Civ V. Brave New World. Friday game?

Anything to do with games at all.
That
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Civ V. Brave New World. Friday game?
by That » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:17 pm

It's simple once it clicks - some of your buildings get theme bonuses for having great works from other civilizations. If you have a piece of art from your civilization in one of those slots, you aren't getting that bonus. You can rectify that by swapping that piece of art with another civilization.

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:15 pm

So it's good to swap for a culture boost then?

Also, not sure how I feel about World Congress.

Sorry about the pitboss today, had an unexpected family visit.

Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:39 pm

World congress is a brilliant way of screwing with another civ. Imagine they have cornered the market in wine, you make a resolution to ban wine.

Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

I dont know why, but that sounds strawberry floating incredible.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
Kezzer
Joined in 2012

by Kezzer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Basically karl :dread:

This post is exempt from the No Context Thread.

Tomous wrote:Tell him to take his fake reality out of your virtual reality and strawberry float off

Pacman
Joined in 2009

by Pacman » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:59 am

Those changes sound cool and I noticed arrows showing unit routes on the video too but this is the price of a full game and I don't get enough free time to play these days :cry:

Goker
Joined in 2012

by Goker » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Pacman wrote:Those changes sound cool and I noticed arrows showing unit routes on the video too but this is the price of a full game and I don't get enough free time to play these days :cry:

Can still use the 30% off voucher on GMG, I think.

GMG30-LY2G6-UKDYY
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/tr/en/p ... new-world/

Pacman
Joined in 2009

by Pacman » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:22 am

Goker wrote:
Pacman wrote:Those changes sound cool and I noticed arrows showing unit routes on the video too but this is the price of a full game and I don't get enough free time to play these days :cry:

Can still use the 30% off voucher on GMG, I think.

GMG30-LY2G6-UKDYY
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/tr/en/p ... new-world/

Cheers I appreciate that but still only 10 hours into ME3 after a month and have a few other games I haven't even touched yet too :shifty:

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Currently 910% influential over a Civ. :lol:

Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Just got a diplomatic victory on an amazing single player session. I'm not usually fussed about winning as I usually just play to see the "story" develop but my word, that was great. I'm definitely going to continue playing with this civilization for a while longer to see how things pan out after victory. It was my first proper go with Brave New World and it's such a time sink. I would've loved Civ as a young 'un, I don't know why I never started playing it til V. Probably one of the best games ever.

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:50 pm

You should have lived by your original choices and made the best out of what you had.

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:19 pm

If you end up having to switch to war you can usually churn out enough units to drag out their offense. You wont win any battles but you can hold them off long enough to use friends and allies or cecede a small settlement in exchange for peace. After the first conflict you then have time to spin up a small standing army to better defend yourself.

Kezzer
Joined in 2012

by Kezzer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:12 am

Brerlappin wrote:Damn I love this game :wub:

I have just Finished a fantastic game. I am currently trying to write it up but there was so much going on I just can't get what happened in any sort of coherent manner. haha

At First there was small glimmers of Civilization. Then WAR.

WORLD LEADERS:
Arabia
Byzantium
China
England
France
Germany
Greece
Inca
Indonesia
Shoshone

It has to be said that for as long as there were swords, Indonesia had been at war with The Incan people...

"Unfortunate" is a good word to describe the situation that Arabia found its self in when it learned that it shared its continent with France and Greece, but it worked well for the first 1000 years with plenty of Luxury Deals and trade routes, but soon there was a turning point. When Indonesia started to settle cities off the Arabian coast it was clear that blood would soon be spilled but at the same time no one expected it to be the trigger that would set in motion for be Greece to become the worlds first Super Power.

What had started as an inconvenience, Indonesia's land grabbing for resources to use against Pachacuti soon became a major problem for the Arabian Nation. Indonesian Cities cropped up right next to Arabian claimed land and no amount of diplomacy would stop the rapid expansion. it became such a burden that the Arabian's were squeezed up against the Greek on their south east and had no further room to expand to the west, there could only be one solution. Declare war on the Indonesians and take there cities in the name of the Great Arabian Nation!

Before the Indo-Arabian war broke out. The Greek had long made use of its tactical diplomacy to create a web off alliances with City-sates across the globe. The web spanned across the sea and soon an alliance with Indonesia was born. It was beneficial for both. Indonesia would get Iron and horses to further pursue its militaristic goals from Greece and the Greek would receive luxury resources in return.

When Arabia denounced Indonesia the Greek empire set plans in motion for the entire rule of the northern half of the continent it shared between Arabia and France. Which would give it huge amounts of wealth in both resources and gold...

