The PlayStation Store Thread

Our best bits.
Little Old Man
Joined in 2008

Re: PlayStation Store Thread: First PS2 Classics today
Postby Little Old Man » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:27 am

So these PS2 games are essentially ISO dumps right?

So they'll look no better?
IAmTheSaladMan
Joined in 2011

PlayStation Store Thread: First PS2 Classics today
Postby IAmTheSaladMan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:01 am

Who picks what gets re-released under these so called "Classic" banners? That PS2 line up looks very underwhelming and appears to be mostly budget titled from Midas that I've never heard of.
Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

Postby Harry Bizzle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:33 am

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Who picks what gets re-released under these so called "Classic" banners? That PS2 line up looks very underwhelming and appears to be mostly budget titled from Midas that I've never heard of.

I would imagine publishers have to opt in, and since most of those crappy games were shovelware in the first place, they were probably eager to shovel them onto the PS3, too.

Gimme my Goddamn FFXII.
instagram: @habiz
IAmTheSaladMan
Joined in 2011

PlayStation Store Thread: First PS2 Classics today
Postby IAmTheSaladMan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:00 am

Harry Bizzle wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Who picks what gets re-released under these so called "Classic" banners? That PS2 line up looks very underwhelming and appears to be mostly budget titled from Midas that I've never heard of.

I would imagine publishers have to opt in, and since most of those crappy games were shovelware in the first place, they were probably eager to shovel them onto the PS3, too.

Gimme my Goddamn FFXII.

I want Dragon Quest 8 myself and possibly the Shadow Hearts games.
KKLEIN
Joined in 2008

Postby KKLEIN » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Sony are releasing another firmware update (4.11) today. Maybe they wouldn't have needed this one if last week's one wasn't so gooseberry fool!
HSH28
Joined in 2008

Postby HSH28 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Was up this morning, fixed my issue with downloading stuff from the store.
Poser
Joined in 2008

Postby Poser » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:11 pm

HSH28 wrote:Was up this morning, fixed my issue with downloading stuff from the store.

They've only jsut done that for you?! Jaysus. I had the same issues but it was sorted last week.

KKLEIN wrote:Sony are releasing another firmware update (4.11) today. Maybe they wouldn't have needed this one if last week's one wasn't so gooseberry fool!

Funny thing is, with plus membership you can easily not notice these updates are happening until you realise they've borked your Playstation (to some extent).

It's like they're doing it on purpose so you know the updates are taking place.
Add me on PSN please! poser1929
HSH28
Joined in 2008

Postby HSH28 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Poser wrote:They've only jsut done that for you?! Jaysus. I had the same issues but it was sorted last week.

No, last week was fine for me, I didn't have those issues before. The store update yesterday borked the whole thing again.
Poser
Joined in 2008

Postby Poser » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:30 pm

HSH28 wrote:
Poser wrote:They've only jsut done that for you?! Jaysus. I had the same issues but it was sorted last week.

No, last week was fine for me, I didn't have those issues before. The store update yesterday borked the whole thing again.

I think the moral of the story is that, at some point or other, everybody gets strawberry floated by Sony.
Add me on PSN please! poser1929
NickSCFC
Joined in 2008

Postby NickSCFC » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Little Old Man wrote:So these PS2 games are essentially ISO dumps right?

So they'll look no better?

They're the same as playing the original disc.

The advantage you get is that they're displayed through HDMI so you get no blurry edges.

Some people might say the game look too sharp through HDMI and the jaggies are too pronounced. I prefer it this way as you're playing the game in its purest form without the blurring you'd get from analogue cables like SCART or composite.
Octoroc
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

Postby Octoroc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:47 pm

This may be old news, but the release date for Journey has been announced:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-16-journey-release-date-announced

No price though.
KKLEIN
Joined in 2008

Postby KKLEIN » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Second straight night trying to access the Store. Greeted by a "This service is currently undergoing maintenance" message.

:fp:
Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

Postby Peter Crisp » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 pm

I really hope the service survives Vita release day as I'd like to download 4 games now as I will get Hustle Kings free. I have enough for Escape Plan, Motorstorm and Stardust with about 40p spare :D .
sw26
Joined in 2008

Postby sw26 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Presumably whichever games the relevant publishers that aren't Sony pay to put on there. Not taking 'classic' as any indication of quality is a good rule of thumb with these sort of services.

Harry Bizzle wrote:Gimme my Goddamn FFXII.

At best we'll get an 'HD remake' in the way they are apparently doing FFX. Although given the length of time they seem to be taking to polish up FFX the PS4 will be out by the time they do it.
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

Postby Lagamorph » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:48 pm

sw26 wrote:

Presumably whichever games the relevant publishers that aren't Sony pay to put on there. Not taking 'classic' as any indication of quality is a good rule of thumb with these sort of services.

Harry Bizzle wrote:Gimme my Goddamn FFXII.

At best we'll get an 'HD remake' in the way they are apparently doing FFX. Although given the length of time they seem to be taking to polish up FFX the PS4 will be out by the time they do it.

You really don't want them to release FFXII as a PS2 classic. It upscales horribly
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
NickSCFC
Joined in 2008

Postby NickSCFC » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Every PSone Final Fantasy is up on PSN, so I'm guessing that's a good indicator as to whether they'll put the PS2 games up or not.
Luboluke
Joined in 2008

Postby Luboluke » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Can anyone help me with something? Every time I got to sign in it tells me I have to get permission from the master account, problem is no one knows the password for the master account/which one it even is, I think I may have even deleted it in trying to get another promoted. It's only my account that's affected, all my brothers accounts just sign in automatically. :?

Ah well never mind, just phoned Sony and they told me the accounts done if I can't access the master account. Don't think I can stomach playing Battlefield 3 all over again. :(
mitch
Joined in 2008

Postby mitch » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:42 pm

When you turn on PS3 try pressing triangle over your username on the XMB before 'logging in' to the system or just go the far left of the XMB if already 'logged in', and select information. May tell you who the master account is.
_/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_
Joined in 2012

Postby _/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_ » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:55 am

Bit of a bargain.....

Red Faction Armageddon only £57.99 :fp:
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

Postby suzzopher » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Return to “Archive”