All times are UTC+01:00




Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18708 posts ]  Jump to Page Previous 1618 619 620 621 622936 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:27 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: The moon.
So these PS2 games are essentially ISO dumps right?

So they'll look no better?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland
Who picks what gets re-released under these so called "Classic" banners? That PS2 line up looks very underwhelming and appears to be mostly budget titled from Midas that I've never heard of.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:33 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Who picks what gets re-released under these so called "Classic" banners? That PS2 line up looks very underwhelming and appears to be mostly budget titled from Midas that I've never heard of.


I would imagine publishers have to opt in, and since most of those crappy games were shovelware in the first place, they were probably eager to shovel them onto the PS3, too.


Gimme my Goddamn FFXII.

_________________
instagram: @habiz


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:00 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland
Harry Bizzle wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Who picks what gets re-released under these so called "Classic" banners? That PS2 line up looks very underwhelming and appears to be mostly budget titled from Midas that I've never heard of.


I would imagine publishers have to opt in, and since most of those crappy games were shovelware in the first place, they were probably eager to shovel them onto the PS3, too.


Gimme my Goddamn FFXII.


I want Dragon Quest 8 myself and possibly the Shadow Hearts games.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:45 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Sony are releasing another firmware update (4.11) today. Maybe they wouldn't have needed this one if last week's one wasn't so gooseberry fool!

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:55 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Was up this morning, fixed my issue with downloading stuff from the store.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:11 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
HSH28 wrote:
Was up this morning, fixed my issue with downloading stuff from the store.


They've only jsut done that for you?! Jaysus. I had the same issues but it was sorted last week.

KKLEIN wrote:
Sony are releasing another firmware update (4.11) today. Maybe they wouldn't have needed this one if last week's one wasn't so gooseberry fool!


Funny thing is, with plus membership you can easily not notice these updates are happening until you realise they've borked your Playstation (to some extent).

It's like they're doing it on purpose so you know the updates are taking place.

_________________
Add me on PSN please! poser1929


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:13 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Poser wrote:
They've only jsut done that for you?! Jaysus. I had the same issues but it was sorted last week.


No, last week was fine for me, I didn't have those issues before. The store update yesterday borked the whole thing again.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:30 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
HSH28 wrote:
Poser wrote:
They've only jsut done that for you?! Jaysus. I had the same issues but it was sorted last week.


No, last week was fine for me, I didn't have those issues before. The store update yesterday borked the whole thing again.


I think the moral of the story is that, at some point or other, everybody gets strawberry floated by Sony.

_________________
Add me on PSN please! poser1929


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:37 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Little Old Man wrote:
So these PS2 games are essentially ISO dumps right?

So they'll look no better?


They're the same as playing the original disc.

The advantage you get is that they're displayed through HDMI so you get no blurry edges.

Some people might say the game look too sharp through HDMI and the jaggies are too pronounced. I prefer it this way as you're playing the game in its purest form without the blurring you'd get from analogue cables like SCART or composite.

_________________
Image Image

Photek wrote:
post somethinh comprehensable for the love of God.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:47 pm 
Emeritus
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Preston, Lancs.
This may be old news, but the release date for Journey has been announced:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-16-journey-release-date-announced

No price though.

_________________
ARBEITSLOS UND SPASS DABEI


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:51 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Second straight night trying to access the Store. Greeted by a "This service is currently undergoing maintenance" message.

:fp:

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:32 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
I really hope the service survives Vita release day as I'd like to download 4 games now as I will get Hustle Kings free. I have enough for Escape Plan, Motorstorm and Stardust with about 40p spare :D .


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:37 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Who picks what gets re-released under these so called "Classic" banners? That PS2 line up looks very underwhelming and appears to be mostly budget titled from Midas that I've never heard of.


Presumably whichever games the relevant publishers that aren't Sony pay to put on there. Not taking 'classic' as any indication of quality is a good rule of thumb with these sort of services.

Harry Bizzle wrote:
Gimme my Goddamn FFXII.


At best we'll get an 'HD remake' in the way they are apparently doing FFX. Although given the length of time they seem to be taking to polish up FFX the PS4 will be out by the time they do it.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2010
sw26 wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Who picks what gets re-released under these so called "Classic" banners? That PS2 line up looks very underwhelming and appears to be mostly budget titled from Midas that I've never heard of.


Presumably whichever games the relevant publishers that aren't Sony pay to put on there. Not taking 'classic' as any indication of quality is a good rule of thumb with these sort of services.

Harry Bizzle wrote:
Gimme my Goddamn FFXII.


At best we'll get an 'HD remake' in the way they are apparently doing FFX. Although given the length of time they seem to be taking to polish up FFX the PS4 will be out by the time they do it.

You really don't want them to release FFXII as a PS2 classic. It upscales horribly

_________________
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:
Good post Lagamorph.

Turboman wrote:
Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Image


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Every PSone Final Fantasy is up on PSN, so I'm guessing that's a good indicator as to whether they'll put the PS2 games up or not.

_________________
Image Image

Photek wrote:
post somethinh comprehensable for the love of God.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:55 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Can anyone help me with something? Every time I got to sign in it tells me I have to get permission from the master account, problem is no one knows the password for the master account/which one it even is, I think I may have even deleted it in trying to get another promoted. It's only my account that's affected, all my brothers accounts just sign in automatically. :?

Ah well never mind, just phoned Sony and they told me the accounts done if I can't access the master account. Don't think I can stomach playing Battlefield 3 all over again. :(


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:42 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
When you turn on PS3 try pressing triangle over your username on the XMB before 'logging in' to the system or just go the far left of the XMB if already 'logged in', and select information. May tell you who the master account is.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:55 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2012
Bit of a bargain.....

Red Faction Armageddon only £57.99 :fp:


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:10 pm 
Emeritus
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge
Retro City Rampage is coming to PS3 and Vita

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18708 posts ]  Jump to Page Previous 1618 619 620 621 622936 Next

All times are UTC+01:00

Affiliates

Super ONM - Unofficial Nintendo Magazine Forums

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited