a Brigitte main, ask me anything

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Overwatch
by Lagamorph » Wed May 16, 2018 2:25 pm

My Brigitte good run came to an end when I came up alongside someone picking Ana as the additional healer when picking last and they couldn't have Genji (seriously why the Genji love lately?). Brigitte really needs pairing with someone like Mercy or Moira for decent team healing, so I switched back to Mercy maining for that match.
I wish Brigitte's passive healed herself as well rather than just allies.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Overwatch
by Karl » Wed May 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Lagamorph wrote:I wish Brigitte's passive healed herself as well rather than just allies.

It does, but it can be hard to see, because you're in the fray and getting wailed on!

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Overwatch
by Lagamorph » Wed May 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Karl wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:I wish Brigitte's passive healed herself as well rather than just allies.

It does, but it can be hard to see, because you're in the fray and getting wailed on!

Ahh. The description just says "heals allies" and because I never noticed, because as you say it's hard to see, I just assumed it didn't self heal her.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: Overwatch
by PsychicSykes » Wed May 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Karl wrote:I am a Brigitte main, ask me anything

Image

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Overwatch
by Lagamorph » Wed May 16, 2018 2:54 pm

What's wrong with Brigitte?
I saw someone yesterday in game loudly declare that the game is now cancer because of her.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Overwatch
by Peter Crisp » Wed May 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Mercy is so obviously the best healer.
It's just a shame her gun is about as useful as firing wet farts at people.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: Overwatch
by PsychicSykes » Wed May 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Lagamorph wrote:What's wrong with Brigitte?
I saw someone yesterday in game loudly declare that the game is now cancer because of her.

The concept of Brigitte is really cool, a tank-support hybrid who can offer protection to the backline against mobile characters.

The problem is in practice, where she arguably does more to hurt immobile characters as well. Most of the cast does poorly in matchups against her and her kit is too easy to pick up and use effectively, which is just bad balance.

Combine that with a character that is difficult to kill, has self-heal, has stun and displacement abilities on low cool-downs and an ult that is super strong and you end up with someone that's just not fun to play against.

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Overwatch
by Karl » Wed May 16, 2018 3:14 pm

PsychicSykes wrote:
Karl wrote:I am a Brigitte main, ask me anything

whats-wrong-with-you.gif

I enjoy directly interacting with enemies and controlling how they play, and I also enjoy getting my teammates out of binds. Brigitte has it all -- she can shield and burst heal blue team through tricky situations, and also has a well-defined zone of control in which she can prevent red team abilities/ults and control movement.

I am a "head" Brigitte main because she is very strong, but I've always been a "heart" Mei main for similar reasons. I enjoy using offensive walls and freezing to control and frustrate red team, while busting blue team out of jams with defensive walls and ice-block.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Overwatch
by Lagamorph » Wed May 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Karl wrote:
PsychicSykes wrote:
Karl wrote:I am a Brigitte main, ask me anything

whats-wrong-with-you.gif

I enjoy directly interacting with enemies and controlling how they play, and I also enjoy getting my teammates out of binds. Brigitte has it all -- she can shield and burst heal blue team through tricky situations, and also has a well-defined zone of control in which she can prevent red team abilities/ults and control movement.

I am a "head" Brigitte main because she is very strong, but I've always been a "heart" Mei main for similar reasons. I enjoy using offensive walls and freezing to control and frustrate red team, while busting blue team out of jams with defensive walls and ice-block.

Plus Mei's ult is just so much fun on point capture maps.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Overwatch
by Karl » Wed May 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Mei's ult is super fun! It's a shame it's so easily slowly-walked-away-from. You often have to commit all your cooldowns to a good Mei ult -- Q, wall off the edge of the ult to limit escape routes, then ice block until people are fully frozen. And their Soldier will still sprint out of it. But yeah, when it goes well it's super satisfying.

Brigitte's ult on the other hand is very boring. Worst part of her kit to both play as and against. Would be better if it were a quicker burst of armour that then decays, basically like a thematically different Lucio ult with slightly altered timings / properties.

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Overwatch
by Karl » Wed May 16, 2018 3:32 pm

P.S. Also Mei and Brigitte are two of the cutest characters in any videogame which is clearly the real reason I play them

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Overwatch
by Fade » Wed May 16, 2018 4:00 pm

Yeah I like Bridgette in concept, but she really shouldn't do so well against other close range specialists.

She can combo 180 damage if you know what you are doing. The only characters that can reliably counter her are Pharah and Junkrat.

Her biggest problem isn't her damage though, it's that she has far too much sustain. The sheild and self healing is op with the current numbers, you can soak up huge amounts of damage if you know what you're doing, more that some tanks, which just doesn't make sense.

Her only exploitable weakness is her lack of range.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Overwatch
by Lagamorph » Wed May 16, 2018 4:05 pm

I'm not sure Brigitte is as OP as some people seem to think. She's still quite reliant on support from her team. If she's left to go in somewhere alone and the team don't follow in to back her up she can be overwhelmed extremely easily, and since she doesn't have any real movement/escape abilities she can end up pretty much screwed.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Overwatch
by Karl » Wed May 16, 2018 4:20 pm

I mean I certainly don't think what people are saying about counters is true. Brigitte has most of her value denied by any DPS that are comfortable playing keep-away -- Pharah, Junkrat, Hanzo, McCree, and Widow can all break her shield or force her to retreat without entering her zone. Hog, Mei, Orisa, and Zarya can all disrespect her zone without necessarily losing their own value. (EDIT: Bastion is a hard counter, too, though obviously comes with his own problems.)

Brigitte's ult is definitely a bit OP and unfun (for all involved). Particularly, everyone having permanent armour makes it tougher to play Soldier into her than it needs to be -- fix her ult and you could add him to the list of viable counters.

I agree playing Rein into CC has always felt bad, even when Brigitte wasn't in the game. IMO it's a tweak-Rein problem, not a nerf-Brigitte problem. Rein needs to be made a little more mobile and a little more CC resistant to feel fun in a game that now has Ana, Doomfist, Brigitte, McCrees that have figured out the throw-over-shield trick, and buffed Junkrat mines.

User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: Overwatch
by PsychicSykes » Wed May 16, 2018 7:38 pm

I suppose an issue I have is that while she does have counters, it's quite easy for her team to play around them. Plus with what appears to be relatively meta with the triple support comp, even the amount of damage Junkrat and Pharah put out normally isn't enough to kill with any consistency. Appreciate it's not something everyone is bothered about though.

Oh and the CC thing with Rein is true, but previous characters like Mei and Mccree have had to sacrifice some sort of positioning or long cooldown, which isn't the case with Brigitte. I think just adding a couple of seconds to her shield bash or having it deal damage to the shield when she connects with it would go a long way.


User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Overwatch
by Karl » Wed May 16, 2018 7:42 pm

I like deathball. I don't necessarily like very slow teamfights between two pre-rallied teams. That could be fixed for sure.

User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: Overwatch
by PsychicSykes » Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 am


User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Overwatch
by Lagamorph » Thu May 17, 2018 12:04 am

Good lord that Tracer skin is terrible :dread:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Damian, Errkal, Kanbei, KjGarly, lex-man, Manwell Pablo, Monkey Man, Nova, Poser, Red 5 stella, Slayerx, The Alchemist Penguin, Trelliz and 40 guests