After many disputes over diplomatic ties with the Arabia, tensions were running high between the nations of France and Greece. When the French joined in in denouncing the Indonesians over land grabbing, it gave the Greek the opportunity to turn its current anger with Arabia into a full blown war on two fronts which would enable it to take control of the biggest land mass in the in the central ocean.

- WAR Between Indonesia and Arabia is declared.

While Arabia is fighting for space, Greece's goals become clear to France. In an attempt to bulk up against possible fighting French troops pour into the Port City-state of Valletta (A long standing ally of the Nation of England) to help keep up pressure on Greece. This becomes the tipping point for stretched relations between England and France over trade disputes and City-state bullying. English diplomats start demanding that France gives up the city-state or suffer sever repercussions and French rulers not wanting to give up a valuable asset against Greek dominance, things were going to get tense.

Not soon after the Occupation, England decides to launch a naval Assault with the intention of liberating Valletta. Seeing this as a deliberate attack on their interests France decides to engage in an assault on the vessels off the main land by moving frigates Out of the French Capital to sail along the south coast to counter the English Liberation force.

But France has underestimated the Financial power of the English Banking system, which in seeing the attacks opens its war chest to fund the construction of the finest fleet. A fleet compromising of eight Ship of the Line, accompanying Privateers supported by fast moving, flanking Caravels.

What had started as a small fight had soon turn into a war which neither side wanted to back out of. England was taking the moral high ground as protector of freedom and France didn't wan't to be shown up as weak in front of Greek oppressors.

1860 - WAR is declared Between England and France.

TBC ...

This post is exempt from the No Context Thread.

Tomous wrote:Tell him to take his fake reality out of your virtual reality and strawberry float off

Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Skarjo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:46 am

Wow.

My tactics are still pretty much just 'Select All - strawberry float that guy'.

Build spaceship, get bitches.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:56 am

Wish I hadn't looked in this thread yesterday, I lost the whole evening to the game again.

Possibly the most peaceful game I've ever played though. I'm up to 1916 and nobody has tried to go to war with me. Not even my closest neighbour, India. Thankfully the bulk of our empires are separated by two city states, meaning no border disputes, and they are in fact my closest political ally on the global stage, and current hosts of the world congress, with my full support.

In fact, I'm friendly with all but 2 of the other world leaders, with whom I am only neutral. Even those who I have denied assistance in other wars are still friendly towards me. England and Persia seem to be the only two countries consistently getting in to scraps with everyone else getting along just fine.

I seem to be supplying half the globe with wine and horses, and thanks to an alliance with a militaristic city state, my army continues to remain a force to be reckoned with, without halting production on buildings.

Not really sure what kind of victory to go for, though. Military would be a big ask, especially this late in the game. I'm not influential enough to win a diplomatic victory, and I never founded a religion. I'm currently leading in tourism, but still a way off victory terms. I'll see what I can do once I get radio and the other modern culture items.

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:21 am

Knoyleo wrote:Wish I hadn't looked in this thread yesterday, I lost the whole evening to the game again.

Possibly the most peaceful game I've ever played though. I'm up to 1916 and nobody has tried to go to war with me. Not even my closest neighbour, India. Thankfully the bulk of our empires are separated by two city states, meaning no border disputes, and they are in fact my closest political ally on the global stage, and current hosts of the world congress, with my full support.

In fact, I'm friendly with all but 2 of the other world leaders, with whom I am only neutral. Even those who I have denied assistance in other wars are still friendly towards me. England and Persia seem to be the only two countries consistently getting in to scraps with everyone else getting along just fine.

I seem to be supplying half the globe with wine and horses, and thanks to an alliance with a militaristic city state, my army continues to remain a force to be reckoned with, without halting production on buildings.

Not really sure what kind of victory to go for, though. Military would be a big ask, especially this late in the game. I'm not influential enough to win a diplomatic victory, and I never founded a religion. I'm currently leading in tourism, but still a way off victory terms. I'll see what I can do once I get radio and the other modern culture items.

You gon' get nuked.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:39 am

Almost definitely. Hope they enjoy all their irradiated wine and mutant horses.

Brer, that's not a bad idea, all this trade had left me pretty cash rich. Most city states are already espionage hot and well contested. I'm 80/30 influence on Sydney and they're still allied elsewhere. :lol:

Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:39 am

:lol:

Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

I dont know why, but that sounds strawberry floating incredible.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:49 am

Yet so many ways to lose.

Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:53 am

Always Gandhi. :x

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:34 pm

Im gonna have to fire a game of this up tonight.

strawberry float you all.

Return to “Games”