44%

Total votes: 149
DrPepperMan
Joined in 2008

PostGTAV - Join The GRcade Family Online - PC, X1, PS4 in Autumn
by DrPepperMan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:37 pm

In order to join the GRCADE Family online, go here:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/cre ... t_families

Looks like it could be announced within weeks and is going to be set in LA.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a329220/grand-theft-auto-v-to-be-announced-in-weeks.html

Grand Theft Auto V will reportedly be announced this summer.

The reveal was teased in the rumour section of Official Xbox Magazine's latest issue in the US, according to NeoGAF.

"Time's up, says The Ball. Expect Grand Theft Auto V to be announced later this summer," it read.

Grand Theft Auto V rumours intensified earlier this year when a Hollywood talent agency advertised for a number of roles for a title codenamed Rush.

Grand Theft Auto V will reportedly be set in modern day Los Angeles and will feature a returning character from GTA IV and GTA: San Andreas.

Analysts have previously predicted a 2012 release for Grand Theft Auto V.

Grand Theft Auto IV was released in 2008, and was followed by downloadable add-ons 'The Lost and Damned' and 'The Ballad of Gay Tony'.

Really really looking forward to this, so feel free to use this as the official GTA 5 topic :)

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Official Grand Theft Auto V Topic
by Lagamorph » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:39 pm

A returning character huh?

So I'm guessing we still can't customise or make our character like Saints Row let us?

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Interesting that they are going to use a real city and not a made up one. Hopefully they get back to the more "fun" GTA's of the previous generations. I want planes and jet packs!

souljahsstory
Joined in 2008

by souljahsstory » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Moggy wrote:Interesting that they are going to use a real city and not a made up one. Hopefully they get back to the more "fun" GTA's of the previous generations. I want planes and jet packs!

I think The Ballad of Gay Tony had the right amount of realism & fun for me and so i wouldn't mind more of that. Then again, San Andreas is my fave GTA so i would love them to expand upon that. Maybe throw in the drug dealing from Chinatown wars.

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:01 pm

It's time for the Lance Vance Dance!

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
kommissarboris
Joined in 2009

by kommissarboris » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:07 pm

i still await the GTA london 69 remake.

they did the 3 cities from the orginal gta, they should do the same for london 69 it rocked.

Boris

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.
NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:07 pm

LA? Looks like they're skipping Vice City and making another San Andreas then :(

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:08 pm

NickSCFC wrote:LA? Looks like they're skipping Vice City and making another San Andreas then :(

They could focus on the cash, celebrity and bitches aspects of LA rather than the gritty thug lyf stuff though.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:09 pm

A part of me would have liked something new - I mean we were in Hollywood for San Andreas, & we were just in LA, albeit a realistic representation of, in LA noire.

I'm sure LA gives them lots of opportunity for more celeb based piss-takery, though.

Icecold
Joined in 2008

by Icecold » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Can't wait. Great city, music etc last time.

Story was a bit dull and the missions got boring after a while so hopefully they can make it more interesting!

by ___________ » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Anyone got any ideas on the returning character?

Alvin Flummux
Joined in 2008

by Alvin Flummux » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Falsey wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:LA? Looks like they're skipping Vice City and making another San Andreas then :(

They could focus on the cash, celebrity and bitches aspects of LA rather than the gritty thug lyf stuff though.

Such a focus holds potential to make the game like a huge version of TBOGT. :D

BID0
Joined in 2008

by BID0 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Returning character as always will be Lazlow.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:52 pm

I really hope it's not LA and that they go somewhere outside of the US this time.

PCCD
Joined in 2008

by PCCD » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:14 pm

I'd take a GTA: Tokyo

The Holly and Delusi wrote:PENALTY: Blatant lies. Five minutes in the Sin Bin.
Carlos
Joined in 2008
AKA: SanCarlos

by Carlos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Humour and Satire. GTAIV was far too serious. It needs to remind itself its a Video Game and return that wonderful sense of fun VC had.

Drunken_Master
Joined in 2008

by Drunken_Master » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Carlos wrote:Humour and Satire. GTAIV was far too serious. It needs to remind itself its a Video Game and return that wonderful sense of fun VC had.

Hit it!
This ain't no disco
It ain't no country club either
This is GTA LA!

"All I wanna do is have a little fun before I die,"

Prime Directives : Prosecute those who steal memes from other forums. :fp:
Rik
Joined in 2008

by Rik » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:24 pm

I'd rather they keep it a bit more gritty and leave the stupid stuff to Saints Row, can't see it being the case though if it is in LA.

Neogaf: Riky
Octoroc
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Octoroc » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:32 pm

I'd like to see more properties to buy and businesses to run. As much as I enjoyed Lost & Damned, it seemed a bit daft that I had oodles of cash and yet continued to sleep on an old mattress. At least give me the opportunity to buy a new mattress and maybe a nice comfy pillow.

The drug dealing in Chinatown Wars was great - more stuff like that please.

So far this year, I have eaten NO mince pies.
TheTurnipKing
Joined in 2008

by TheTurnipKing » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Rik wrote:I'd rather they keep it a bit more gritty and leave the stupid stuff to Saints Row, can't see it being the case though if it is in LA.

There's a middle ground to be struck, I think. I'm fairly sure they could have a lighter-hearted GTA without tipping into Saint's Row ridiculous.

Octoroc wrote:I'd like to see more properties to buy and businesses to run. As much as I enjoyed Lost & Damned, it seemed a bit daft that I had oodles of cash and yet continued to sleep on an old mattress. At least give me the opportunity to buy a new mattress and maybe a nice comfy pillow.

The drug dealing in Chinatown Wars was great - more stuff like that please.

Actually, that kind of made sense to me. Niko may have had cash, but not the means (or connections) to launder it. Though I didn't play the episodes, so I don't know about Lost and Damned or TBOGT.

Return to “Games”