PostRe: Dark Souls: Prepare to cry
by Super Dragon 64 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:13 pm

:lol: That knight kill.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:51 pm

Albear wrote:Hows he controlling the camera? Looks like he's got mouse look on, but can't see him moving anything.

Yeah he's using the mouse. He's playing at soul level 1 too!

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Super Dragon 64
Joined in 2008

by Super Dragon 64 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:08 pm

It looks like he's beaten them; did anyone see it?

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:52 pm

Oh strawberry float off.

Update: after a million attempt got back to the bottom of blight town. Stupidly got passed the 5 trolls, (took out 2 on the left so others didn't notice me) and then thought I'd take on the others for the sake of it. So didn't take on whatever the thing in the cave is since then.

Instead I went back up the other way out of Blight town and picked up some red robes that have 80 curse resistance.

Turned out useful for the Hollow, but I didn't think of using them at first and got strawberry floating cursed. I ran past those brutal mushroom things and now am stuck taking on a hydra with half HP.

How the strawberry float are you meant to dodge all those heads? Eagle shield blocks sometimes but you can get hit by 2 or 3 heads simultaneously from the sides. Seems too much luck involved. I'm about level 38 now. Am I too low level for this gooseberry fool? Driving me mental.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
Albert
Joined in 2008

by Albert » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Mafro wrote:
Albear wrote:Hows he controlling the camera? Looks like he's got mouse look on, but can't see him moving anything.

Yeah he's using the mouse. He's playing at soul level 1 too!

Noob mode.

Andrew Mills
Guides Sec.
Joined in 2008

by Andrew Mills » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:52 pm

Green Gecko wrote:Oh strawberry float off.

Update: after a million attempt got back to the bottom of blight town. Stupidly got passed the 5 trolls, (took out 2 on the left so others didn't notice me) and then thought I'd take on the others for the sake of it. So didn't take on whatever the thing in the cave is since then.

Instead I went back up the other way out of Blight town and picked up some red robes that have 80 curse resistance.

Turned out useful for the Hollow, but I didn't think of using them at first and got strawberry floating cursed. I ran past those brutal mushroom things and now am stuck taking on a hydra with half HP.

How the strawberry float are you meant to dodge all those heads? Eagle shield blocks sometimes but you can get hit by 2 or 3 heads simultaneously from the sides. Seems too much luck involved. I'm about level 38 now. Am I too low level for this gooseberry fool? Driving me mental.

Stand at the edge of the water and block here. Their heads should land around you allowing you to attack them as they sink their heads into the ground.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:44 am

I've tried that tonnes of times but after a couple of block/slash cycles I just get two or three heads come at me and one of them either randomly or deliberately crosses over me. That's exactly what I was doing as soon as I realised this (and several off the bosses) go into stupid mode and have a limited close range moveset.

I think I just need to come back later with a more powerful weapon so I can slice of the heads faster and quickly reduce the chances of getting hit by more than one head.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm having the same problem with the hydra now and that's my thinking. I've just killed Havel so I think I'll head to Blightown instead of wasting more time with the hydra.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:31 pm

You could just be cheap, hide behind the rock on the shore of the lake and hit it from a distance with arrows or magic.

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:33 pm

Yeah that's the other option. I have longbow +1 which is pretty good actually, I got the drake's sword using it. Will just farm some souls and buy a gooseberry fool tonne of arrows so I can at least progress.

Oh and Mori, I'm not on that Hydra. I haven't actually bothered going back to the 1st yet. And supposedly this one is a lot harder as it's a very open area so you can't really take "cover" by the rocks, which I saw on YouTube, for example.

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:45 pm

I didnt find the first hydra too bad, the second one was a real strawberry floater though. Still havent managed to beat it.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Falsey wrote:I didnt find the first hydra too bad, the second one was a real strawberry floater though. Still havent managed to beat it.

I read your post thinking, '2nd Hyrda, what's he talking about?' Looked on the web, never even seen or heard of this place, Ash Lake. Just over 80 hours, all DLC bosses done and never seen this area :lol:

Andrew Mills
Guides Sec.
Joined in 2008

by Andrew Mills » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Floex wrote:
Falsey wrote:I didnt find the first hydra too bad, the second one was a real strawberry floater though. Still havent managed to beat it.

I read your post thinking, '2nd Hyrda, what's he talking about?' Looked on the web, never even seen or heard of this place, Ash Lake. Just over 80 hours, all DLC bosses done and never seen this area :lol:

That's the craziest thing with Dark Souls. So many interconnected areas and so many places you might have completely missed. The game that keeps on giving... :wub:

(God help me when I start writing our guide for DS2... :dread: :dread: :dread: )

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 pm

The problem lies in getting the block direction right.

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Floex wrote:

Yeah I didnt find it till I was strawberry floating around and fluked on it. The way there was such torment that I concluded the prize at the end had to be pretty spectacular.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:14 pm

Yeah I've gotten into a bad habit of getting quite far into areas until the inevitable badass shows up and then running past them, finding myself in even more gooseberry fool.

I found out about ash lake noticing a "false wall" on a map from Internet and also hints left from people.

Everyone online says the hydra is piss easy, but I'm cursed at the moment and after a few successful blocks it will crush me. Thanks to the camera you have no idea where the strawberry float the heads are when you're under there and they move around randomly, so chances are one will come down on you. Not like you have a 360 degree block. I'm using a 100% physical shield. There are loads of enemies in the game that will crush you even with a shield like that (cough capra demon, trolls, havel). There's something else involved even if it's simply because I suck.

Oh I found a way to farm those big mushroom guys for 1000 souls each. Just lure them into the entrance tunnel to ash lake (from ash lake side) and lock on, only one can fit through a choke point at a time. When they attack and you strike them with a long range weapon like halberd (you will need one leveled up to do it fast), they get stuck and can't move past that point. Just strike and run back, rinse and repeat. They'll even flinch now and then. Go back to bonfire on beach and they'll respawn. Around level 40 you only need to do this 4 to 5 times get some levels in and you can use the dragon scales in the area to upgrade dragon weapons like drakes sword.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Don't waste scales on Drake Sword. Scales are rare and Drake is a beginner/mid level area sword.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Too late, but I think I only used one.

I also have dragon axe from the mouth dragon thing, but needs massive stats. I'll save the rest for that, then.

Super Dragon 64
Joined in 2008

by Super Dragon 64 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:48 pm

You should really stop using the Drake Sword.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Zweihander is where the party is.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.

Return to “Games”