The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom [Switch] buy it now!!!

Anything to do with games at all.
Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom [Switch] buy it now!!!
by Tomous » Sun May 12, 2024 10:24 am

Jenuall wrote:A year, crazy!

Just an incredible achievement. Built on, enhanced and improved just about every aspect of BotW which feels like a beta test by comparison now.

It's masterpiece, easily the best Zelda experience since Majora

Yep, totally agree with this.

Excited to see what the team do next even if it's gonna be a bloody long time before we see it.

dmin
Joined in 2010

by dmin » Sun May 12, 2024 3:42 pm

Just recently returned to this after a long hiatus (from my house move last year!). Loving it all again and still so much to do. Really should go find Zelda though :D

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Sun May 12, 2024 3:42 pm

Yeah, I wonder what they do next, open world I assume but you can’t rehash this map again. Maybe skip forward 100 years later for a vastly different looking Hyrule. New graphical style as well, Switch 2’s big spec jump over Switch will give them so much more to play with it’s exciting thinking of the possibilities.

site23
Joined in 2021

by site23 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:48 pm

I guess it's a safe bet that there will be a new big Mario at launch for Switch 2, and then the new big Zelda will come about a year in.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Sun May 12, 2024 3:50 pm

I can’t see us getting a new Zelda that soon, possibly reveal it 2026 but I can’t see it coming before 2028.

site23
Joined in 2021

by site23 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:28 pm

Actually you're right... in my head I was like, "the next one won't take as long as TOTK did because there won't be Covid in the middle" (fingers crossed!), but two years after the Switch 2 launches is more realistic than one year. That would put it at 4 years since TOTK. I'll put my bet there instead -- April 2027.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Sun May 12, 2024 4:46 pm

May well have a 2D Zelda in 2026 though, one of those are due, possibly that Ages/Seasons remake?

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:48 pm

Depends how big they decide to go? They can still go for a decently sized overworld (50% the size of BotW?) to keep the ope world nature they want to keep, but this should trim development times a bit? They also basically spent the last year of development making sure ultra hand wasn't going to be game breaking as well, didn't they? So a small amount of the team could have already moved on to the next game? I doubt the entire team was just trying to break ultra hand for the best part of a year :lol:

Still think this could be one of the few games, alongside MP4 that will be enhanced on the Switch 2, they know the next mainline Zelda game will be Christmas 2026 at the very earliest, more likely mid to late 2027.

Can't believe how quick the last year has gone, might load this up to have a run around Hyrule, sky dive and stay well clear of the depths.

Return to “Games”